400 watt CFL grow DWC Northern lights.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by mels, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Looking damn good mate keep up the good work and keep those pics coming in on their development.

2. Just a couple.

Attached Files:

3. Nice pics dude.
    They look like they are growing fast.

4. Anyone know why the two plants are so different? They are the same strain out of the same bag.

Attached Files:

5. yo! they look happy as man and as for the different looking plants, the fingers on the leaves look a tiny bit skinnyer, just the characteristics of the plant i guess.

6. Good luck on your new grow. At least you got some experience under your belt with the last one. I am doing my first grow now and I am worried that I will end up with a male since I'm only growing one plant at this time. You'll get there!

7. Thanks man and good luck.

8. The plants are different because they are seedlings. Even when they are the same strain, seedlings can be slightly different. When I start my seedlings under identical situations, one usually grows higher faster then the others and one will have slightly thicker leave then the others. Its nothing to worry about having different phenotypes. They look very healthy, when you gonna sex them?

9. Good to hear man, I'm thinking of starting 12/12 today to determine sex. Heres some pics in the mean time.

Attached Files:

10. Don't go 12/12 on day 17 from germination, I would go at least 25 days minimum veg time, and that is usually my rule for clones, from seed maybe a week or so longer. If you planned on flowering them to determine sex then put them back in veg, it could take longer for them to come back out of flowering then it would take them to veg for 25-30 days then flower.

Another option is take a clipping off each of them when they get bigger, keep the original plants in veg, once the clones root put them into flower and determine sex, if you have male you can scrap the male. Or you can keep one as a mother, veg the shit out of her (indefinitely) then just take clippings and grow them.

Good journal btw...

11. Lookin good mels.

I feel your pain with those males. My last two grows were one at a time and both males. Current grow started out as four plants and three turned out to be male. Still got my one healthy lady though.

when are you gonna start flowering?

12. Thanks guys will be forcing sex in a couple weeks if they are not showing it, +rep for the advice will get more pics up soon. Will flower when 75% of my screen is filled.

13. looking good mels!
    they got big FAST!

and i donno about the 25 day advice, rumple goes 2 weeks (max) from clone and makes some pretty big trees.

either way it's looking great

peace

14. When I put my plants into buding to sex they are only in there as long as necessary. As soon as the first couple hairs appear, it goes right back into veg. The growth will barely be affected as long as you don't wait so long that budsites start forming. Whatever you do, it should work fine. :eek:

my cameras gettin here monday so my journal will be up asap. I know its takin forever but the site I bought from was waiting for a shipment of the camera I bought. Just my luck. lol

15. Thanks for the tip myles can't wait to see your journal, heres a few more pics,

Attached Files:

16. Hey guys im a first time grower about to start some nothern lights x big bud but in soil I had a few questions before i planted. Great job on the plants so far they look good. I was wondering if I didn't adjust the ph any and just used some miracle grow potting mix with continuous release plant food would that produce a good yeilding plant? Also these may be dumb questions but as i said i am a first time grower lol.. can you take clones from a female that is already flowering or should that be done in the veg state? Thanks for the info, ill be posting frequently and keep up the great work im learing a lot! and can't wait to see myles117 post his grow journal. Thanks again

17. You should have posted this somewhere other than someone else's grow journal.

18. That soil will kill your plant alone let alone with bad PH dude. You can take flowering clones it just takes a bit of time to re-veg it.

19. I sent him a private message that should help him out greatly. That miracle grow soil is just a marijuanna killing product imo. Those nutes get released far to quickly especially when starting seedlings in the stuff and they are getting full doses of nitrogen from day one.

20. Couldn't agree more, like the clumsy idiot that I am I just broke one of my veg lights, can I carry on with my flowering lights when I switch them back to veg? or am I better off just flowering them now? Should I move my SCROG screen down and start that now two? Any help appreciated guys, heres how they are doing. A few spots on the lower leaves but nothing to bad.

Attached Files: