31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

Discussion in 'General' started by meddlehaze, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Sad that they died, but oh well! They signed up for the military to kill, shouldn't be surprised when they are on the receiving end of it.

2. Seriously? It's not like anybody goes into the military thinking "hey, I'm gonna die!" Everybody always thinks they will be the ones to make it out alive.

Needless death isn't a laughing matter, whether inflicted by our troops or anybody else's troops. These deceased have families and friends who now get to wake up everyday knowing they will never see that person again. It's not something to make light of.

There is no "oh well!" in this situation.

3. My cousin said they prepare you for death and try to make the realization come true that you won't be so lucky. They desensitize you for real

4. Seriously though, what are the chances they kill the exact SEALS who killed Bin Laden? This seems a bit outlandish, to me. Are teh taliban really that intelligent and advanced?

5. They didn't. None of the seals who killed bin laden were on that chopper. I don't know why people are under the impression that a seal team is only 5 people big.

6. my sympathy for your nations loss

love from norway

7. They did hijack a plane, do you know how hard it is to fly a 747 boing 400 ??

8. 30 young people dead, theyre poor families :(

hate to learn stuff like this.

9. I just reread the article and it says pretty straight up that none of them were involved in Bin Laden's raid. Misinformation ftw

Sweet dude that's legit. I've only met 1 guy in my whole life from Norway.

At least that's the story, but very good point.

10. Believe me i'm skeptical about that to ;) they found traces of nano thermite explosives in the 911 ruble, super advanced controlled demolition explosives.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9VhD4SccSE]‪Guns N' Roses - Civil War (Music Video)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

12. They? Who's they?

13. The people who investigated forensics :confused:

14. #74 Jlib, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    The people killed were killers themselves. They put themselves into this situation because that is what they WANTED to do. They all knew they had a chance of dying, it's their job.

Sad situation, yes... but it could have been avoided if they selected another profession. Instead, they chose to become trained killers. Each one of those seals probably had at least 20 kills under their belts.

That is what brought them to this. They were flying in this helicopter to participate in a raid which probably would have resulted in the deaths of others. It's an endless cycle that won't stop as long as people are willing to kill and die for their governments.

15. Aren't those government agencies? If so, why would they set themselves up like that ya know?
    A lot of them have no other choices than to join the military or be homeless. I think nathann's point was the fact that they don't go into the military wanting to die.

16. This. I've been close to doing that for a while, until I decided to pursue a life I could actually enjoy. The only way I would ever join the military would be if there was a serious world threat upon us, one that we needed to stop.

No offence to the Americans, but I am not willing to fight your Oil Wars for your government.

17. There have been a couple of documentaries and some research done into why the soldiers of the nordic countries (well, DK and Nor) choose to help the Amis.

Even though our national politics is that USA is our ally and we should always step up to fight with our friends, most of the troops we have in Afgh. are there for comradery and adventure, not out of any political beliefs. Newspapers here take the war very seriously and when something happens to our troops, there's always lots of info and open interviews about why the troops do what they do.

So for the allied soldiers on the ground, this war isn't about the americans or their govts shady oil/military industry interest at all, the soldiers don't care much about that. It's about excitement and life experience

Still a stupid way to die, I think the whole thing is a huge mess. Bring the soldiers home from all our allied countries tbh, fighting together there is doing nothing to help any of us