33 Days into flowering...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by buzn420, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Hey guys

First timer here.just thought i'd share a couple pictures.

Currently sitting at 33 days into flowering, went to work on a monday, returned on a thursday and they had quadrupled in size :O

Next lot ill be doing a full Journal :jump:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. very nice for 33 days. what strain is that? a lil more info about ur grow room?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

3. Northern Lights.

6 ladies, all close to 6ft tall
    6x 600w HPS cooltube setup
    1x 600w LED in a separated area
    10" fan + filter
    200litre brain with auto feed setup.

Currently in the process of building an outdoor garage/shed which will be fully lined, airconditioned, insulated.

Will be swapping to 6x 900w LED (top lights) and 4x 600w LED side lights once ive harvest this lot.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Forgot to mention, i dont bother with ph levels or anything.
    Simply throw my nutes in the brain, fill it with water, return 4 or 5 days later

5. very nice setup man, top notch.
    sometimes water + nutes get u real close to the desired ph and it will work just fine. that being said you'd virtually get a better crop if all parameters from temps and ph to ec and vpd were dialed in.. anyhow ur rockin with those hid's thats way more than optimal.. stay sttong brother

• Like Like x 1
  6. My next crop ill do the ph levels, my current room temp is around 28 deg for the 12hrs the lights are on but drops pretty low at night, i have the dark cycle set to night time at the moment due to thermal scanners and so on.
    once the new setup is rocking ill swap the lights to night time, that way the days keep the temp at a reasonable temp while they're in dark

ill post a couple pics of the LED buds in 9hrs time when the lights are off, its under a 600w viparspectra, honestly think its equivalent to a 200-300w HID, The buds are much much smaller. a 900w varient will most definately solve the problem

7. 600w vipar should replace a 600hid while using just 275watts if i recall, does it light ur entire groom or are there some darker areas at the edges?

maybe buds are small as of genetics?
    remind me, whats ur groom dimensions?

8. Nah the 600w is nowhere near a 600w hid mate, the light penetration is not as good, actually nowhere near a 600w.
    Buds are small, same strain, same clones off the same mother so its not genetics

9. lol that just makes me stick to the hid's after reading forever about leda.. why wouldnt you also?

10. Shreder, dont get me wrong the buds are okay, but nothing like the hID. could also be because of the cramped space its in, but the penetration to lower branches isnt there.
    reason why im still swapping to LED is because of heat issues with HID. Its getting into summer here, my stuff will be in a tin shed, LED is the way to go as longs as its a much higher output, 900-1200w i think is probably equivelent to 600-750w.

11. There are led lights that will match hid. The next light mega for example pulls 650w from the wall. There's just a lot of shitty led lights out there that say their wattage is different from what gets pulled

12. yep. finding one which is true wattage is the problem tho

13. aye bro i can relate, could not get my groom below 28c at last month of flowering under a 600 hps this last grow.. last hot month here though.. getting ready for winter and hydroponics :)
    correct me if mistaken, youre speaking of the true wattage which we know is not what it says on the model name.. we were speaking about a led light that has the penetration and light power of a hid.
    id be satisfied with 450 true watts that can truely replace a 600 hid, both for electricity usage and temprature control..

id be happy to invest up to $500 on such a led

14. There's a Viparspectra 1200w, they advertise it as having 240x 5w LED's. its around the $400 mark, is said to draw 524w so thats getting pretty close to a 600w.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Shreder, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    wouldnt it be better to just get a better, lower wattage for the same price? ive heard great about budmaster for example..

i mean why should i bother going to viparspec's 1200w model where i can get the same or better quality for even less than 524 true watts?

put aside brands, model names and equalivant wattage. all we care of is true wattage, lumens per watt, PAR and wavelength..

id love to know what is the best led to replace a 600watts hps by those parameters..

16. No. I am saying that the next light mega is 650 TRUE watts

17. You're looking into vipar... look into California light works, black dog led, diamond series , you have to pay more with good led but in the long run you're not exchanging bulbs your heat runs lower and if you go with cree it's much better light spread/penetration

18. Dubs, whats this mega light?

19. HLG quantum boards . Vero cob arrays. Both DIY lights cheaper and better PAR/ lower watts from wall dimmable boards

20. i was thinking of building one myself, it seems to be the only way to get a high quality board without breaking your piggybank.. seems like u know your ways with leds dubs, could u direct me to a good manual? tnx man