Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

40+ year old tokers

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MotleyMama, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Can you explain what law you in place a little more in detail? I live close to you but live in a state where people are still getting raided for cbd.

2. I'm 58 and smoked when I was young but decided to try it again not too long ago. I'm originally from CA but been here in the Appalachian Mountains for 14 years now.

3. Yeah...what a horribly set up law.
    I certainly hope that it's fixed soon. We are such a screwed up state in this regard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm almost 40 but have an old soul that adds at least 5 years on to my real age! That makes me mid 40s!

I started smoking when I was 15. I knew my mom smoked weed but she only did it after I had gone to bed...except that one time at a Moody Blues concert, I saw that time!

I quit smoking when i got married at 24 and just started again recently. I, like the generation before me, only smoke when kids are sleeping or away. Although I do love being slightly high and hanging out with the family. It makes me fall in love with their individual personalities all over again.

I really wish I smoked the entire time raising my kids because I'm a much calmer mom and wife when I can use pot to unwind. In a weird way it actually helps me focus on what really matters.

/endbabbling

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

5. I can relate to this. I’m a high strung, opinionated, semi confrontational person. Okay, I’m Italian. I don’t take crap from people and with that demeanor, I tend to overreact. Needless to say this leads to having to apologize for jumping to conclusions and taking things the wrong way. I’m making myself sound worse than I am, but you get the point. However, cannabis turns me into the person I want to be. More relaxed, understanding and compassionate. I too, find myself more interested in people and their thoughts and opinions. I appreciate more and just in general love life more. I don’t even consider my usage recreational, it just makes me, well, a better me...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. "Therapeutic" covers a lot of ground...I've never seen a stoned person start a fight.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I too am opinionated and combative by nature...but cannabis seems to take away my combat mode. It helps me tap into my introspective side and look at things in a calmer, less personal way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 52 here been blazing on and off since 14.

9. You have no idea how many times I've said this same thing. I believe our lives would have turned out more positive. I don't smoke around any kids, or teens,...I think they suspect I smoke but haven't caught me yet. But I'll be honest, when it's a Friday or Saturday night, I will smoke outside then we just have the nicest evening, staying up late, playing games with the grandkids (video, board, and card games) and it really helps me to forget about the 900 other things I need to get done and I can just be in the moment, in the now. Best times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. 39 here in NJ. 40 in a two & a half months. Yes I’m counting down like dooms day. Avid smoker for 27 years now. 4-5 j’s per day keeps the dr away. Medical & Rec user...morning until night. Why not I ask? Not like you get really high when smoking this long. It’s just a better state of being. I too am like the gentleman above very high strung, opinionated & Italian. Evens out my keel & allows me to focus on work, family & relaxation.

Nice to meet the rest of you old farts!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  11. 54 here on the Eastern Shore of MD. I Just got a medical card and getting back in the saddle again. Trying some Indica this week. Really liking these little pens.........Quick and easy.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1