3D Printing Growing Supplies...

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Loki7, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Hey Blades,

I was surprised I didn't see a thread on 3D printing, so I thought I'd start one...

I've been using a 3D printer for quite a while to print net pots for my micro grows. It's nice to be able to make them just the right size to fit in small tupperware containers. 

I'm re-doing my current micro setup's ventilation and printing inline carbon filters, 3 and 4 way tees for 4" dryer hose. And of course, I'm also printing the guts of a mini keg stealth grow here... http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1335285-monochromatic-flowering-lokis-blue-light-special.html

Anyone else printing stuff? 

-Loki

Attached Files:

2. Just posted in your thread, have access to some printers but I haven't ran across anything I needed yet. Maybe net pots but they are so cheap, maybe I will make a small SIP pot for Bonsai Mothers.

Props on your SketchUp skills. I hate SketchUp, don't know a damn thing about it. I stick with Rhino for all of my modeling needs ;)

Thanks. I like SketchUp but it's lame that the solid tools are only in the pro version. It can be a lot of work to make a complicated object manifold. You end up manually deleting tons of stray lines... but it's free so whatever, right?

-Loki

4. Ah solid tools is a plugin for sketch up? I thought you were talking about solid works, which I know absolutely nothing about. I opened it once and didn't know what to do with it hahah. Yea man no hate on sketchup, one of my friends is super pro at it and his models always look super sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum