Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

40 for a bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KushSmokaa, Mar 5, 2011.

1. so my last bowl cost me 12 and it was about 3 inches long and decently thick. but i think the girl i bought it from hooked me up cuz thats cheap imo.

but now this kid said hes selling his bowl for 40. i smoked out of it and its literally the thickest bowl ive ever touched. it was pretty heavy too, like i could probably drop it on the sidewalk from a few feet and it would probably just scratch.

but then my friend, whos usually pretty ignorant, thinks everything he says about weed is correct and isnt willing to take advice from people, anyway. he said that bowls should only cost like 10.

so i could probably talk the kid into giving it to me for 30 - 35, good deal? and should i just tell my friend to shut the fuck up cuz he thinks that a good bong should cost like 30, and when i tell him that a decent no name bong will be like 100 he refuses to listen to that lol.

2. It could cost that much..Sounds like its Triple Blown so definitely not $10 lol.
    and remember that its a used bowl which takes away some of the value.
    I'd pay 20-30

I bought a brand new Triple Blown (nicest bowl I ever owned) from a head shop for 35

3. 20-25 is reasonable. But yeah, tell him to stfu and let you do your thing. If its not worth 30-35 you learn from your mistake and move on.:rolleyes:

4. glass can get really expensive. if you can, try to find a bowl like it online and compare prices.

5. We won't be able to help unless you at least show us a pic. Some pipes can cost over $100, it all depends. My first piece I ever owned was a bubbler that cost $90(got it for 82, with tax) and was worth every penny. It was extremely thick, and was custom blown by the #1 glass blower in the state that year. I wish I still had it :(

6. ya im gonna try and be like how about 30$ cuz its used and if he says no then ill be like ok i dont want it then cuz id pay 40 for this brand new no doubt but at most 35 used. it actually wasnt even like dirty.

and idk how to say this without getting laughs but i couldnt even like put my mouth around it without looking like i was sucking a dick lol like i wasnt expecting it to be that thick, but it was really nice....i know someones gonna make a sexual joke about that :D

7. chances are if "some kid" is selling their bowl they are asking either more or exactly what they paid for it.
    bowls are usually 10-20 for a shit one. 20-30 for a decent to nice one. 30+ for a real nice piece of glass.
    i dont really understand how gc has such steep prices for regular spoons

8. "Size: 3.5" "

47 for that? Yeah. The GC shop is the worst online shop I've ever come across. I don't care how thick it is, if it's like that pipe don't pay more than 10 for it or you're getting ripped off.

9. honestly i agree the GC shop does kind of suck. but i love the forums

and the bowl isnt exactly like that, but that bowl just looked the thickest outta the bowls on the site.

so basically a 3.5 inch bowl, super beefy, super thick glass. for 30 - 35$?? worth it?

10. For that price I'd Just go to a local headshop and buy one brand new. Or get off off that etsy site or 30-35 could get you a nice thick 6inch spoon. w/e

11. I currently have a $125 bowl, I got it half off for $75. It's really thick, triple blown or whatever (the pattern is inside the glass) and it's just the coolest looking thing ever. Probably took days to make. I've seen bowls that were super crazy looking being sold at head shops for more than $200

12. Triple blown is not a real anything... it is a made up term that means nothing. $10 will buy you a chinese crack pipe... but nothing American made. $40 for an american made pipe is very common.

When I clicked this thread I thought you were being charged $40 for enough weed to fill a bowl and I was thinking that bowl better hold a lot!

13. ok interesting, yea mine was hand blown by a local glass blower, I guess I don't know the technique used

14. I can get that pipe for five dollars right now. No joke kid at my school has the exact same pipe different color. He bought it for ten. Said i could get it for five. Go to a headshop and buy one new for cheaper. That pipe isn'tthat great.

15. Oh, I thought you meant like a bong bowl haha. I think you should just go to a headshop and get a cheaper one. How many times do you actually break a pipe?

16. The term triple blown is hugely popular in the production industry but you'll notice its never used by the glassblowers themselves. That's because its not a real technique but a term probably invented by headshop workers which sometimes indicates that a thicker wall raw glass was used. They should just tell you the glass thickness... but that would take all the fun out of it I suppose. :laughing:

In all seriousness, it just allows them to charge people more if they don't realize they're being had. Sometimes people use it to describe "inside out" glass... which is a real technique albeit an easy one.

17. The last glass bowl I bought cost me $5... I'd never pay $40 for one.

18. Then you don't mind smoking a bowl made by a young factory worker in China with no skill and very little concern for safety. Poorly annealed Chinese glass is more subject to break and has the potential of shattering from the heat of a lighter flame. It is of low value, thus the low ($5) cost. Paying $40 for a pipe like that would be insane. Paying $40 for an American made pipe that is properly annealed and produced from high quality glass is well worth it. I would never pay $5 for a glass pipe. ;)

19. If its used ask for it for 20$ no more, and dude with 40$ you can get a new sturdy one from a head shop or online