4 by 4 tent 1000 watt

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 420B42, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Hello all. I'm in the process of designing a tent grow for an apartment I'm going to be moving in to. It's a 2 bedroom apartment and I will be there all by myself. I figured I could set up a little area for some "ladies" in the spare bedroom. I am a medical patient so as long as i get a locking door for the bedroom I will be covered under the state law. However would still like to keep it on the DL cuz I'm not sure how the apartment management would like the fact of me growing.

So far this is what I've worked out. Let me know what you think. I was having some worries about a quiet fan for the room but I think i worked it out. I was originally going to go all 6" ducting and everything but i recently came across an idea I think will be quieter.

I plan on having the air flow as follows. I figured this would be better since I don't have to worry about weight of filter fan and everything in the tent. Hood > ducting > fan directly connected to push thru a fresh carbon scrubber. The fan and carbon scrubber will be outside the tent sitting on the floor most likely or perhaps suspended by the closet hanger by bungee cords if vibrations become an issue. However the closet doors will remain open.

If you have any suggestions or substitutions let me know.

I'm going to go with a 54"x54"x84" sun hut tent.

I already ordered a Solis Tek Matrix 1000w digital ballast.   http://growershouse.com/solis-tek-matrix-lcd-1000w-dimmable-remote-sold-separately

I think i narrowed it down to a 8" Blockbuster Hood. Was debating the Magnum XXXL but i think the Blockbuster will be better if I do a scrog netting at 4x4.

Along with a Phresh filter 8" by 24"

and I am gonna go with this fan I think. Soler and Palau TD-200S. It's an 8".
    http://www.hvacquick.com/products/residential/AirFlow-Boosting/Inline-Air-Booster-Fans/S-P-TD-SILENT-Series-Inline-Fans
    A bit pricey but I've read it's alot quieter than a standard vortex fan.  It's rated at 530 or 409 CFM based on if it's high or low setting. The 6" was a bit low on CFM (333/239) I'm thinking if it is getting pushed thru a carbon filter I should up to the bigger and just put on low setting if anything.

I'll prolly go with 1000W Hortilux bulbs for the hood.

Planning on doing all organic soil grow with soil,water, occasional ACT tea only. Soil is already "marinating" haha.

As well as doing a scrog style. Debating doing 2-4 plants in 14 gallon Rubbermaid tubs made into sip buckets. I'm hoping to pull maybe 4-6 oz of each plant if i do around 3 plants scrog style. Let me know what you guys and gals think. It's much appreciated. Will defiantly start a journal once I get everything started up and going.

Peace, Thanks again for the input.

2. Sounds good but for the fan you could get a cheap one with a duct muffler and a speed controller for the sound..i have a 6" with a muffler and its pretty quiet can hear anything over the ac

3. #3 420B42, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013

Thanks for the input. I'm looking into other fan, I read up some more and there is some questionable thoughts about how the fan I originally picked out would perform when pushing air threw a filter.

I'm trying to choose between a vortex 6" and a hurricane 6". Leaning twords the hurricane. Does anyone have any experience with the hurricane and about how much noise they produce. I would get a fan speed controller.

If my calculations are correct I would need about 425.25 cfm to exaust all the air thru the tent 3 times a minute. If i turn down the fan some to reduce noise do you guys think this would be an issue with heat build up. should I up it to a 8" hurricane to be on the safe side or should a 6" setup be plenty?  The hurricane 6" is rated at 435 CFM and the phresh filter is rated at 550 CFM. is it a good idea to oversize the filter over the fan or do you want to under power it. The smaller size is rated at 400 CFM.

It will be in it's own bedroom but that room is next to the living room on one side and my bedroom on the other. Will it be very noticeable or not that bad?

Thanks for the input. This topic of fans is rattling my brain a bit (troy from community quote if you didn't catch that) :)