400w homemade tent grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dooder, Nov 23, 2011.

1. id say go another week or 2. get them a lil over a foot tall

2. yea, gunna take about 2 weeks to sex, then i dont even think there would be a point in flippin back for only 2 weeks ya know.. but i havent started any additives for budding yet.. so maybe ill do 2 more weeks to get the hormones good and ready for budding.

3. how much longer do u have left?

4. im gonna go another 2 weeks i just feed them for there last time yesterday. so im on the 2 week flush now...

5. Very nice grow you have going on here :)

6. Sexy looking girl you've got growing. Sorry I didn't get here sooner. Looks dank! Can't wait for a smoke report. She's so compact. Didn't stretch at all it seems

7. it didnt stretch at all it seems and ya the nugs are really dense. it has an old school skunk smell ito it but not that strong yet, but its starting to ripen up.

8. [quote name='"dooder"']it didnt stretch at all it seems and ya the nugs are really dense. it has an old school skunk smell ito it but not that strong yet, but its starting to ripen up.[/quote]

Nice! My tent is starting to smell. Saving up for a carbon scrubber and strong inline fan.

9. #109 akhans, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    Not trying to bring drama into your thread, but in my opinion, flushing isn't the best thing for a plant.

It's like an Olympic Sprinter saying he stops eating a week before the big race so he doesn't get stomach cramps. Yes, he won't get cramps, but he doesn't have the energy to perform his best. Cannabis is similar; I would stop feeding perhaps a few days before harvest tops.

The reason oldtimers started flushing their plants is they realized Nitrogen was holding back the flowering, and they wanted to get that out of soil, NOT because chemical nutrients make the bud taste bad or funky. They still used nutrients after the flush, just extremely little to no Nitrogen for the last couple of weeks.

Lots of people flush because they think it'll make their bud taste better, but I've seen a double blind test performed and I guarantee that there was no difference. In fact most people picked the flushed bud as the stuff that wasn't flushed simply because it didn't smell or taste as powerful as unflushed buds. This is because the unflushed buds weren't lacking for any nutrients and the plant flourished up to the day of chop whereas the plant that was flushed lagged a bit.

Again, not trying to start an argument, just my opinion, but ask anyone who flushes why they do it and they'll tell you "because everyone does" or "it tastes better" and very little else. Very few people have actually taken 2 clones, flushed one and not the other, and then asked their blindfolded buddies which tastes better.

On an unrelated note, I don't think I've used the word flush so many times in one post before...

Keep it green bro :)

10. Lookin good bud! I forget, what nutes are you usin?

11. Nice setup Dooder, very similar in size to mine. How tall were those girls when you started flowering??? I'm getting ready to switch to 12/12 in a few days to sex them and begin flowering. They are 12" tall and it's getting crowded... Did you need the full 2 weeks to tell the gender?

12. im using fox farm trio. and yes it took the full 2 weeks to see sex it was so frustrating lol

13. I know. I hate it. I wish we could tell sooner

14. WFD, males are usually much earlier than females. The first plants to start having growth in their crotches next to the stipules are usually male. If you have a scope or magnifying glass (which you should to check your trichs so you know when to harvest) you can tell which sex your plant is well before any pollination would take place.

Focus on keeping the plants healthy and happy and they'll focus on showing pistils or balls. Be patient but attentive and you'll be astounded by your results :)

Also, every plant is different. Some show sex even before you switch to flowering, which is called pre-flowering because it isn't actually starting to bud yet. Some will show as early as a few days, other a few weeks. Sativa leaning plants usually show the latest compared to Indica's.

15. lookin good man.. im a week into sexing myself.. just killed off a male yesterday and think i see the beginnings of another! that'll leave me with 1 fe fe.. on a better note, i can start the purple paki and the auto blue Himalayan auto.. get a nice spread goin!

16. Thanks Akhans, this is my first grow and I feel like my plants are staying very healthy. I'm pretty surprised that they are 12" tall in less than 6 weeks especially since they are all bagseeds. I do have a scope to check them as well and I will. I was just hoping to get the males out ASAP so they are taking nutrients that my girls need...

17. flushing all depends on how you've fed your plants, period. IF you have excess n/p/k in the soil, or even fed with mychoryzzae in some circumstances, you will taste it in your bud - if you grow hydroponically especially. I've smoked bud that left black ash in the bowl, looked like half the bowl was left still, tasted like crap but it made you cough. the guy that bought it didnt even notice - he thought it made it stronger, lol. Point is, depending on how you grow and what you feed, some people do NEED to flush - whether they want to or not you see all the time in dispensaries, where do you think the mids and lows come from.

I amend my soil with worm castings and guano and lime, use blue mountain organics for nutes when needed, and beneficials, and I use a h2o/molasses mix the last 3 or 4 weeks, depending on how green they are - they usually will stay green, with maybe a little purpling, towards the end, and I might get a touch of leaf fade but not much - its a natural plant reaction to help the plant finish flowering. I've seen and smoked thousands of plants grown a hundred different ways, and I can definitely tell when a plants been flushed, if its been grown organically or hydroponically with chemicals, after 30+ years I know the difference, and I also know what to do and what not to do to finish a plant out. Each grow is not identical and neither are the growers.

18. Make your own! I made mine and it cost about 65 bucks, and it works great with my 293 cfm inline. I would suggest buying the act. carbon on amazon or something in bulk. What made mine a little more expensive(not compaired to a store bought) was buying the carbon from petco. They do have good carbon but it's pricey when you're buying in small containers. Also act. carbon for water works just as well as the one for air