4 day old plant need help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by snowboardxbum, Apr 25, 2008.

1. hey, im new, but i just started growing it and its in the vegetative stage and its 4 days old, the leaves are growing, but the stem seems like its really weak, i have to hold it up against a tooth pick. im sure the stem will grow longer and stronger, but how long will it take?

and one more thing, i have 2 fertilizers, 10-52-10 and 24-8-16, both miracle grow, what should i use, and when?

pic of plant so far:http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/snowboardxbum/?action=view&current=DSC00438.jpg

2. Hey,
    What type of light are you using? How far away?
    Stretching and thinness of the stem are often due to inadaquate lighting, and or no wind/fan.
    Fans promote strong root and stem growth.
    I am not a fan of miracle grow products, but if you were stuck with those two, you would use the 24-8-16 during veg, and the other during flowering.
    The veg nute you wont want to use until about 1 month in, and you want to start at 1/5 strength. "24" seems high however, if you want to change, try to find something closer to 20 or below.
    How often are you watering and how much?
    What type of soil is that? Cut out the edge of the container around the plant just above the soil so that wind/fan can reach it.

Good luck.

3. dude thanks lots, its not my light im using, it has to be that i dont give it enough air, im going to go get a fan tonight probably, and i will cut it so the air can reach it.

4. what type of soil? what type of light bulb?...how does it not stand up?...its barely outta the soil lol...ya, miracle grow is scary stuff...i stay away from it, especially the soil