4 lady 600/900W LED 3x3 scrog grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by watsonj89, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Yoooo. I figured with legalization in Canada right around the corner(Oct 17) that i would get a head start on getting some bud growing. Iv got the soon to be limit of 4 plants (2x ak48 & 2x blue dream, both are feminized) that were germinated via the paper towel method and then placed in 70/30 mix of coco and perlite on Aug 25. Today marks day 8 since they popped and is day 1 of nutes. Keeping it simple for now with 1/4 strength calmag and sensizym

For nutes im rocking the GH performance pack + AN sensizym + AN calmag.

My lighting is a 600w Meizhi. I also have a 300w Meizhi that I will be adding around week 4. For a total of 900w for late veg and flower.

As of now my plan is to top the 4th or 5th node and scrog from there. With 4 plants it should fill up a 3x3screen pretty quick. After this first grow I'm gonna rotate 2 in veg and 2 in flower. For my first grow I wanted as much bud as I could get with a short veg time as I'm not patient enough to give it an extra month for 2 plants to fill the screen

This is my second grow so I'm not a total newbie. But if anyone one has any tips or just likes what I'm doing I would love to hear some feedback.

Happy growing fuckers! 20180902_163706.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Today marks day 11 since the ladies popped. The 3rd set of leaves have pretty much arrived and should be established by tomorrow. the 4th is just starting to poke out so I figured today was a good day to transplant into their final pots. They are 5 gal buckets with the top 4 inches cut off and a bunch of holes drilled in the bottoms. I'm guessing they are about 4 gal now.

I also started using a few more nutes at 1/4 strength. The flora trio, florablend, rapid start, armour si, sensical, and sensizym.
    Around day 21 I will probably bump the nutes up to 1/2 strength. 20180905_142546.jpg 20180905_142641.jpg

3. Subbed.
    I'm just about to get my room ready. Oct 17 isn't too far away.. but it definitely sounds like a good idea to start early. Your ladies are looking good!

4. Pots are too big to take full advantage of the hydro benefits of coco. I usually grow in one gallon pots up to 3 gallons for a 2 month veg. It’s the multifeeds that provide the excellerated growth once your pots fill with roots, they will explode, with fresh nutes and oxygen 2-3 times a day

Here’s a link to my journal to see more

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

5. Thanks man! You should get on it soon. It's only 6 weeks away

6. Ill forsure give your journal a read. I had read that 3 gal was an optimal size for Coco. But I opted to go for a bit bigger of a size because I don't have the time to tend to the girls a couple of times a day. I'm hoping that 1 watering /day should get me through most of the grow cycle. I assume towards late flower I'll have to start watering twice a day to quench their thirst.

7. Look at the growth achieved here. Small pots fed at about 400 ppm 1-2 times a day.

April 19

481A4728-1DCC-4056-8CE2-8D30784D3940.jpeg

April 24

456F0AFB-9862-4E02-890C-2D85BBC46643.jpeg

April 29

DE68C3A4-1709-43BF-A337-DC831126792B.jpeg

May 2

B043F790-09D4-4BD5-81CD-58D0EDD36772.jpeg

May 4

5955F794-AB4D-42A9-9D42-AF2C5EEA40E8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day 17 - Today is day 13 since popping, and 2 days since transplant. The 3rd set of leaves is established and looking good so its safe to say the transplant went well. The growth today alone was observable and i think i have officially entered veg. so I think I will be stepping up the nutes pretty quick here.

I'm guessing around mid next week will be time to top. I'm thinking I will top the 5th node, unless someone convinces me otherwise. 20180907_202029.jpg 20180907_202036.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Day 20 - these things are really starting to explode. They have quadrupled in size in the last 5 days. The fourth set of leaves is partially out so I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day these girls get topped.

3/4 plants looks really healthy. But I THINK one is starting to show some signs of nutrient deficiency. The 3rd set of leaves has some small brown spots so im thinking calcium deficiency. And the new growth has some weird purple on them so I'm suspecting phosphorus deficiency.

Since excessive phosphorus can lock out calcium, and the plant shows signs of phosphorus deficiency AND calcium deficiency, I'm led to believe that nothing is being locked out and this is from using to weak of nutes. What do you guys think? Use stronger nutes, or flush and try something else?

Been using GH line with AN sensi cal adjusted ph to 6.0 even so its within calciums range.

Iv included photos below. It's really hard to see the purple in the pictures, but believe me, it's there. 20180910_120311.jpg 20180910_120208.jpg 20180910_120228.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Day 23 - the girls have recovered nicely from getting topped. The undergrowth has been coming fast.

I got the screen for the scrog built last night. 40$ at the hardware store and this thing is bomb proof. It's 8 inches above the coco. I realize this is a bit small of a space to have to work in. Especially with getting to the back plants. But for future grows I will only have 2 plants side by side. So I built it with that in mind.
    This thing should fill up super fast with 4 plants! 20180913_115921.jpg 20180913_115939.jpg 20180913_120005.jpg 20180913_120015.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Day 29 - the girls are looking pretty good! They are filling out nicely and have just started to touch the screen.

I suspect I have been feeding to strong of nutes, I started to notice some of the big fan leave get really dark with a few burnt/curled tips. Especially on the back right plant.
    So I finally got around to getting a tds meter and the run off was 1200 ppm !! Whoops!
    No worry, I flushed each plant with 3 gallons of water. Got the runoff down to 500 ppm. Gonna let them chill today to balance out a bit and then start back with the nutes at a weaker strength tomorrow. I was using 1/2 the recommended amount. Gonna go down to 1/4, or 600 ppm. Whichever comes first.

I also got the extra 300w led in there now for a total of 900w. They are 18 inches above the canopy with the temp probe in the middle of the scrog screen reading an average of 23°C (73°F) 20180919_084148.jpg 20180919_084200.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. That’s a symptom of the large pots, and perhaps not feeding to waste? Not sure if you are or not. They look pretty good, a little small still but if you LST those babies open, they will fill that scrog quickly. Good job checking ph and adjusting. You got this

13. Yup been feed to waste with 20-40% run off. After this grow I'm gonna cut another couple inches off the top of the buckets. Get them closer to the 3gal range.
    I will also top the 3rd or 4th node instead of the 5th. Lesson learned!
    Ive been doing some simple leaf tucking to make sure all new growth is exposed to light.

I think where I went wrong was not flushing the coco before use. I just hydrayed and went with it. Also to strong of nutes to early. Even with the run off it was just to much salt.

everything is Ph to 6.2

• Like Like x 1
  14. Try running a range of ph. That 6.0 is a cutoff line for calcium and phosphorus in hydro, so swing from say 5.8 to 6.2 allows for ideal uptake of each. I ph my res to 5.5 for example and let it rise to 6.2-6.3 before I add a few drops and get it back to 5.5ish. You can add some Drip Clean to your nutes to aid in the salt flushes with regular runoff.
    At least your learning. I experiment all the time. Never stop learning.

I have a comparison grow going on with 100% Perlite hempys with two kinds of hydro nutes I was asked to test against each other, and my supersoil against Geoflora Organic soil amendments.

Should be fun

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lmao, I got a good laugh from that.

Nice grow you have there, Watson. They're looking quite healthy! The shortness may be the strain. I have 1 strain that's a quick starter and remains long legged, another that grows quick until topped and slows down quite a bit and another that likes to stay pretty short no matter the training type.

Nice build on the scrog.

I'm subbed up! I gotta watch you rangle them in that little space. :biggrin: I have a feeling they'll fill it pretty quickly and soon.

Good luck man.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haha thanks man. Ive got 2 strains in there and there is a noticeable size difference between the two.

I think I'm gonna have my work cut out for me trying to manouver these bad boys in that screen. There are 8 mains per plant or 32 total. And thats before all the baby buds that'll come! Yikes! On the other side of the coin, Its gonna be a laser quick veg.
    Its starting to get pretty tight working below the screen, especially on the back plants. This is what i get for not having the patience to veg out 2 plants hahah. It should hopefully get a bit better once the under growth starts to get cleared out.

My next grow should be so much more manageable!

17. And the one after that will be even better, I'm sure. I was in way over my head in my 1st. Had only a few issues with the 2nd and now on 3rd, so far it's all gone really well. I do have a few other things I want to change or do better for number 4 but, I'm about dialed in now. It's a good thing too because my brain was starting to hurt from everything I've learned since January when I started my 1st.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress, trials and tribulations. It's always a fun journey!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Day 33 - Scroging duties have officially begun!

The front left plant is a bit smaller than the rest but should be at the screen in the next day or two.

To say this screen will fill up quick would be an understatement 20180923_113021.jpg 20180923_113209.jpg

19. Day 36 - did the first defoliation today. I removed most of the undergrowth as well as a few troublesome fan leaves up top to open up the canopy.

This should slow the plants down for a few days. But at the rate they are growing id say I'll be flipping to flower in 2 weeks or so. 20180926_122523.jpg 20180926_122557.jpg 20180926_122513.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1