35 Gallon Rubbermaid (Question)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JONxDON, Aug 28, 2012.

1. So as of most of you, I'm assuming, I just honestly want to stop buying other peoples weed and would rather just grow my own. I'm 19 living with my mom as for right now until my GF moves out here to get a place with me. So right now I definitely need to keep this grow box ESPIONAGED. Yea fuck the word Stealth. I'm on that Metal Gear Solid status, ha. And I have a 35 gallon rubbermaid case that I want to use. I've been thinking about my set-up before buying anything else and I was thinking about putting a carbon filter on it. 2 fans IN/OUT. Use Mylar and possibly four 100W CFL lamps. I want two plants in there and I plan on super cropping them.

My question is how much yield do you think I could get from this set up and completing the harvest succesfully with cropping and nurturing it?

And do you think a 35 gallon box is two small? It's a 32 x 20 x 19.6 in box.

Also can you super crop AND SCRoG the plants? Or can you onnly use one method?

I just want to get the best advice before trying anything out. I don't want an unsuccesful grow :eek:

Thanks in advance.

2. It stinks, your mom is gunna find it or atleast question why HER HOME THAT SHE PAYS FOR smells like ganja. When i say it stinks i mean it..1 small plant more than likley wont stink outside the house but you sure will smell it in that house.

Just wait untill you can live on your own and break the law in your home. Not your moms.

3. If you manage to carbon scrub a rubbermaid box set up and it still be stealth then that would rock, but i dont see it as the individual who helped me build my rubbermaid set has a BA in mech engineering and we couldnt do it.

If u would like to see a fake stack rubbermaid grow look at my micro grow.

4. I mea she knows I smoke. I've brought pot to the housed with her knowing and she's cool with it. But I'm not going to ask her if I can grow, lmao. I'll just wait till she finds out and see her reaction. But what do you mean Carbon scrub?

5. You have to find a fan big enough that has enough CFM to push threw a carbon filter. There loud.

6. If your mom smokes weed and lets you smoke in her house then i suppose it wont be a problem then.

7. Bad plan. Asking if you can grow is exactly what you should do. Whatever else she knows you do and hasn't said anything about is not permission to do something else.

Don't try to grow in your mother's house without her explicit consent an approval, you WILL get caught. Growing MJ involves strange smells, noises, and activities that are simply too difficult to keep hidden from someone living under the same roof, especially when that someone is paying for that roof over your head. It's disrespectful to try to do it behind her back, and it is stealing (who pays the electric bill that you plan to run up?)

You also are likely to make compromises with safety trying to hide a grow, such as stuffing a box full of hot lights into the back of a closet with no ventilation.

In addition, you potentially jeopardize your mother and her house. You've heard about police departments auctioning off houses and cars from drug busts? That potentially could include your mom's house if you get caught.

You need your own, secure place to grow MJ.

8. [quote name='"toastybiz"']Bad plan. Asking if you can grow is exactly what you should do. Whatever else she knows you do and hasn't said anything about is not permission to do something else.

Don't try to grow in your mother's house without her explicit consent an approval, you WILL get caught. Growing MJ involves strange smells, noises, and activities that are simply too difficult to keep hidden from someone living under the same roof, especially when that someone is paying for that roof over your head. It's disrespectful to try to do it behind her back, and it is stealing (who pays the electric bill that you plan to run up?)

You also are likely to make compromises with safety trying to hide a grow, such as stuffing a box full of hot lights into the back of a closet with no ventilation.

In addition, you potentially jeopardize your mother and her house. You've heard about police departments auctioning off houses and cars from drug busts? That potentially could include your mom's house if you get caught.

You need your own, secure place to grow MJ.[/quote]

Very well said, most 19 yr olds these days are to stupid to listen tho.

10 bucks says he goes for it.

9. #11 TheGooey, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
    Dude go ahead and do it. I was seventeen and didn't smoke all the time but every few months and my mom found a small plant (a buddy gave me) in my room. A few months later I drove to Canada and bought my first 1k light and she let me setup the extra bedroom.

I went to work/school everyday and lived a normal high-school senior life just as I do now, except now I'm unemployed (acl surgery) and 26 and count on growing lol.

Parents are pretty cool sometimes. And no my mom was not a shitty negligent parent or anything.

A 35 gallon Rubbermaid will work, but is it worth it? Try and use a closet or something to make it worthwhile for ya. Your shooting for atleast enough to get you thru to next harvest right? So say you smoke a dub a week, 1 month veg and 2 months flower means you need atleast a zip from your fotst grow to go that long.

10. Getting caught with a bag and caught growing is a big difference, One that could cost your mom her house.(worst case)

11. #13 TheGooey, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    [quote name='"RC Flyer"']Getting caught with a bag and caught growing is a big difference, One that could cost your mom her house.(worst case)

[/quote]

Your right...
    I often forget this because we Rep tough in PNW

12. Why are people so negative lol .You guys don't know my living conditions. I pay half the rent to help out. My mom used to be worst then me at 19. Stealing, selling crack, etc etc, locked up. Shes way past that though now. But no one had yet to answer my questions -.-

And if I need a big fan for a CF then should I use Ona Gel?

13. I wont lie...before i got my own place i grew from age 16 on, single plants, one at a time, if it was male restart, if it was female good,

but i never made a gc account then (too young anyway), never told any friends, never told my brother or sister, and wran my echaust into a hole in my wall and no one ever noticed (i was using cfls, not NEAR enough heat to cause a fire, i could grab em with bare hands)

After 2 harvests i was caught by my dad as he forgot to knock on my door and i was messing in my closet. he told me not to let my mom find it (i lived in a weed tolerable house, from 15 on i was allowed to smoke as long as i only did so in my bedroom, even though neither parent smoked they knew the truth about it xD)

Well, after that harvest i stopped anyway, i was worried because now that more than one person knew about it i had been "compromised" lol

Shortly after i turned 21 i got my own house outside town with plenty of privacy, and now that im 22 i have got my single plant grow back up again, but this time im going perpetual single plant with clones.

pretty much it is ALL based on your situation and nothing we say has any relevance to your situation because we have no idea who you are and will probably never meet you

When it comes down to an issue like this make your OWN decision, and hopefully it wont bite you in the ass...i got LUCKY and you might not

14. Thnx for the advice. And I feel you. How much bud did you get from one plant?

15. well i went by the 100 watt rule, i had four 26 watt 2700k (i actually still have and use one of them :O thye really live up to the 9+ year lifespan if you dont break them), used em from seed to harvest, i cant remember the first grow but it was meager, using dirt from outside no nutes and tap water...second grow i used Hyponex potting soil RO bottled water and *stolen* (lol) orchid food.

off that one i pulled 11 grams, just shy of a half

16. if you chose to do it, remember should the law find it for ANY reason, try and take full responsibility, maintain that your parents knew NOTHING of it, that you did it behind their back, and do everything in your power to keep your parents from losing anything, i was more than ready for this to happen the entire time you will need to be as well. and be prepared for the sever consequences that would undoubtedly be thrown your way, from both the law, AND your parents (which i feared MORE than the law at the time)

i am NOT condoning this, in fact, i think you (and me) were fucking STUPID for even considering this, but i know i wouldnt have listened at the time and you probably wont either, im just trying to keep a fellow blade safe :smoke:

17. Actually, you are the one being negative by wanting to do something foolish and disrespectful. We are trying to give you good advice -- the same advice that this entire forum endorses for everyone in a similar situation as yours. Look around, you won't find us giving advice to others wanting to grown in their parents' house behind their back.

Whatever your mother did in her youth is not permission for you to do the same.