360 Players: Horizontal or Vertical?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Zizzy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Today, my friend's vertical 360 got tipped over and ruined her copy of Skyrim. Probably the worst thing that could happen right now, considering how awesome Skyrim is.

Personally, I keep my Xbox horizontal to avoid that. Plus, I think it looks better like that. Which do you guys prefer?

2. Horizontal. Same thing happened to me when I first got my 360. That sucks dude. :(

3. i never understood why people leave it verticle. theres so many downsides, obvious downsides. is there somthnig good about verticle? eitherway one mistake could lead to a big letdown.

4. #4 falcon10911, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    Vertical, horizontal and the disk drive fails to open, resulting in a stoned fool sticking a fucking paperclip into it 100 times.

Horizontally, the belt in the disk drive is more apt to slip and lead to a 'jammed Drive' in which it still works, just will not open. There's an emergency release in which you move the gears manually, but lately its been an emergency every time.

I put skyrim in and haven't taken it out since. By the way I've been through 4 xbox's, all fault of microshit.
    It just pisses me off when I drop some cash on a quality game and can't fucking play it because my drive is trapped in perpetual retardation.

5. Vertical to avoid tipping it and damaging it or games

6. Uhh, you keep it vertical to avoid tipping it?

7. yeah, physics around my town are weird as fuck

8. More square surface area on an opposition surface means less likely to tip, horizontal means it isn't gonna tip.. unless its like balanced on something :confused_2:

9. Horizontal

10. No what actually is happening is that the belt that moves the disc tray gets dusty and starts to loose its grip. You could give it a little hit on the top to get the tray to open. But a long term solution is to coat the belt with some sort of belt dressing.

But anyway a 360 should always be played horizontal. I work at a video game console repair store and we get in plenty of systems that have scratched lasers when people knock the system over. It is even more apt to wiggle a bit from slight vibrations in the area if it were vertical which can damage a disc.

11. I think you are trapped in perpetual retardation.. 4 xboxs? jesus, i was playing BF3 in my ps3 and my roommate (funny b/c he owns an xbox) trips over a usb cord and knocked my ps3 off the speaker landing on a edge, no skip , no damage to disk, game works perfectly fine still. Playstation FTW

12. Always go horizontal for that very reason. Tell her to go rent the game and rip it to her hard drive. She might be able to use her scratched disc to boot up the copy from the HDD after its ripped.

13. vertical because of how my stand is set up.

14. [quote name='"falcon10911"']Vertical, horizontal and the disk drive fails to open, resulting in a stoned fool sticking a fucking paperclip into it 100 times.

Horizontally, the belt in the disk drive is more apt to slip and lead to a 'jammed Drive' in which it still works, just will not open. There's an emergency release in which you move the gears manually, but lately its been an emergency every time.

I put skyrim in and haven't taken it out since. By the way I've been through 4 xbox's, all fault of microshit.
    It just pisses me off when I drop some cash on a quality game and can't fucking play it because my drive is trapped in perpetual retardation.[/quote]

Or u could push eject n if it's jammed lightly tap the top works everytime

15. Any true Xbox'er knows horizontal is the only way to go. Most of use have been touched in some way by the terrible epidemic that is the Xbox scratching the shit out of your game, if not personally, then somebody we know.

16. Pro Tip: If your disk gets laser burned within 20 days of your purchase gamestop will replace your disk for free.

17. I've had my shit get scratched while horizontal even just because something fell and shook the ground =\

18. my original xbox was horizontal. I feel its true xbox fashion, tradition if you will:metal:

19. Only advantage of vertical is

-more heat dissipation, and more airflow due to all vents being uncovered

I personally keep it horizontal for fear of tripping over a cord and my Xbox taking a tumble