Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by sensimil, Aug 2, 2005.

1. The countdown is on!

14 days until Dont Tread on Me
    20 days until I will be at the HOB, AC with 311!

anyone else catching a show from this tour?? i can hardley contain myself im so stoked for this show :smoke:

The single is out for all to listen if you havent heard it already check it out!

2. hey, not catchin any of the shows... went to one back bout 5 years ago, havent really listened to them lately... i like older shit like "down", wish 311 would get more airplay around here.

3. bout time a 311 thread popped up! i'm going to see them on the 26th at nissan pavillion. 2nd fav. band ever. buy the 311 day dvd live in new orleans, every fan should have it.

edit* just saw that they'll be performing on the jimmy kimmel show friday night.

4. I'm seeing 311 in cedar rapids, Iowa on august 8th!!! I am soo excited for it, it's going to be the highlight of my summer. My two friends and I are taking some good buds to the concert!

5. wish they were coming within 4 hours of me, I'd be there if they did...

New single is reagge, nice!!

Went and saw them at Summerfest last year when it poured for 4 hours before the show, stood in it the whole time, and they put on one hell of a show! Next 3/11 day me and my friends are planing a road trip down south to see their show...

6. 311 rules

7. 1 day! until Dont Tread on Me
    7 days until I will be at the HOB, AC with 311! :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

8. I was there too! Total wash-out day, but everyone I went with stuck around. We went that day just to see 311, so a little rain wasn't gonna keep us away!!! And yeah, one hell of a set!!! Can't wait to see them again!

9. I've gotta check out the new album too. I love the funk/reggae blend stuff they do. It is so chill!!!

10. Is it a new album or just a single? Anyone know?

11. FUCK! I totally forgot!! Today is the release date. its a new album dammit.
    if you can get to best buy before they sell out, they have a special $10 sale for the first day of release! lol! I waited months for this, and I forgot the day of. grrrrrrr :rolleyes:

12. SOooooooooooo I hit up best buy last night and purchased my copy of Dont Tread on Me. $10. Yuppers, i was stoked, got it for 10bucks. very cool. 311 is so cool they hooked up a promo if you buy on the release day, you get it cheeeeeeeeap :smoke: how cool are they? :)
    so far I listened to it 4 times. once last night and its currently on repeat at the house :) This cd is great. They have grassroots stlyee alllllllll over it. They really hit on old school style (pre the blue album)-fucking excellent.
    This is an album to listen to all tracks straight thru. only thing that mad me sad about the album is its short..nbd but any 311 fan would of course want MORE
    1. Don't Tread On Me \t \t
    2. Thank Your Lucky Stars \t \t
    3. Frolic Room \t \t
    4. Speak Easy \t \t
    5. Solar Flare \t \t
    6. Waiting \t \t
    7. Long for the Flowers \t \t
    8. Getting Through to Her \t \t
    9. Whiskey & Wine \t \t
    10. It's Getting OK Now \t \t
    11. There's Always an Excuse

13. new album is awesome bought it the day it came out. only thing that i don't like is that it only has 11 songs. but, yeah u can listen to it straight through and it kicks ass the whole time. can't wait for the show next friday!

14. What's your favorite song on the cd thus far? I like speak easy, and there's always an excuse!

15. solar flare reminds me of old school 311 a lot, waiting is good, long for the flowers is good, and its getting ok now.. sorry can't pick one lol.

16. Im extremely excited.
    Tomorrow night is the show for us here :) We're planning rides an smoking devices to sneak into the show :smoke: cant wait!!!
    Ill be back for a review for sure :)
    311​
    !!!!!​

17. awesome! hope u have a great time!

18. august 27th in atlanta at hifi buys... gonna be awesome...

19. 311 rocked last night!

20. I knew there was something I was forgetting. the show was cool. The floor of the venue was an issue though. Everyone kept falling. it wasnt that it was getting TOO out of control, the floor was soaking wet, literally you couldnt get any grip to move that much without landing on your ass. I landed on my ass a few times, my gf landed on her ass. We were both pulling each other down trying to hang on to stay up. The guy in front of us busted his ass so hard, we heard a bone SMACK the floor. im sure he didnt really feel it until the next day. It took away from the show somewhat, so im a little disappointed. But other than that, they fucking rocked. no doubt. as usual!