3 weeks in and leaves are yellowing??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Skurr, Mar 8, 2009.

1. I have 3 auto flowering great white sharks going right now in soil under a 400w hps. The biggest one started flowering a few days ago and the leaves are already turning yellow, very yellow. I just started to add flowering nutes to it, so hopefully this will help. Im just confused why they would do this so early into flowering.

2. maybe you cut back on the nitrogen too early. maybe your soil ph is off... tho i doubt it as if N was locked out you'd have some sick looking plants more than yellowing.

3. I looked at your grow journal and it looks like your soil has time-released fertilizers in it already. Maybe the plant is getting TOO much food. I'm unfamiliar with autoflowers, but don't they start flowering 2-3 weeks from seed? If this is so, my guess would be the plants are getting more fertizer than they can handle right now , both from the soil, and from your watering.

If you think this might be the case, maybe flush the plant/plants with fresh plain ph adjusted water to remove excess nutes. Hopefully this info may help, good luck.

4. I've only used clean water ( no nutes ) the entire grow so far. I just added nutes to my watering schedule on one plant, the biggest because its flowering. So basically I've been flushing this entire grow. Maybe its just stressed from flowering? I have the nutes I'm using in my grow journal if you're wondering what they are.

5. Plants all yellow in the first and last stages of flowering. They drain out the N from the leaves, leaving them with a yellowing color. How old ?

6. Thats good to know. The biggest one has only been flowering for about 8 or 9 days. The others havent started to flower yet.

7. Yeah the same thing is happening to my Lowryder #2's right now . They are on day 27 and have been flowering for about a week . This past week they started yellowing in a way that resembles N def . But other than the yellowing , they are growing fine . I'm just guessing that since they do everything else faster , they probably yellow faster also .

8. Guess so. Just had my a little worried something was lower than it should be. Hope fully the nutes will perk it up.

9. Just a few pics to show what they're looking like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. too much nutes.

Flush it

11. I haven't been giving any nutes at all this entire grow, besides one watering.

12. The more you water with those time release ferts, the more they dissolve. I'd get some nute-free soil, so you can better control what nutrients the plant has available to it.

13. At the local store that was the soil with the least amount of nutes in it.

14. My shark has yellow leaves at the very bottom also