Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

4.5g kief nug + 200-year old fudge recipe = success?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by narchitect, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I have a chocolate fudge recipe that has been in my family since Odessa, Russia, 200 years ago. I also have a 4.5g nug of straight-up kief. There comes a point in the recipe where the hot cocoa, milk, and sugar mixture is removed from the fire and the butter is added. You then wait until the butter lumps have melted and the pot is cooler on the bottom before whipping everything together and letting it set when it reaches a certain consistency. If I just add the kief nug along with the butter and continue as usual, will the heat/butter conditions make for possible BudFudge? If not, how can I utilize the fact that I have pure kief instead of green weed to cook with? Here's a picture of the kief nug:

[​IMG]

Thanks, and get back to me :) happy toking

2. itd work but it wouldnt be potent at all your better off just making cannbutter first with the kief then use cannabutter instead of regular butter in the recipe

3. I agree, itd be a waste to put it in the butter without simmering.

4. Thanks. I was debating whether to make cannabutter or not. I don't have much experience actually inventing bud recipes, but I'm a fairly decent cook and baker so I can follow directions well. I'll tell you guys the quantities of ingredients needed and you can tell me if 4.5g of pure kief is too much or too little, cuz I have more kief and hella dank so just let me know :)

3 cups sugar
    2/3 cup cocoa powder
    1 1/2 cups milk

The mixture is dehydrated in a pot for a while so there is much less and it's far more viscous by the time the butter is introduced. This kief is ridiculously dank too.

5. that is just enough kief i could give you a more precise answer if you tell me how much butter you put into the mix

6. @KuSH 707 that's the only part of the recipe I don't measure precisely. I'd have to say that I cut two separate tablespoons from the stick - the butter isn't melted before adding because it serves as a good meter of how ready the fudge is to whip.

7. You have to make the cannabutter with the kief throw in back into the freezer for bout an hour then it should be set Also when making cannabutter throw a half cup of water You will thank me after you see the color of the water after you take it out the freezer

8. Regardless of what you do, make sure you break up the nug so it mixes and becomes completely mixed in.

9. yea man make some cannabutter with it, then ur choclate. it should be bomb as fuck. weed choclates are one of my favorites, and urs should be nice and potent with that dank kief ball!

10. Would you mine sharing the recipe. As I know old school one rock the best.

11. This reply has very little to do with your question but please for the love of god smoke that kief!!!! dont waste it in brownies:(

12. i think cannabutter then the chocolate would work the best. do you mind sharing the fudge recipe? that'd be totally bomb if you could

13. 4.5 grams of kief :eek:
    correct me if i'm wrong but that's near a fatal dose of ganja.

14. it may just be me but id smoke the majority of that keif. roll like 2 bs out of it

15. ...

For the love of God, please tell me you're being sarcastic.

16. cooking with bud is straight forward man, make your butter and use it for any other recipe that has butter in it.

17. I've had some Odessa fudge, and it was a religious experience! Add kief and I think you may have found the holy grail. I really hope this works out!

18. op would you mind sharing the Odessa fudge recipe please??:)
    and how to prepare. i would love to make some

19. there ya go