3X3 Light And Ventilation Questions? All Input Is Welcome

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DreamState, Jun 7, 2013.

1. hallo,

I'm in tha process of making my grow list before i build my stealth grow cabinet [3X3] in a few months from now. i want to make sure i get everything right and done the right way. I will be growing with soil in a 3 gallon container.

I wanted to grab the solarflare 200 full cycle, an run it through out the whole grow cycle. or should i go with 2 smaller light for better coverage ? I'm planning on growing 2-3 plant max. I was thinking of starting with 3 differences Autoflowering Dwarf strains as they stay short. Then move to Feminized seeds / clones and low stress train them.. to maximize space an light and to keep them all even.

Down the road when i have more funds, I'm planning on adding 1 or 2 kessil H150 MAGENTA or one magenta and one purple to help with more coverage as supplementary lights.. or should i go with a different supplementary lights setup?

my concern is, what type of intake and ventilation fans would i need for my stealth cabinet. I have come up with two different option

-option 1-

i was thinking the hurricane inline 171 CFM 4inch fan for exhausting air out.. but that seems kinda over kill. for the intake fan, i was thinking of using [4]Cougar Turbine CFT12S4 120mm Case Fan for the intake fan.. but I'm not sure if it would be strong enough to draw air in and circulate my cabinet and keep it cool. here are the specs for it

-Focus Air Flow, Optimize Cooling Efficiency, Hyper-spin Bearing, Aero-dynamical Design.

-RPM - 1200 ~ 2400 RPM
    Air - Flow 60.4 ~ 102.6 CFM
    Noise - Level 17 ~ 21 dBA

-option 2-

i was thinking of using the EcoPlus Inline Duct Booster 4 inch 70 CFM for exhausting air. then using the [2] Cougar Vortex PWM CFV12HP 120mm Case Fan for drawing air and and circulating it through out the whole cabinet. here are the spec's for the fan.

\t\t\t\tBearing Type\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHydro Dynamic Bearing\t\t\t\t\t\tAir Flow\t\t\t\t\t\t\t70.5 ~ 119.8 CFM\t\t\t\t\t\tNoise Level\t\t\t\t\t\t\t17 ~ 21 dBA\t\t\t\t\t\tStatic Pressure\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2.2 mm/H2O\t\t 

i have the ac running inside the room at a temperature of 77 degree through-out the day.

these were my major concerns.. all help and input is appreciated as this will be my first grow.

I'm gonna use the Return Air Filter Grilles - LOUVER STYLE for fan lightproof and build my own carbon filter to help with the smells.

for the inside I'm planning on covering the wall with Orca Grow Film reflective material.

pS.. hps/mh is out of the questions as during the day, it average a over 1OO+ degree and then fall back down to mid 8O' during the night. also because i don't want to deal with any of the extra equipment that come's along with setting them up.

thank you for taking the time to look over my log.