3x Gorilla Glue ORGANIC Comparison Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 918AutoGrower, Jul 11, 2018.

1. #1 918AutoGrower, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    [​IMG]

Okay, I'm going to give this another shot. This is a comparison grow with 3x Gorilla Glue autos by Fast Buds from Grower's Choice Seeds.

2 plants will be grown in KindSoil, and 1 plant will be grown in Nature's Living Soil's soil concentrate. Base medium is FoxFarms Coco Loco amended with worm castings and 30% coarse perlite.

Light source #1: T5 HO, 2' 4-lamp
    Light source #2: quantum board LED, 260watt in 3000K
    Grow containers: red solo cups converted to instatransplant pots. After 10 days, they will be placed into 5-gallon square fabric pots.
    Water source: filtered tap water. Using Zero Water pitcher. I keep a cache of 15 individual 1-gallon containers of water that have been filtered to zero ppm. If you don't have an RO unit, this is the next best thing.
    Grow space: 32" x 32" x 63" grow tent
    Temp & humidity control: 4" exhaust fan, 4" x 10" carbon filter. 8,000 BTU Chigo portable air conditioner & dehumidifier.
    Growing techniques: LST, minor defoliation, and maybe SCROG. I haven't decided if I'm going to use my scrog or not. I probably will since I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I built a nice SCROG, but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. Picture of my SCROG is below.

[​IMG]

Germination

Seeds were placed in a glass of pH'd water (6.2.pH) for 12 hours, and then placed in wet paper towel. Seeds popped within 24 hours.

[​IMG]

Planting

And then they were placed in some instatransplant solo cups on Friday. They are under a single-bulb 2 foot T5 HO germination light, and will stay there for a few days until they get some legs. After 10 days, they will be transplanted into their 5-gallon square fabric pots.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. You're gonna get a good yield off these, nice setup

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. You run a cob right? Or is that someone else I'm thinking of

4. I use quantum boards, and I'm building a new one right now using 5x qb96 boards for veg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just an update for today. So far so good.

[​IMG]

And I thought I would take a picture of my instatransplant pots just in case there are some people who don't know what they are. I'm actually thinking of getting a bunch of these made up to sell them on Amazon and eBay. No one is selling these, and with the increase in people growing autos, this seems to be the best way to start autos in smaller containers without having to perform a transplant and stunt the plant(s).

[​IMG]

On a side-note, I picked up this nice T5 lamp from Facebook Marketplace for $50. Looking forward to using it on seedlings and small plants. I just don't like using LED lights on seedlings. Without a light meter, I never know how far away to place the light. Maybe I should get a light meter.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. Your going to scrog autos ? Interesting

7. This is awesome. Can't wait to see the results!

8. I personally believe that you can SCROG autos, but it is strain dependent. Some autos flower for 10-12 weeks, but others can be finished in as little as 50-60 days from seed. Obviously, the autos with shorter life cycles wouldn't do well under a SCROG. Here's how I look at it — it's really not much different than basic LST. Instead of pulling down the limbs to tying them down, you're using something to push them down and keep them down so that the lower nodes can get full exposure to light and stretch to become tops / bud sites.

I LST'd my Purple Bullet Auto (GYO seedbank), and I ended up with a bunch of tops....way more than if I would have just let it grow on its own with no training. I'll post a pic below of her....

I realize the goal with a SCROG is to fill up the entire SCROG and then start flowering, but a SCROG can also serve as a great low stress training tool that can basically does the same thing as tying the branches down in order to create more tops on a plant. I just figure it would be easier to use my SCROG than it would be to use my LST sticks that I make because:
    1. I would have to make about 35 or 40 more LST Sticks and I don't want to do that and
    2. I'll have 4 large (eventually) plants in my 32" x 32" tent and it will be a challenge to get in there and LST all 4 plants if I do it the way I usually do it. So, I'm hoping the SCROG will simplify things when I start training my plants.
    I hope that makes sense. Here's a pic of my Purple Bullet auto.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Looks great! I scrogged my first auto and it is great. Are you not suppose to scrog them?
    Front right is the rqs diesel auto scrogged
    6DC4B9A0-496D-49C3-9172-5B726451ED3A.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  10. I'm excited to see where this goes. Definitely want to give this strain a try (GSC)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. First off, holy buds.
    Scrogging is usually great, but it deff depends on the strain and how long it stays in veg. I always try growing strains naturally without much training on the first run, just to get a feel for how they should be grown properly.

Some strains react really badly to stress, which obviously should be avoided and can ruin a yield and hurt the overall height/growth of it. Some need lots of training to get a half decent yieod lol

My WCOG doesn't even really need any sort of training, she fills her space on her own.

12. You ran coco drain to waste on those? Nice plants man

13. #13 918AutoGrower, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Dude, that auto went full beast mode. That is incredible! I can’t believe that’s an auto. Autos have come such a long way. Can you link to your journal for that grow? I gotta see this!

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ya I reuse coco with lots of perlite. Drain to waste but it often sits in the waste lol!

Went well for my first auto. I just included it in my 4x8 journal. I am bad at doing a real detailed journal lol. I just basically do a weekly photo.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You Grow some really Nice plantsI see you on RIU from time to time on the QB thread. I just updated my QBs to the V2 diodes I was using the S5 bin diodes for about a year and a half. but upgraded to the new QB’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks Robbie! Man I really like the QBs. I like browsing RIU led section for learning. There are some smart people over there but also a lot of assholes lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh your welcome! I do the same on RIU lol but your right some very smart people on there, but yes always a few assholes indeed! I love my QB’s that’s for sure. They also have great customer service in my experiences with them...Just wanted to give you credit where credit is due keep it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. How do you water your seedlings and how often? I'm always curious as to how everyone else does it. Any nutes to start as seedlings?

I use a spray bottle to keep the soil moist. So it's a more frequent, less water sort of deal.

Great looking girls so far btw

19. I do one initial deep watering prior to placing the germinated seed into the soil. After the seeds break the surface 2 days later, I lightly spray the top of the soil a couple times a day just to keep the first couple inches of soil moist. After 10 days, they get put into their finishing containers.

As far as nutrients go, it depends on the type of soil medium you are using. You have to be careful using nutrients with seedlings. If your grow medium has nutrients in it, such as Fox Farms Ocean Forest, or Coco Loco (which is what I’m using), then you should not introduce any nutrients until at least three weeks, and by then, your seedlings should have already been transplanted into a larger container anyway.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 2