400w hps 3'x3' tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 06cbrboy, Apr 14, 2011.

1. So what 400w hps should i go with i also have cfl side lightign and a bunch of t5's. any specific brand of bulb ect. always used fluros looking to step it up i have a dr80 secret jardin tent 3x3x6 any stain suggestions looking to do like 2 plants maygbe three looking for fast flowering time and a decent yeilder i im doing this for myslef! dont wanna run out ya know:D

2. Theres so many strains to pick from, really it's up too you. Try attulide seeds banks I just ordered from them they have a nice thing to find what strain that fits you.

3. Hey 06,
    There is no special brand light, if you are going a 3x3 just get a 400w off ebay. Their package deals aren't bad as far as hood ballast bulb and such. I picked up my 600w from ebay and I've yet to have any problems. As far as strains, ever think of autoflowers? I'm doing a 12 site hydro grow now, feel free to check on my set up and leave advice, its my 1st run. All of the 12 are autos, skip veg and flowering after 2-4 weeks depending on strain. I'm hoping to get 1oz+ per plant in 2-3 months. What u really need to worry about if air flow. Right now I have my 600w in a 4x4x6.5 and with the tent sealed, my temps can hit 85. I need to open tent and have 2 extra fans going to keep it at 76-79.

Sorry for rambling, a little stoned right now. Hope I helped!
    -FLgrwr

4. If this is your first grow and you have not bought anything yet, try finding a cheaper tent for the same size. Make sure it has proper holes for ventilation, (normally two at the top and one at the bottom), with a 3x3 space you could always use some CFLs for lighting being that they don't get all that hot and that a few CFLs could produce the lumens needed to grow out that space. Now making sure the conditions are right is like 50% of the yield, so make sure you stay within range in both air temp, humidity, pH levels, etc...

For what you want to grow you should be more then able to reach your goal with a $100 tent off ebay, some CFLs hanging vertical and proper ventilation you'll be good to go!

5. bout my 3rd indoor. Ive always used like 800watts of t5's i just wanna use less energy and denser product. I have plenty of ventilation as my tent forms a vacum when sealed up i replace the are somthing like 3 time or more a minute so temps from a 400 watter shouldnt be an issue thanks all and any one with specific strains that yeilded well in soil for anyone

6. bump looking to see what kind of buds to expect 400 watts in a 3x3 should make pretty dense buds shoudlnt it along with bout 200w of cfl/t5's. Just a regular 17 dolla ge hps bulb would be just fine, or should i spend 50 more bucks and get better yeilds and denser buds. never used hid system help im tired of fluffy buds.:(

7. For a 400w light, I would suggest a magnetic ballast (cheaper and more dependable IMO), and run a CMH bulb in it. ~$50 and the best spectrum available. They won't work in a regular digital ballast.

CMH=Ceramic Metal Halide

Welcome To Advanced Technology Solutions ~ Lighting Divison

Do a little reading here, there is lots of technical info.

Wet

8. CMH bulbs are great. I'm gonna have to drop some rep to wetdog for that suggestion.

They WILL make your buds leafier, making trimming a bitch. But it'll be frosty leaf (and frostier buds, thanks to the spectrum) which mean more hash. Buds will be slightly smaller than just a full blown HPS, but the spectrum again leads to extra density. I used CMH bulbs for years, and still would, except I run digital ballasts now.

Actually considering buying a cheap mag and some CMH bulbs - they run cooler than HPS as well. I can touch the bare bulb while fully lit without burning myself. Try that with a HPS.

9. I asked my local worms way if they carried cmh and the guy looked at me like he had no idea and he is a very knowledgable worker i prefer him over the rest he tells you what you need not what he wants to sell type of guy.

10. Worms way does't stock CMH bulbs, I've never actually seen a grow shop that does. The link wetdog provided is the same one I used to order my bulbs from.

They've had a "special" going on for a while - buy any CMH bulb and they throw in a free (cheap) HPS. Buy any 3 CMH bulbs and they throw in another CMH for free. The cheap HPS are good for a back-up bulb at least.