300w CFL or 600w LED?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by masonicn, Jul 21, 2017.

1. I am thinking about a very small grow, probably a closet or a PC grow but didnt know which light would be better. I come from the UK, so making heat is not necessarily a bad thing as it does sometimes get quite cold. I will only be growing a few plants in a limited space. The light will also be used throughout the whole grow

The 300w CFL is a dual spectum, for veg and flower. The LED is listed as 600w, but in the description says "Actual Power: about 100W±5% power, much better than the same product in market"

Sorry for nooby questions, ive only ever grown outside before so am pretty new to this

300w CFL Dual Spectrum (6400k+2700k) Grow & Flower Lamp Bulb +E40 Light Pendant | eBay

LED Grow Light Panel Lamp1200W 1000W for Hydroponic Plant Full Spectrum Indoor | eBay

2. That bulb isnt 300 true watts its more on the side of maybe 40-60watts.
    That led light is also very.... sketchy.

If i were you id burn an extra 10 pounds and grab a mars 300.its all youll need for a pc grow

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. yeah although I agree that the LED light looks sketchy af, ive seen many growers online using that CFL and saying it is a good light. But would the LED still be the best option if its very close to the plants in a compact grow?

4. If i were you, and i was growing in a pc case or small cupboard is get a tri splitter. And 3 large cfls.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk