4 1/2 weeks and 4 inces tall?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by poke sot, Oct 1, 2009.

1. #1 poke sot, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
    i have never really seen a plant grow like this before, its 4 inches tall with well established under growth and has a diameter of exactly 10 inches. this plant does not smell yet and since it has sprouted, every node and all leaves are perfectly symmetrical and always sticking straight out. Are these signs of a strong female? and how can i continue to allow the plant to grow as wide as possible instead of high? (right click picture, open link in new window)

Attached Files:

• 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      162.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Hi..

Not sure about it being a sign of a strong female, but I have found placing a cinder block on my plants keeps them short.. :eek: just kidding...

You could consider doing some LST'ing (or some other form of training) on it to keep the size down. I do it with my moms to keep them from getting out of control. There is a great stickie about LST located here

Good Luck

3. Just what boo said!

Slow growth is a distinct sign of Female gene, though a lot of a factors add to that as well. I'm not sure if your in flower but when you do flip the switch 2 12/12 ! She's going to get real tall for ya!

4. I'm sorry, that's not 'slow growth'. Something is definitely wrong here. And the possibilities for what it could be is endless.

I have a 16 day old plant that is nearing 3 1/2 inches. I think the issue could be heat, lights too close/too far, roots filling up the entire pot, etc.

5. right now im on 16/8, i plan on switching to 12/12 in a few days when of which i will also begin to use snowstorm ultra potassium nutrient. i thought that when i turned to 12/12 the plant would just fill out and not grow to much higher.

6. true, But if you look at the picture, Plant leaves have no signs of necrosis or overfeeding.... just a nice lush green. Just the size of the leafs show no sign of stunt growth or burn. So 'external' factors don't seem to be the reason for its size but just the pheno of the plant, the marvel of nature!

7. Oh... It'll deff grow some more, look into LSTing if space is an issue. General consensus says that it could double or triple in size when in flower, but of course... its all about the pheno

8. No there's an explosion of vertical growth during the flowering stage. It can double if not triple in height.

What size pot do you have it in?

9. thanks for being so helpful, the pot size is a square 9x9 and just under a foot tall

10. looks like it could be sativa dominant. Your looking at a few months of vegetation right there, and an additional few months for flowering, but the wait is SO worth it. And yes, there will be an explosion of growth when more leaves appear collecting more light, it will be on a feeding frenzy so be prepared XD

11. my best guess; its a strain defect/mutation/characteristic. maybe the nutes ur using? i have to agree though, LST is the arguably the best training for the bud and maximizing growth in a small area. u may wanna look into it, maybe not