300 watt cfl??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CountryGrown79, Dec 29, 2009.

1. so today i went to the local home depo and bought a 64 watt cfl that is a 300 watt replacement and i just wanted to know weather this was a good bulb to buy for growing. to me it could be over kill seeing how its about 8 inches long

2. I was looking at that one online. It looks like it's a 2700K. I would assume that means it's alright for flowering, but not ideal for veg.

Maybe someone els ecan chime in, but it seems like 6500K is for veg, 2700K is for flowering.

3. Definitely not overkill. Forget about the "equivalent" or "replacement" watts, that's a 64 watt bulb.

What is the color temp / spectrum / light frequency?

Also, is it self-ballasted or does it need a ballast? Does it fit a standard socket?

4. If it is 2700k then it's good for flowering and will work for vegging but yes 6500k would be ideal.

5. Link to HD's page about it.

I had to google the model # to find the spectrum on another site, so CountryGrown might want to verify the spectrum if it says it on the package.

6. I bought 6 or so of them last year, they were double that price, I'm going to check my Local store and see if there that price off the shelf.

7. i have 5 of those and 2 26 watters on my 2 plants. i love them

8. what are the dimensions of your grow space? if you're tight for space and want smaller bulbs then you can grab outlet to socket adapters and Y splitters in HD for $2.xx/ea. i've only found the ~36w daylight bulbs (5500k, 100w equiv) at HD from metro west to boston

9. alright the bulb was id say round 14 dollars at home depot. its made by the company TCP its a soft white 2700K 68 watt 300 equivalent...

M.O.L.- 9.5" inches
    Diameter- 4.1" inches
    Base Type- E26
    Input Line Voltage- 120 VAC
    Minimum Starting Temperature- -20F
    Power Factor- >.50
    THD- <150%
    Light Output- 4200 Lumens
    Life Span- 10,000 hours

thats ^ all the information off the box plus the link to the website is www.tcpi.com
    ill take a few pictures of my grow box after i post this and put them up to show you what im working with

10. well guys i tried to put a clothes hanger in the bottome of the bulb to have it hang parallel to the plant and i twisted it wrong and just snapped the bottome of the bulb off so shes done now. ima try to return it but i sadley said no to the reciept from homedepot so wish me luck god i should punch my self in the balls for that stupid move

11. I agree on those bulbs. I bought a bunch from home depot and had great results. Veg to Flowering. The strain was Northern Lights. Final dried weight was a little over three oz. Buds were thick and resinous. I had 6 all total placed around it in 6x3.5 cabinet. Mylar on every wall helped out as well.

12. Also if you buy that bulb buy the cheap plastic sockets for $1 and get the two prong extension cord with two wires only to connect to it. That way you can mount it in different areas of your grow.

13. Anyone know about those "gro light"'s they sell at Lowes? I read on the box they are made from growing indoor plants. You can get a 120w bulb. Anyone know anything bout em or used em before?

They dont need a ballast, so im thinking that would be awesome to just have 6 of those instead of a 600w hps.

14. its all good now. i went to home deopt and they gladly accepted my broken product for a new one. my grow box is about 5 feet tall by 2 feet deep by 2 feet wide. simply designed for one plant at a wack.

15. Nice!

Keep us posted on how the grow goes.

I'm germinating seeds for a Home Depot CFL grow right now myself. I might try two plants at once, but otherwise sounds just like yours.

16. Are those 68w bulbs safe to plug into a lamp or clamp light?

17. yes they are