$3k Grow Budget - What Next?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grower91, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Hey all! It's been a while since I've posted on GS, I had to take a hiatus from my growing days for one reason or another but I'm back now! And to boot, I'm heading in doors xD.

That being said, I've worked out that I can spend about $3k on my initial set up. I was planning on using three 180W LED UFO's to grow 12 plants, with Low Stress Training. I was wondering if I could get some input on that initial ideas or suggestions on more productive (in terms of yield) grow set ups?

2. focus on keeping humidity down during budstage. below 50%. whatever you do, dont start growing untill you know your room is perfect conditions. this goes for all weather. check the humidity in the morning when there is dew outside. check when it rains. check when its foggy.

3. 2 - 1000W HPS/MH lights. IMO much better. I think pretty much everyone agrees that those will give you the most yield. I don't mess with LED's. If you have $3K there's no reason you can't keep temps and everything in check. That's what I'd do. HPS/MH is the way to go IMO.

4. 3 180W sounds like weak ass. I would go with mix just for different spectrum.
    here is my suggestion:
    2 600W HPS/MH = $350
    2 180W = $600-700
    kick ass carbon filter $150
    fans and other shit >$300

(So any light burnt out wont be a big deal, compared with 2 1000W. And on average, each plant can get up to 130W with full spectrum)

or you can go str8 to 1000W

5. Yea nobody uses LED's. Go with HPS lights and get air cooled hoods. For 3k u can do alot.
    What i would get
    3x600w lights about 1000$.
    3xair cooled reflectors about 300$
    6 inch growbright fan (424 cfm) 100$
    carbon filter(optional)100$
    grow tent and/or mylar and stuff to seal the room. 200$
    ducting 30$
    Humidity/temp reader guage 10$
    ppm meter/ph meter 20-300$
    id probly spend 200-300$ on some veg lights (for breeding mother/clones)
    cloning supplies 30$
    Soil 200$
    nutrients 100$
    dehumidifier (may not be needed if your climate is dry) 250$
    fans 50$
    pots 100$ (get good ones so u can reuse them)
    300$ random crap

This is right around 3k