3rd grow with 4 strains

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by johnjohn, Apr 25, 2010.

1. 2x white widow (feminized seed)
    3x bubblegummer (feminized seed)
    1x Cole Train (feminized seed)
    1x SharksBreath (feminized seed)

5 have been transplanted on 4/18 and 2 (cole train and bubblegummer) will be transplanted soon

6 in 3 gallon buckets
    1 in 5 gallon bucket (SharksBreath in 5 Gal pot because it does not get too tall)

Soil: Fox farms Ocean Forest mixed in with 10% of Light Warrior

planning to do a a topping and 4 way LST on each plant plus maybe set up a SCROG

pics coming soon

2. here are some pics of the ladies:

5 of them are a little over 2 weeks...

2 of them are a little over 1 week...

Attached Files:

3. Lookin' good!
    Keep the faith!

:):):):):)

4. thanks man!

5. Congratulations on the new girls. I hope the grow goes well for you. It looks like I might be joining in this great hobby sooner than I expected! Good luck

6. I topped today and maybe even FIMmed some of them

here is the update...

Attached Files:

7. Is that the top that you took?
    Is it in anything?

:confused::confused:

:):)

8. They are growing quickly nice!, I see the wet shirt tactic for increased humidity, sweet. I have a humidifier if you want to borrow

9. unclemick: i cut 5th leaf set(topped) to get 2 new ones and then i am doing a 4 way lst.

niwde: i got a humidifier in there and the shirts, still humidity is low so if u are not using your humidifier, i def want to borrow it

10. Cool, I will get it to you this week for sure.

11. my attic is fucking hot, it is insulated on the ground so house stays nice and cold but the attic is unbearably hot, and my grow room is in the attic....

i was hitting some sickly high temps in my grow room, so I purchased a portable AC, but it's not working ideally and i wonder how to make it colder in the grow room....

the AC is brand new and working real well so I know that I have to either seal the room better, lower/increase exhaust speed, or do something else to get it cooler in there...

I attached some pics, one showing inside the grow room and the other showing outside, the exhausts are clearly working well as the plastic walls get sucked in, the AC is blowing cold air, the exhaust to the AC is not attached to the window but that should not matter since the attic is so damn hot anyways...

what to do to make it colder in the grow room?

12. here are the pics..

Attached Files:

13. #13 niwde, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
    I don't know shit but it sounds to me like your ac is probably trying to cool down the whole attic instead of just your grow room. Maybe you can try sealing it up better, but what the hell do I know.

I just had freshly harvested product tonight from that guy, I talk about..Wow. "Purple trainwreck" hybrid, it was amazing. A focused intense head high, extremely uplifting, euphoric type high, with the chilling but still active body high, it was absolutely perfect. He got 4 oz off 1 plant that was growing for only 11 weeks. I have decided to grow that strain for at least one of them. I still have some to sample, if you wanna holler

14. whats up john looking great so far just hav a few questions for u what kind of lighting are u using? and could u maybe label them or somethin cause im growin cole train to and i think i mixed up the seeds so im not sure which is which so i wanna do some comparing lol

15. #15 johnjohn, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
    nwide: yo, I definitely want to sample that "Purple trainwreck" hybrid, for sure, just let me know! as far as the heat, sealing things up and lowering the exhausts helped a lot. Hot air was being sucked into the grow room because the high speed on exhaust was pulling the hot air from outside throught the holes... it's much better now, i did not seal anything but just lowered the exhausts... but soon, i will seal it up better

4 ounces from 11 weeks sounds like 8 week flower and 3 week veg, to only veg 3 weeks and pull 4 ounces is very nice, must be a strain with a big yield.

soohood: what up dude? I have a 600WATT Metal Halide light, do you need more information, like brand and the enclosing? The cole train is in the 5 gallon white pot, the only different pot, the biggest white pot I have in there so you should be able to always identify it. Plant leaves also look slightly different, but that might be just me..

I attached 2 pics of the plant for you...

Attached Files:

16. tight bro thx for attachin the pics and about the light nah i dont really need more info i was jus wondering what u basically had going on but hey man im jealous i want a 600 mh lol im guessing its also a conversion so u can go to hps for flower?

17. yes, its a HPS ballast for my 600 hps bulb but this one in veg is a MH conversion bulb that works with the hps ballast...

i did a pure CFL grow for my first grow and I had really nice results but when the flower got big I needed to keep adding and adding cfls to the grow and it definitely grew slower and flowered slower. Still, good results.

under the MH in veg I do notice much faster growth than with cfls so I would definitely recommend MH and HPS...

also, I heard great things about T5 for veg

18. if you are not exhausting the hot air from the back of the AC unit, you are doing nothing for cooling. That hot air needs to be vented outside your space or you will just cool the air in the front and heat the air in the rear. very counterproductive. That heat from the AC must be vented outside somehow.

19. yeah, ofcourse... the AC comes with an exhaust pipe that goes a couple feet out and away from my grow room.

the attic gets like way over 100 degrees so as long as i seal up the grow room well and lower speed of my normal exhaust (to keep it from pulling in hot air via the unsealed holes) everything is cool

so now, it's all good.

20. ok, time for a couple updates, first the little 2 girls, they just got topped on 5th set and they are looking sweet:

Attached Files: