300W Guru Finisher (LED) vs 1000W HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by marvelousMJ, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Hi,

I started a 3 1000W HPS grow with one 300W Guru Finisher from Guru Grow Lights (LED). These pictures are from a couple months back. I'll just post the entire grow at once. I lost some of the pictures when my computer crashed but I think you will get the idea. The pictures are taken over the course of an eight week flowering cycle and are in order. Exactly what week each picture was taken on has been lost. At the end I got 1.4 pounds from the 300W Guru Finisher and around 1.2 pounds from each of the 1000W HPS lights. Enjoy

Method: Soil
    Total Plants: 100
    Temperature: 76F, 24C
    Yield: 1.4lb 300 Guru Finisher
    1.2lb per 1000W HPS

Attached Files:

2. More Pictures

Attached Files:

3. And More

Attached Files:

4. i have a question... how did the plants that were between the HPS and the LED do? i mean from the pictures they all look great, but did the plants in between the 2 different lights show any difference in growth from the plants directly under 1 or the other?

5. The plants bordering the HPS and the LED lights were kind of far away from both light sources so they were a bit smaller if I remember correctly. Next time I'm going to reduce the coverage area by one row of plants.

6. hey man, i realize this thread is a few months old, but its kinda hard to find much on led grows that are of much help. i wanted to get some opinions about something i want to try out. so, the led light i have has a pretty great spectrum, and i was thinking about using it as a "finishing" light similar to how some use the sunpulse 10k lights for the last week or 2 of flowering. i have 2 plants. one spent 5 weeks under a ceramic metal halide, the other under an hps, and i noticed that the cmh one smells stronger, has better tricombe production, but is smaller. the hps has thicker, bigger buds, but not as resinous. im positive the higher uv from the cmh had a lot to do with it. theyre both under a 1000w 3500k light now (in hopes of increasing the density) but i was thinking of finishing under the led (180w) to try and push the oils out before harvest. any insights, suggestions, or experience in this field? im hoping for the next grow the 1000watt will bring out a better yield, and the led will increase potency.