4 Babies

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HYDROCAKE, Apr 8, 2004.

1. You shoudl tie your plants down, pull the stem and tie it so it points north and exposes the lower growth to more light.

2. How long should i leave it bent over(1week 1month)?

I've read alittle about that, like not to break it and what not.
    Guess i'll go do somemore reading:)

3. Ok i went out today and tied the 3 larger ones down.

The heavy tornado weather last night only made them stronger and they've grown really well even since 2 days ago when i took the last pics.

The pretty one in that last pic was really top heavy, theres so much veg up top, its going to be a beautiful thing:)

The dust is all washed off and they look great, no signs of insects or ANY damage whatsoever.

I'll check back on them in 2 or 3 days to see how they're filling out.

This is beginning to be fun thanks to all the help here in the city.

I thought about adding some more strings to tie the branches back but
    1. i want to see what happens like they are for a few days.

2. the branches are abit small so far which brings me to 3.

3. the weather is expected to be the same every night for the next 4 days(so they say, its nice out now, but wait till night fall)it was pretty bad last night, a chimney across the street came off and flew a good 20-30ft, gutters came off, roofing, fences came down etc etc. But my ladies made it through.
    I tied them good but not tight just incase the wind gets extreme like that again.

I'll have more pics in a couple days.

Till later
    Smoke On!!!

Oya, thanks for helping me along grower and thanks for your link it helped lots!!!

4. i have these two baby plants that wont seem to grow i've had them for about a month does any one have any advice?

5. Do you have any pictures of them?

Do you water them too much? or not enough? Do you soak the whole pot or ground when you do water them and not just spot watering? Stick you finger about an inch down in the soil, if its dry you should water.

Are you using fertilizer? (Dont use miracle grow, it tastes bad)

How much sun do they get a day?

I live in dallas and the weather shouldnt be a problem, houston is very humid and im sure very rainy about this time of year as it is here too! (but not too hot yet)

Are they in the ground, a pot?
    If they are in the ground what kind of soil is it, clay, sandy etc? What are they planted next to if they are in the ground?
    How close are they planted together?
    How tall are they?
    If you havent already look at the beginning of this thread.
    I kept pretty good track of the dates from when they sprouted, so try and compare the size of mine at one month to the size of yours.(not from when you planted them, but when they sprouted)

PM me and i'll help out as much as possible, im no pro but ive learned alot since coming here and reading around and getting help from others.

Laterz

(more pics coming soon folks, the plants are looking great since being tied. Its been raining ALOT lately this last week but they will need it and did need it. 2feet and growing strong:), they're smelly now too, skunky:))

6. there in pots and no i dont have any pics sadly the pots are in a 20 gallon aqureum with the bottem filled with water so the soil stays moist all day every day i put them in direct sun light for 3 hours daliy and there about to get there five leaves but they've been like that for a month i live about 20 min from houston

7. Say man, before someone curses at you:)
    A number one rule of herb is, do not over water.
    They dont need or even like to have wet feet. Fix this problem asoonaspossible.
    After you repot them or atleast clean that water out of the tank and resoil the aqaurium, they only need to be watered maybe once a week.
    Like i said, to determine when they need watering stick your finger an inch or two in the soil, if its dry then water it real good, dont drown them but water the WHOLE pot/aquarium.
    After a while you'll need to repot them anyways so you might as well start fresh now, you dont want the roots to get tangled together thats not good. Small Pots are very cheap, plastic!
    Many a ppl have said, this herb IS a weed! The dry soil will not kill it, its not basil. I've also read that it will help the roots to grow deeper in search of water, true or not dont worry about them not having enough water, really.

And, they are definately not getting enough sun!!!!!!!
    Give them as much sun as possible at this point, especially before it gets too hot as it does later in the summer here in texas.

Also, do some reading around the forum, hit the search button, you will learn lots of stuff you wouldnt imagine you could do with a plant.
    I didnt know chit when i started this thread, now i'm at least confident on how not to kill a plant.
    Look at some of the grow journals and here is a very helpful link, these ppl know what they're doing.
    http://www.overgrow.com/faq/search.php?query=water&searchwhat=faq
    Just type in what your looking for and happy reading:)
    Trust me you'll be glad you did, especially when you start learning how to make your plant produce more buds:)

8. Yea thats a bad idea, you want the pots to cycle wet-dry so they suck up nutrients and water then suck in o2 in the roots so they can process everything.

9. hay man thanks for the advice i'll repot the plants today and put them where they can get some more sunlight

10. You only need nitrogen for veg, but manure is a good ballanced fertalizer. mix it in about 4:1 (soil:manure) with poting soil or even better coco coir (reptile bedding bricks at petlstores) and pearlite.

11. Lookin good, HYDRO. Glad to hear they made it through all the flooding we've had. Here's a pic of one I have in a pot, good thing too, or I would've lost it. The pot was practically floating in the hole it was set into. She's about 3.5ft tall in the pic and the fan leaves are the size of my face. The pic was taken on 6/21, the day I had to wade through the mud to rescue her.

12. Forgot the pic.

Attached Files:

13. Yep, those look just like mine. Nice!!!
    I need to learn how to take better pictures

Looking forward to checking on them tomorrow. (First time it hasnt rained for 3 days in a while!)

Havent been in a couple weeks because of the heavy rain. It will doém good as long as a tornado doesnt hitm. The wind has been up to 80 miles an hour over here and not a scratch:) I'll be back with some pics later...

14. Bend them over so the lower growth comes out, tie a thick string 2 nodes down where the stems about 1/4" thick and point the plant north so the lower growt is exposed to the sun. Thats what i do. Also some manure manure to feed them oud be great, juct bring out a bag in a bakcpack and make a 1-2" pile around the base of the plants, every time it rains or you water the water passes through the manure picking up nutes and brining them down to the roots.

15. Hey grower, when you use manure, have you had any problems with more bugs or anything else messing with the plant?

Well here are the three largest ones once again, didnt feel the urge to take pics of the other 3 small ones.

I tied them all as you can see.

The first two did not shoot out like the third but.....

Here's one:

Attached Files:

16. I untied these first two.

The spot i have them in, they dont get enough sunlight, for being low to the ground from the tie because of surrounding trees.
    As you can see the sun is shining on them now because i untied them. But they've been missing half a days sunlight. So i'm going to leave them and see what happens.
    This next one appeared to be flowering in the top(tell me im wrong)i couldnt get a good enough pic to show. There were little white hairs coming out of the main.

Is this too early to see signs?

Attached Files:

17. Here's the monster.
    I love this one, so i took more pics of it.
    Thanks to the tie, it is bushing out very nicely.

18. here she is...

Attached Files:

19. another

Attached Files: