400 Watt CAB , Cool Tube

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by andrew415, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Just wanted to update everyone, I got a Cool Tube, now my heat issues are obviously gone!

Heres some pics after I installed the tube. Plants sprouted last night and just went under the light:)

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      47.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      84.2 KB
      Views:
  2. More pics

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
  3. nice job. It's always great to see someone that actually takes the advice he's given. What'd the cooltube cost? (I actually like the SUNtube better, but it looks like that's the one you got)

4. I thank you for your previous advice!, It was very stressful but I knew I could figure things out, now its smoother sailing from here. My temps are not going over 79.5, and I have a shitty gauge. in actuality I think I'm sitting at about 75-76

I got it at a local hydro shop for 159.99 , Kinda expensive but I was in a bind. Its very well built, reflective, and light/strong material.

Cheers mate

5. Hey Andrew,

I am thinking of making a cabinet with similiar dimensions...what are yours? How much cfm is you fan? And what is a 400watt CAB?

I am thinking about making a 2' x 3' x5' space w/ 250 HPS using a cooltube shooting straight through (no bends in the ducts). I am unsure about the fan but I want it quiet. Think this setup will work? Or be too hot?
    THANKS

6. I have two 100CFM 4 inch muffin fans, One cooling the plants, and one cooling the duct(light).. I hate to say it but it is not quiet!, My bedroom sounds like a bathroom with those fans ya'know? It kinda sucks but whatever, no one goes in there except me and my girl.

400 Watt cab (cabinet) lol

Mine is 53 inches high
    21inches deep
    38 inches long

250 is about the same heat as a 400, Cool tubes work great, I have my seedlings about 6 inches away from the tube and I'm fine, I could literally put them about 2 inches away with little heat.

Good Luck, anymore questions just pm me