400 watt MH/HPS Medical Grow Journal. Start to Finish. Follow my journey.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crwildman, Jan 6, 2015.

1. #1 crwildman, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

Strains: Purple Power , White Widow, Orange Kush, Critical Jack, Blue Fruit, and Buddah's Dream.

Aquarium Germination and Watered.
    Indoor 400 Watt MH/HPS System Veg/Flower
    Temperature 73-77 F
    Sprouting in 16 oz cups.
    Light - (1) 24 inch Fluorescent tube sprouting
    24/7 light cycle.

Flowering:
    Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
    Premium Grade Perlite 50% + Organic Top Soil 50% Mixture
    Light - (1) 400W MH/HPS (Veg/Flower)
    Nutrients - Aquarium Water
    # of Plants: 9 Starting, Will keep 4 or 6.

Follow my journey as I grow to replace all this medication that I have been taking in the past.
    I am here to say there is an answer. We can live truly happy and be set free with a sober mind and be happy in life!

Time to get away from the man made drugs that has side effects which are killing us or clouding our judgement.

Lets leave it up to nature and let her do the work in a natural organic grow.
    I am a believer in freedom of religion And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." Genesis 1:29

This is my medicinal and healing food.

First off I am going to grab and clean out a few of these containers really good.
    [​IMG]

You may also noticed I was born missing part of my left hand because of a possibly substance abusing mother. This medication has changed my life and allows me to become from like a vegetable , to back to a feeling like a human again. I can feel like what it feels like to breath again without my muscles always tense and cramping. Most importantly it taught me what it feels like to laugh again.

Anyone who speaks negative about it's medical benefits are only complete biased assholes, and probably the type of people who would make fun of someone born with a disability and rather them to stay drugged up on a bunch of complete man made garbage.

2. What to choose....? This will require some more research to see what medical properties will be suited best for my particular symptoms and have enough CBD to treat my symptoms.

Any recommendations? Buddah's Dream is going to be a pick for sure. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Time to research some of this else before I get ready to germinate.

[​IMG]

3. To find out more about where I got the seeds and the incredible lady who is helping change my life, you can read more on this thread http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-cannabis-seeds-banks/1350079-natures-sweet-nothings.html and find out more about her store and she is a good person to deal with and has a great heart. Great Prices, great genetics and a lot of strains to choose from.

More pictures coming soon as I pick strains the germination begins.

4. Okay Looks Like I am going to start by creating some dark containers to separate the strains. I cleaned these containers thoroughly then placed black duct tape on them to seal out any light.

I filled them with water from the aquarium.
    [​IMG]

I have chosen the strains.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dropped them in the water and sealed them up 3 bottles in each bag.

[​IMG]

I then put the bottles in a dark place behind the filters in the aquarium.

[​IMG]

The reason for putting them here is to keep the temperature right where it needs to be during these winter months when the water is colder.

[​IMG]

Perfect and simple solution that works to germinate seeds and it didn't cost anything to be resourceful to use what I have laying around.

I will let these soak from 36-48 hours. But I will check them and push them under water with my finger in about 4-6 hours. I want to see them sink to the bottom at this time so I know that the inner parts of the seeds have soaked and absorbed water.

5. All the seeds are underwater at bottom of containers, some seeds were still floating and I just push them under water with my finger to make them sink, and have been soaking them for a little over 12 hours now. I will check them again in 8-12 hours. In the mean time I will be going to purchase the soil and perlite mix I will be using for this grow and watching for them to crack and sprout open within the next 24 hours.

6. Ill be droppin in...best wishes

7. Going to mix these up.
    The Top Soil and Perlite mixed in a 50/50 ratio should work nicely. We shall see.
    I will be sure to rinse the perlite and drain it best I can before mixing it into the soil giving it a even second and third rinsing to decrease the chance of any PH rise in the soil which may result from that dusty perlite particles which are in your bag. I'll keep you updated..

[​IMG]

8. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I hope you baked that topsoil first...

There is another reason the soil for containers costs more..

Less chance of critter eggs.. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that you got a good batch.

9. Okay Lets Do This...

[​IMG]

Whoooooppss.... Don't worry guys, You will even see my fuck ups.

[​IMG]

Within 36 hours after soaking seeds for germination 8/9 Have cracked open and look like this.

[​IMG]

Time to plant.
    All cups are rinsed , watered down and have good drainage. I used only aquarium water to germinate and water them.

[​IMG]

More Pictures soon of the light setup and how I will sprout these guys. Any tips or advice and recommendations is always appreciated, i don't know everything, I am new to this and hope to learn more as I grow more. Thanks and Hope you enjoy and follow this post to see how they will do.

10. #10 crwildman, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    After those pictures were took it has been about 4-5 hours since I have checked on that last 9th little seed. It has just popped.

9/9 Seeds have successfully popped and been planted. 100% viable seeds and a simple natural way to make the most out of your seeds and make sure they all have a chance. If you want to know where I got the seeds and they only cost 25$ for mixed pack of 20 seeds.... Just read up in the log.

Never use nutrients, or one drop of this, or one drop of that....
    Just using aquarium water always gives me 100% germination rate in an established aquarium system. If your fish is happy, your plants will be happy.

So here is the last little girl who decided to join the party.
    [​IMG]

Here is the simple light setup I created using a cheap 24 inch fluorescent tube light, just to get these little gals started.
    You will have better growth under a fluorescent light getting these started. A little too much heat and you dry them out quick and they are done. Even CFL's have been known to dry a new seed out very quickly if placed too close or temperature is too high.

[​IMG]

You may notice I am missing 3 cups. I am trying to figure out whether to try to squeeze a couple cups side by side, with just the one light to sprout? Or do I risk putting 3 cups of the ones I germinated extras into my 400 watt room as a test at about 25-28 inches away to from the light.....?

11. So instead of risk frying the tender seedlings under the HID lighting we will use 1 of the 24 inch flour tubes for this entire sprouting process.

[​IMG]

Temp is just about perfect... If you trust my meat thermometer lol
    [​IMG]

12. #12 crwildman, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    Check out the New Crafty Aluminum Foil Reflector Lid and Luxurious Plastic Humidity Domes.
    [​IMG]

Meet the Designer, Inventor, Catnip Protector and my Friend.

Mr. Towel
    [​IMG]

:)

13. #13 crwildman, Jan 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

Humidity dome is working nicely. I haven't watered them , I only soaked them for the 36-48 hours in the aqua water and I believe mother nature and a little light is all we will need. I expect that maybe by tomorrow this time we might see one trying to pop out, but i expect it to take 2-5 days (it has been only 1.2 days) and my temperature has stayed between 73-77 degrees.

14. #14 crwildman, Jan 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

This is the type of lighting I am using for these lil baby girls to take off.
    Nothing special.

6500k 1025 lumen 20 watt , 24 inch florescent tube.

15. First Sprout popping out already... The first one is looking out already and it has only been about 1.5 days since they were planted 1/4th - 1/2 inch deep very loosely.

Everyone has heard of this strain im sure....White Widow, it is in cup WW#2 Lets see how it continues and see who will be next to sprout...

I have to go to sleep for now, but I will let you know who else sprouts when I wake up :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 3/9 are already sprouting up and reaching for the sky.

The very next to pop was purple power.

[​IMG]

And then Critical Jack auto flower in my #2 cup.
    [​IMG]

Temperatures hit like 69 degrees, a little lower then my liking but warming them back up where they need to be right now. Should be fine.

17. #18 crwildman, Jan 9, 2015
    Next to show was White Widow in Cup 1 WW#1

[​IMG]

Followed shortly after by Orange Kush

[​IMG]

Note: It has been exactly 2.0 days since the seeds have been under the fluorescent lighting. 5/9 reaching up for the light.

18. It has been 2.1 days since I planted the seeds and 7/9 have started to sprout and reach for the lights....
    [​IMG]

This is part of a program I use to document the growth and strains, it is very useful and freely available for medical personal study and use. Just let me know if you want to know more about it. It is called HERB.IQ any search can easily find it.

You can record your logs,pictures, strain reviews, CBD%,THC% , Sativa%, Indica%, ect. Easily export to .pdf and print for your records and documentation.

Look who showed up next.

6/9 Buddah's Dream Breaks Ground
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7/9 Blue Fruit breaking ground next shortly after
    [​IMG]

19. Awesome bro sounds cool, deff be following. The tin foil reflector is no doubt crafty but I its a common misconception with new growers. The light can actually concentrate and burn your plants. Better off just putting those lights about 5 to 6 inches away burning is virtually not a factor for you.
    Glad to see somebody with a live for canabiss and a true love as a new grower. May your garden brings you great relief 🍁💨👍

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum