4 bucket DWC indoor tent grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by LED1sttime, Sep 11, 2019.

1. #1 LED1sttime, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    I'm going to be starting my 4 bucket DWC grow this weekend, I'll be updating throughout the whole process from germination to harvest. I've completed three organic soil grows indoors, using fox farms happy frog and down to earth amendments with compost teas, and I have had great success.This is my first go at hydro so I will most likely mess up some.
    My nutrients for this grow are as follows:

Silica Blast
    Cal/Mag Plus
    GH Flora Trio
    Hydroguard
    Rapid Start

The 4 plants are going to be under 480w of QB, 240w being lm301h diodes at 3000k and the other 240w being lm301b diodes at 3000k

The seeds are 2 Easy Money Garcia Autos from Nukeheads and 2 Russian Roulette Kush Autos from Nukeheads, after this grow I will start growing with clones from photos rather than autos.

I will update this weekend once I start germinating and get the beans in rock wool cubes. I'm excited to see what DWC will do!

2. With Hydro guard, I don't think you need the Great White.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oh is this recirculating?
    If not be prepared to work your ass off changing buckets and water.

4. It's not recirculating, I still have a couple weeks until I start, so I will most likely pick up a 30gal tote and make a res and install all the fittings and pipe myself. I'd just need a pump, tote, fittings and pipe, yeah?

5. Pick great white, or hydro guard. I don't think you need both? If someone more experienced with DWC can put insight into this.

I run DWC as well and only use hydro-guard in combo with vegan organics from mega-crop.

^^ is not kidding. If your not ready to pick up 15L buckets of water + weight of roots and plants and such go with RDWC. Thankfully i'm healthy and have no trouble lugging my pails of water around but it is for sure a pain in the ass :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Res + water pump + fittings + pipe or tube

Drill your buckets, add fittings with seal (make sure it's well sealed) pop your pipe or tube in and your golden.

7. For sure, I just cancelled my great white order, already have the hydroguard and everything else on hand, so I'll go with that.

Yeah, I could probably do it without RDWC, but I might as well put in a little bit extra and make it easier on myself.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Somebody was annoyed I wasn't doing RDWC in my family and dropped off the fittings and supplies to tap my buckets, but they can sod right off if they think i'm going to tap my buckets lol. Not happening. I'll just carry them to the bathroom, it gives me something to do :p

9. Hydro-Guard is like holy water for DWC

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Haha, so I've heard, I can't wait to start... I'm about to run to town and grab what I need, what GPH pump would y'all recommend and will a 27gal tote be fine for my res?

11. I will give u one head start your going to need some sort of chiller for your water other wise your chances of root rot go way up. I know they say hydrogaurd helps with that personal I would use both chiller and hydrogaurd imo. Good luck

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Also there's a product from the same line of Botanic-care or whatever they're called.

It's called Clearex and used for flushing and works just as good as hydro-guard at it's intended purpose. Very much suggested but by no means necessary. Just another very handy product to have on hand.

13. I've got some flora kleen, is that basically the same thing? Just a different brand?

14. Do you think rotating frozen 2 liter bottles would do well enough to prevent rot?

15. When I wasn't monitoring my temperatures as much as they are now (Automated), the tent seen temperatures high as 28C / 82.4. During this time one of the weaker plants fell victim to root rot, thankfully the environment was also ideal to create life called "Springtails" which ate litterly all the root rot. That plant after the spring-tails died exploded and became the beautiful plant it is now.

16. @LED1sttime - Yeah it's the same thing under a different brand name. Your golden.

17. Yep that was the exact thing I was doing wrong. Change out resiviors every two weeks in veg and every week flower to avoid salt build ups. Also constant pH ing is a fucking pain.

With proper soil no need for pHing because the soil will naturally buffer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’ve heard people trying that but lot of faith to waste so much hard work and cash to waste. Find an old dehumidifier used that works still and YouTube a diy water chiller if you don’t have cash to buy one right away

19. I don't use a chiller personally and wont. I just took control of my environment and monitor my water temperatures and it became a no-thought non issue.

20. Also I use a fish tank hose u connect to the kitchen/ laundry sink turn taps both on and sucks ur buckets out close the valve fill buckets back up or use a wet dry shop vac instead of packing buckets