300+ watt CFL CABINET

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DirtyApe, Nov 27, 2016.

1. #1 DirtyApe, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    OK, figured it out lol
    So Ive had this grow going for a little over a month now. Ive got a Corleone Kush and a Larry Og currently in flower. Yesterday was 2 weeks.
    Lights: @320 watts CFL mixed spectrum
    Soil: Blah soil I bought at a local store, perlite added
    Nutes: Fox Farm trio, Cal mag

I would normally go with HID lights as I have in the past but I live on an island and getting things here is a pain in the ass. I ordered nutes, perlite, and Ph meter from Amazon, had them shipped to someone in the states and then they shipped to me. It was expensive and timely but I had no other options.

I decided to go with CFL's because theyre easy to find and I've seen decent results with them. All in all Ive got around 320 watts in there now with around 200 being 2700k and the rest 6500k for mixed spectrum.

This is how the inside of the cab looked early in the grow and how I raised the plants up.

This is how it looks now with a cover I built for it to keep it dark during flower. There are small light leaks at the seams and I didnt want to take any chances.

And off. Notice the flex vent tube pulling the hot air up and out of the cab. Im not really concerned with smell as I live in a fairly lax place with regards to drug laws and enforcement.

This is the cover. I put reflective material on the inside.

I bought this cabinet from a local store. I then took internal dimension measurements and hired a local carpenter to build a box I designed. After it was built I took it to a local electrician to have him wire it up for me. All told I spent 50 euro on the box to be built.
    During veg I had all 6500k bulbs configured like this. Notice the vent fan in the box pulling the hot air up and away from the plants.
    [​IMG]

Both plants were topped and Lst'd. The Corleone much more than the Larry OG, I was just going for an even canopy and I was making sure I didnt run out of vertical space. Next grow I'll veg them a bit longer.
    Before LST
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Starting LST
    LST

Where we are now

I'll update as I go. Thanks for lookin. Questions and comments are welcome!

2. Um...why are the pics not showing?

3. Upload the pics to imgur, use the direct link and post it here using the image button next to the emoticon one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 DirtyApe, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Why...why did the images not work like the others?? LOL

5. A little update. Having to raise the lights daily now, stretch still going strong.
    Larry OG

Corleone Kush

I'll keep on updating as the 6 or so weeks continue on. Im anxious to see what these ladies produce.

6. Oh also, I built myself a bubble cloner. I took some cuttings from the corleone kush before the cloner was built and then I threw them in when it was finished. So basically they sat in a glass with water for a few days before. Needless to say they died. But I do have three cuttings from the Larry OG doing well!
    Im so pumped about this. All the years Ive been growing and this is the first honest attempt at cloning Ive done amd so far so good! All three are showing signs of roots but one is really rooting!!! I checked last night and it was a small thing but this morning its about 1/4 inch long. Man Im blown away with this. Im really happy its coming together because the strain is great and I love the way the mom is growing, really short and bushy, required very little LST to get her to grow how she is not to mention the smell isnt a problem with her so far. So Im really excited to carry on her traits. Hopefully all three make it and I can pull 3-4 clones off them in a month or so.
    Anyway, here are some pics of the cloner in action.

7. #7 DirtyApe, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Update
    Larry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Corleone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Group shot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Clone
    [​IMG]

Everything is progressing nicely. That clone is really taking off. A second one is right behind with root development and the third I dont think will make it. Im happy with 2/3 as its my first honest attempt at cloning.

8. Can someone suggest another website to host my images? Im tired of some of the pics not showing but showing a link to imgur instead. Or even how to fix that? Thanks

9. I'll make a short vid on how to add pics to the forum, be back with a reply in 10 minutes or so :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice! Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it. This is driving me nutts!

11. Here you go bro, hope it helps :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh shit. You rock Benqtinu! So much better. Thanks again bro. Its times like this I wish the rep system was still going!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just glad i could help out in a time of need lol :D! I'm dealing with some shit with one of my plants at the moment, i suspect bad genetics since her sister is doing amazingly well.

14. Dirty Ape the top views are perfect fam !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG] can you tell me if this little ladies new leaves are to light green and if so maybe how to fix it , it's just the new growth ???

16. Can you post a closeup of the new growth? (I'm kinda' blind)

17. Yeah it'll be this afternoon I'm gone already . I'll message ya thank you for your time I appreciate

18. Im a soil guy so probably cant help much. My suggestion though would be to start with making sure your PH is correct and then ppm. Should sort itself out if those are right.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app