31 day old plants -

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by onimus, Jan 19, 2011.

1. #1 onimus, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
    The plants- 31 days since sprouted out of soil from seed.
    You can see that one of them is really small, and has kinda weird looking leaves, i think she got transplant shock bc her growth was stunted for weeks, just started to grow leaves again, trying to lst with her, the other two are thriving, very bushy about 7-8 inches tall, i can't determine the sex yet. i want to make one a mother. And you can see that one of the bigger ones has some defficency, leaves are kinda brownish and curling, they're in fox farm ocean forest soil, i use grow big and big bloom as of right now. water ph about 7.0 under 10 5000k 27w cfls. tell me what you think, how they're doing, if i should know sex by now, and if you know what is wrong with that ones leaves, and why that third one is so short compared to the others. They're all bagseed.

Attached Files:

2. lookin good man, mine are about the same age. idk wut to tell ya about the stragler, if its not takin up room, i guess keep it around hah.

3. Looks like signs of nute burn. Or even a salt build up / Nute Lockout. (Leaves start consuming themselves for newer growth.)

When was the last time you flushed it ? 6.5-6.8 is the better range for soil i believe(If possible to achieve)

I had a plant that just didnt want to play the game, stunted - slow growth. I found mine needed a massive flush. Should have seen the color of the runoff that came out >< Looked like tea/coffee lol - Since doing this it has been fine. (I got a build up due to using the wrong PH'd water+nutes)

As for the light, i have always read and seen that the right color spectrum for vegging is 5500k - 6500k anything less was incorrect or not enough of the right color. But they seem to be doing ok and are still nice and bushy.

4. ok so flush, like just give it an excesive ammount of water?

5. How do u flush them? Do u just add LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER? Do u use any flushing solutions? Is there flushing solutions?

6. Flushing is just watering with lots of water, yes. The typical recommendation is something like 3 times the volume of the pot worth of water.

There are solutions available but they aren't needed.

Your plants look droopy. Did you just water before you took the pics? If not you may be over or under watering.

7. Oh OK so if i am using 3 gallon pots for my plants, I should flush with bout 10 gallons of water?

8. Yup. Some people use more, some less. Personally I only flush that much if I have a serious problem to correct.

9. If your run-off is at 7 atm, i would ph some water to say, 5.5 and flush it through...then check your run-off PH again.

For soil, you want to be between 5.5 and 6.5 really...so yeah, flush with 3 times the amount of your pot and aim to leave it at about PH 6.2.

hth, good luck dude :smoke:

10. is it way to early to start flowering the two bigger ones? they're like 7 1/2 - 8 inches tall

11. technically you could start flowering, but i got a few around the same height. mine are a little more bushy tho, cuz i topped em, but id wait another month to get the most out of your newer growth

12. #12 hot_tokes, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
    I wouldnt flower them yet myself...but that's me. It all depends on your circumstances. If you have room, veg them a while longer...I have been vegging my grows for around 8-9 weeks(in my setup that's enough to net me a couple of ozs per plant-still new grower)...

dont get too caught up in the whole "it'll double or treble the size when you flower" thing, yeah, they'll make a wee burst for the sky and stretch the nodes out a bit, but they wont become some massive uncontrollable monster, and after a week or so, thats that and she'll be starting to bud.

Good luck with whatever you decide :smoke:

13. I consider flushing to be adding water only. not just a lot of it while still using nutrients.

14. So flushing can also be done by watering daily for a few days consecutively with just PURE WATER?

15. No m8, not imo anyway....I'd go with dumping it through in one go if ya can