32 days old from seed, should I flip to 12/12?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mayhemmaster668, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Would I have good effect flipping these to flower now, or should I wait longer?

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. What is the maximum height of your grow space? Because that is what really determines when you should go into flower.
    You can flower now and it will get some bud but the yield won't be that great compared to the yield you could get if you veg them another week or two (height allowing).

3. I could prob go another week or 2, but that would be pushing it..lol plus I could move them to another closet w more height.

4. if all you have for lighting are those 3 lamps.. then yes. Flip to 12/12.

5. I added another one, going to get more when I get the $.

6. 2 of those are the 10.0 uvb lizard lights (on sides), and one is 55w 3800 lumens soft white

7. One I added is 26w daylight cfl

8. So flip em? And add 4 more soft white CFL's soon as $ allows? Planning on doing it in an hr, unless someone thinks differently.

9. 4th day of 12/12. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

10. Well, plants dont seem bad. Wait another week once it flowers, or starts to show flowers

11. Thanks. This is my 1st attempt at growing, so if I harvest an oz or 2, I'll be extremely happy. Learning enough to do a lot better next go round.

12. Glad to see you topped a couple of those. The long lanky one in the first pic could use some LST - tie her down and bend her over to reduce the height & get some side branches going vertical. Whatever it takes to keep an even canopy will help with the lights you're using.

13. I'm def going to LST the next grow, I'm just too new at it to risk breaking my stem this time. If that happened, I'd prob murder the mountains..

Don't expect so much with small plants, it can be done. but you're gonna wanna veg larger if you want to come close with the lighting youve got going

15. So if all 3 turn out female, you don't think I'd a least get a couple o's?

16. Once I start my next op, def going to do at least a 60 day veg. Just don't have the room in my closet and not safe to move them w prying little eyes (my wife's lil bros) they're really starting to smell now, and I know it's going to get worse. Can I just get by w putting an air purifier in there w them?

Your expectations are way too high for that setup, you might get a half oz of solid bud but the rest will be loose and fluffy. If you want a couple ounces then you need more light and better training methods, for starters.

18. As long as I get some smokable herb, I'll be happy.

19. #19 Skunky Monkey, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    I'd wait much longer as long as space isn't an issue, the amount of branches and cola sites you have now will basically be the bud sites you will have in the future, i like to flower mine when there a big bush after 7 to 9 weeks of veg sometimes, you'll be happy when you have a much higher yield.

Also your gonna need more light..

20. I'm on my 4th day of 12/12 already.. I'll def veg longer next time, this was just to kinda get my feet wet anyhow