400w Homebox Tent Grow!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jrrtheskater, Jun 25, 2009.

1. #1 jrrtheskater, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
    I've been meaning to start a grow journal to document the whole growing process but ive been a little slow to get going on this, better late than never I guess! Heres my setup first of all:

Homebox S Tent
    400w HPS w/ digital greenhouse ballast in a 6"cooltube
    1 "6 duct booster fan (in cooltube)
    1 "4 duct booster fan (exhaust)
    using flaps on the bottom of the tent for passive intake
    Botinacare Pure Blend Pro Bloom
    Cha-Ching
    5 gallon pots for all except 1 of the girls
    Organic soil from Ace Hardware

Temps: ~72 when the lights are off and ~82 when the lights are on
    Humidity: stays between 40% and 70%
    Light Distance: about 6 inches
    Light Schedule: from seeds 24/0 (planted them around 5/7 I think)
    12/12 since 6/19

Germ'ed 8 seeds hoping for 2-3 females to do a scrog. Only 5 popped and all made it through the seedling stage. The seeds were from a friend who claims they are juicy fruit, god bud, and some kind of purple strain.

Right now the plants are just beginning to flower after about 6 or 7 weeks from seed. Amazingly ALL 5 turned out to be females!! I wasn't planning on this and now the tent may become a little overcrowded in the next couple of weeks but oh well a good problem to have. I have also been doing a little LST to try to make as even of a canopy as possible but I think I am going to stop doing that now and just let them grow.

I dont have too many pics from the start of the grow but I will update this often with new pics. Here they are on day 6 of flowering! This will be my 2nd real grow so hopefully it turns out well!

The first 3 are from 6/10, the next 2 are from the 6/15, and the last 5 are from today (6/25). Not sure why the one plant is curling under like that, I know that its not overwatering, possible nute burn but ive been taking it easy on the girls this grow. Any comments are welcome...

Attached Files:

2. #2 jrrtheskater, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    One of the 5 females decided to hermie on me so I had to ax it. Probably could have kept it in there cuz it was only on one of the branched or maybe just cut off the branch but whats done is done. Watering lightly about every 4 or 5 days with 1/4 tsp per gallon Open Sesame. more pics soon...

Attached Files:

3. Coming along quite nicely now! Hopefully they have all stopped stretching or are close. There are 2 Indica dominant plants in there and also two sativa/indaca hydrid lookin type plants i think. Bud sites fattening up and getting a little a frosty now. Trying to get some macro shots soon...

Attached Files:

4. Watered the girls today. They seemed to have stopped stretching and will now just hopefully be getting fatter and fatter with some goodness!! The biggest of the girls has 8 different colas that are 18+ inches and will hopefully get packed with bud. Trying to update at about 2x a week. Suggestions and comments welcome!!

Attached Files:

5. #5 jrrtheskater, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    Last week I forgot to mention that I had also taken 2 clones from each plant around 7/1 and stuck them in peat pellets inside of a tupperware box. No rooting gel or anything at all except for good old fashion water. 7/8 cuttings showed roots and are now sitting in my old rubbermaid grow box that I have turned into a veg/clone station. I guess the plan is to find 1 good pheno out of the 4 plants and use one of the clones of that plant as a mother and put the other one into flower and do a SCROG; once these ones finish flowering. Hope that makes sense...pretty stoney right now :smoke::smoke:

Anyway, here are some pics of the girls at 3 1/2 weeks flowering. Coming along nicely I must say now!! Starting to get frosty!!

Attached Files:

6. sweet lookin jrr. comin along fine fine fine

7. Update: 7/17 Flowering Day 28

Thanks for stopping by Mooner!

Not too much to report right now, the girls are just getting fatter now and definitely starting to stink!! Very satisfied with the way things are going so far on this grow...

As for the clones...I had been turning off the lights in the box at night to keep the temps down, and I guess they never really switched back to veg because they are showing new white hairs now. Ive kept the lights on 24 hrs /day for the past 3 days to snap them back into veg.

The next grow I do, using the clones, will most likely be a scrog with only 2 plants and try to go for the .5 gram to watt ratio....who knows maybe I will get there with this current grow!! With the way things are shaping up right now I think I will get at about 1-1.5 oz per plant for 3 of the ladies, and then the sativa dominant monster which has 8 separate colas each 18+ inches!!

Attached Files:

8. SPIDER MITES!!!!!!!

I knew everything was going way too well for too long, and upon furter inspection on one of the girls I found a couple of spidermites feasting on the underside of some old fan leaves!!! The mites havent moved to other plants and I am going to do whatever I can to get rid of them....thinkin about getting one of those sticky matt bug things to put in there....I dont really want to do any sprays since this is day 31 of flowering.....

has anyone on here successfully gotten rid of spidermites before?? PLEASE HELP!!

9. Ok I did some research and decided that the best way to handle the situation is to just go get a NO-Pest strip from Home Depot, so thats exactly what I did yesterday. As I was going through and check the plants yesterday I also found a cabbage looper feasting on my leaves!! arrrrgh!!! The damage was actually pretty minimal but I dont want ANY kind of pests in there whatsoever...

Will update pics later when the lights come on again...

Does anyone think NO-Pest strips will stop the cabbage looper as well?? I have to be sure these bastards are completely gone!

10. my indoor baby's spend a lotta time in natural sun during the day and collect their fair share of pests. when I put em to bed at night I always find new critters and holes. after a good bowl it's a pleasure to groom the flock and squash everything that ain't supposed to be there. seems to be working so far, no actual infestations, and no pesticides. good luck mon