3rd indoor grow, Monster cropped clone journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by growNepal, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Hello all,
    I am starting new grow journal. I took some cuttings out of my flowering plants about 15 days ago. They have already rooted and now are in 1 gallon pots. I can see some weird looking leaves starting to show up. I guess this is normal for monster cropping. In the mix I also have 2 normal clones that I received from my friend. I think this would be a nice comparision of clones taken in veg with the clones taken in flower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Topped the two regular clones. Debating if I should top the monster cropped clones or not. Any suggestions?
    Here is a pic
    [​IMG]
    two topped regular clones.

[​IMG]
    MC clones

Attached Files:

3. Don't top the mcs

Sent from my Z982 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. She's under enough stress as it is, plus, that's the point of monstercropping, they blow up enough that you don't have to do any topping and risk other issues. You'll have enough fun training the new growth once it starts vegging again... Some of the ugly leaves will live and some will die... I cut mine off after a few weeks of vegging

Sent from my Z982 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 growNepal, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Thanks for the info. Not going to top the monster clones.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 growNepal, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Lot of new wierd growth. Some plants already have regular leaves coming.
    Also, I am not giving them any nutes at the moment. The reason is I don’t want them to grow fast because my bigger grow box is occupied with 6 flowering plants right now. They are 48 days into flower. I will be moving these babies into their bigger home once I harvest the flowering gals which may be 15-20 days from now. So I have to do some growth control for the time being just plain Ph’d water.
    Here is a link to my current grow. Please check it out and feel free to comment.
    2nd led soil grow. 35 days into flower.

[​IMG]2nd led soil grow. 35 days into flower.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Update
    Day 15 since rooting,

All the clones have started to grow normal leaves. The two regular clones are also doing good. They have good horizontal growth rather than vertical. Lot of side nodes. [​IMG]
    Regular clone on the right

[​IMG]
    Monster clones

[​IMG]
    The other regular clone has some yellowing on the old leaves. But not worried about it because the new growth is nice green and lush.

[​IMG]
    One monster clone that is still re-vegging. This one is wierd looking.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. #8 growNepal, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Day 22 since rooting

All of them have put on some major growth in the last week. Growth wise both monster cropped clones and regular clones are same. I supecropped the regular clones and can see lot of branching. Monster clones have tons of branches without any sort of training. I think I am sold on Monster cropping. We shall see....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Day 27 since rooting

Amazing growth in the last week. Did some supercropping and LST. lots of side branches,
    [​IMG]

zkittlez regular clone showed a bit stunted growth but has recovered since then
    [​IMG]

Monster cropped clone- bagseed
    [​IMG]

Monster cropped clone - bagseed
    [​IMG]

Monster cropped clone- bag seed
    [​IMG]

Monster Cropped clone- bag seed
    [​IMG]

Regular clone- platinum cookies
    [​IMG]

Monster cropped clone- bag seed
    [​IMG]

Monster Cropped Clones- weird one getting normal
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Day 29 since rooting,
    I have a lttle situation here. Plants are growing very rapidly and soon will outgrow the curent small 2X2 veg tent they are in. My bigger grow box will be occupied for another 2 weeks atleast. I haven’t been feeding them any nutes. But they are in my super soil. So even without addition of any nute they are showing tremendous growth. Anybody has any suggestions to slow these babies down. I was thinking doing some serious defoliation to slow them down. What do you guys think about this idea? here is pic I just took right now.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Remover a light or two and just leave 1 on that will slow them a little I had the same problem I was vegging 6 plants under a 250w t5 light and they were growing super quick so I swapped it to a 96w t5 and they have slowed down loads which has helped but they still look as healthy as ever just the rate of growth ain't the same if I was you I would just put 1 light on them for now

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

12. #12 growNepal, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    That’s a very good idea. I will remove 3 and leave 2 in there. Each light only draws 20W.
    Happy growing

13. Day 38 since rooting

All the gals have become huge. They are still in 1 gallon pot due to space restraints. My flower box is still occupied for atleast another two weeks. So I just bought 2X4 tent from walmart @$46 tax included. Once the tent gets here I will be transplanting them to 3 gallon pots and moving them to the new tent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. #14 growNepal, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    I have some room open up in my flower box. Harvested one plant today. I am going to flower one pretty gal in the pot she is in right now. Even though it’s just 1 gallon pot, I want to see how much I can get from 1 gal pot.

She is one of the monster cropped clones.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Day 49 since rooting.

My big tent finally arrived. So moved all my gals to the bigger tent. Super cropped all the tall plants.
    The other clone that I flowered is doing good as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 7 since the flip for this gal
    I can already see small buds developing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Day 53 since rooting
    Plants are doing great. Moved them to 3 gal pot which will be there final destination. Lot of side branches in each plant. Had a mishap with one plant. Light fell on it and the main branch broke. So this one is kind a small.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 11 since the flip for the flowering gal below
    Looks like she is going to have 5 main colas. I am happy with that since she is only in 1 gallon pot.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. I put one more plant in the flowering box yesterday. It’s the regular clone zkittlez. It sure is a snotty little plant. Ton’s of small branches. I wonder how she will flower. The other gal is already at 15 days into flower. Looks like I fed some extra P, leaves are yellowing. Just gonna feed some Ph’d water with little bit of seaweed juice. It’s kind a hard to work around 1 gal pot. I top dressed some bat guano the other day. I might have put a little extra. But the buds are coming along nicely. Hope it doesn’t screw things up.

day 15 for this pretty monster cropped gal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 2 of flower for this regular zkittlez clone
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. #18 growNepal, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Day 58 Since Rooting
    Moved 2 more plants to my main flowering box with my amazing lights. So I have a total of 4 plants in my main flowering box and another 4 in my new tent. It will be a nice comparision between the lights I modified and the burple I recently bought. I guess I will soon find out how good my light really is compared to the others in the market.
    Flowering Box
    [​IMG]

This gal is at day 18 of flower- Messed up with extra bat guano and kelp during topdressing.
    [​IMG]

flowering box
    [​IMG]

New Growtent: Getting flipped tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Day 20 since the flip for this monster cropped clone. She is in 1 gal pot. I happy to see that the frost is here. Ohhoooo!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. Rad, everything looks great dude. Looks like you're using a similar strategy as I am with the seperate veg box and grow tent. It's a real bitch to get the timing correct with the veg box isn't it. I recently just added head space in my veg box for just that reason.