3 week going on 4th 2 1/2 inches.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Phungis, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Hello Grass City I have 6 little plants that I'm worried aren't growing fast enough. First off I will say I over watered them around week 2 when they were in solo cops. They turned a kinda almost lime green color. My thinking they needed some nitrogen because they weren't bigger I gave them a 25% dose of grow big. They really didn't respond other than started showing growth slowly. Since that time I have been giving them only water twice a week a week Wednesday/Saturday or sunday. I also transplanted them in 5gal smart pots with a 50/50 mix of perlite and a fox farm of mix basically (my nursery grows cannabis and recommended it same ingredients they said) I also should say I started them off in a 50/50 mix or reg potting soil and the ff of kinda mix. There's no signs of nutrient burn or anything since they have been born. I'm using a 600 watt MH lamp in my closet with white walls. I had the light 24 inches away and put ballast down to 50%(300 watts or so) then have been getting them to 75%-100% I don't want them to have too many stressors. I did start them off with CFLs for first week until second true leaves were showing. They are currently making their 6th set of leaves went (2-2-4-2-4) in the order of leaves but yeah this whole last week they just completed the second set of 4 but really are just so small. I have the RH 40-50% temps 72-82 and doors open to closet to allow better air flow because it gets hot in there otherwise how space is 4x4. Not sure what other information would be helpful to you guys put I'll try and post some pictures I just believe I should have 6" plants not 2 1/2". Oh and the strains are
    Pineapple Chunk,Blue Cheese,Swiss Cheese, Afghan Kush Ryder,And Afghan kush fem. The swiss cheese was not over watered nor got any added nutrients I wanted to have a controlled plant see if it would hurt others. I did add big bloom to distilled water 25% then %50 dose see if they needed more food. Also when transplanted they had a great root system I've never grown cannabis but I thought it was nice and white and roots coming all over even rounding end of cup that's why I transplanted. Do the plants stop making leaves so fast to create a huge root system? My bad for the babbling just curious and need your expert eyes. I'll post pictures after this

2. Here's some pictures first two are Afghan Kush Second is Pineapple Chunk. Can see the yellowish green Color the leaves are from before when I over watered. Afghans two leaves right there are that weird shade. Pineapple Chunk is all green excuse my shitty free T mobile phone makes pictures look discolored a little.

Attached Files:

3. Messy and kinda have some experiment plants in the corner my friend that's been growing for awhile made the strains. granddaddy purp x Master OG, GDPxGhost OG, GDPxcalibluedream. Those guys I just germinated and put in soil yesterday and their sprouted. Gave them 50/50 blend of soil and perlite this time maybe that helped.

Attached Files:

4. I've been growing a year. could be pH problem are you testing your water? You don't need to water on a schedule, just water when the smart pot is very light. Sometimes I wait until the very first sign of drooping to water.

Also be careful with nutes, when they are small they usually don't need it.

Hopefully a more experienced grower pops in to help more. Good luck.

5. Thanks for the reply man yeah I was giving pure distilled water PH at 7.6 but have my own tester now and I slowly lowered it to 6.5 each water now but just adding a small amount of lemon juice per gallon. They really have grown a lot in the past week growing slightly taller. Even the controlled plant that's a week behind is pretty much where the rest are now. I have them on a 20/4 light schedule as two of them are autos. I didn't even mention the Blue Domina. I didn't mean I water like that every week just been that way so far I know you try to wait until the soil is kinda dry because they don't need that much water I don't think. They get plenty of fresh oxygen and C02 from outside as the closet is a couple feet from the window and I have a fan blowing that air in angled to the closet. Do you think the light is escaping because doors mostly open? We will see how this next week goes as I'm pretty sure this is week 4 to 5. Since I put them in paper towels. Took a couple days to get a tap on some of them. I'm thinking its the stress from being over watered then I didnt need to add grow big. At the 25% dose Or big bloom. Then transplant. I just don't know how long to expect between it growing leaves and stuff. I see them change everyday its just on such a slow scale I was just trying to see if I was doing anything wrong like too much perlite or something.

6. Well remember it is a plant it's not gonna grow that much everyday. I don't know about lemon juice I use pH down+ pH up to adjust.

The soil has to get really dry between watering, it should feel completely dry at least an inch down. Oxygen has to get to the roots. The smart pots help a lot.

7. Oh yeah I wait until when I stick my whole finger down I don't feel any any wetness. I know roots like to travel about when they need water. Lemon juice just seemed like something natural that could be used as a pH down and it worked. Lemon juice is usually around 2-2.3 so I just added a teaspoon per gallon I believe was a pretty good ratio to get it to 6.5PH. Soils 7.0 but I have a feeling that its a cheap soil reader not really accurate. I also have a fan at the bottom blowing near pots to allow air flow even more and bring up C02 from the ground as well as the cold temps. I'm not expecting huge amounts of growth everyday I just like to compare to other grows people have and I seem to be behind. Most people around a month have a couple full finger leaves and stuff. Guess we shall see how this week turns out.

8. They need air, leaving the door open is not enough. You have to get a proper extractor fan to remove stale air. Properly pH'd water is vital, and tap water is perfectly fine(and cheap), in many ways better for a soil grow. Using distilled or RO water can lead to cal/mag deficiency. Get proper pH down(phosphoric acid).

9. flush for a few days

10. Sorry should have said it all better was kinda chinky eyed. I do have fresh air coming from outside my room widow is 100%, open with a ,20inch fan bringing in air 24/7. I use distilled water and then added lemon juice since its just a natural way to lower the PH use to use it even in chemistry. I had thought of a flush as well I just didn't want to drown them. Just pour a gallon per pot and soak it all? I over watered before and assumed this was too much stress when they were baby's. I also have a controlled plant that I never gave Grow big or Big bloom pure water from day 1. It grew to same size as others now their all going through the same growing stage. The Pineapple Chunk has started to stretch and I'm able to see it wanting to grow taller as theirs about half inch maybe inch between its first true leaves and all the new growth it has been doing. Having my controlled plant I didn't give nutrients to I just wanted to see if nutrients did anything negative. How about that yellow lime color? Does that mean too much water still? I wait until its very dry between waterings. Just curious if anyone else has had that problem of lime greenish plants. Most of them are a darker green now but my controlled plant has turned that color the past couple days. Only notice when lights off because the MH lamp discoloration throws me off sometimes. Their such little things I know they don't need much. You guys should have seen the root system they had though for being so little down stairs they got work done. The reg potting soil and OF soil mix I used I won't do that again the reg potting soil wasn't too barky but enough to where when I watered I was pulling a couple wood pieces out as they stood out kinda. Still when I transplanted they seemed to be doing fine. Took a before picture the week before and they were just growing their quad leaves that all grow at the same time since then they grow two new leaves and another 4. Its just the height I'm worried about. 24" too close for 600 watt? Temps are in 70s so I can lower or raise it if needed.

11. Oh and Andy I have a fan at the bottom of grow room bringing the c02 up and mixing the air around. Also air at the top of grow room blowing hot air out. I'm going to cut a whole in the door and see if maybe they need a closed environment. I just thought being a foot or two from widow they would almost feel like their outside.

12. Also should tell you guys that my Tap water here is around 7.8. I add an air pump to water for a couple days to let chlorine and all that evaporate then PH it to 6.5 let it sit. Then water next day making sure the PH had stayed constant from the night before.

13. Sounds like it's a water problem dude. Go out to a supermarket and get a good sized container of natural spring water and water it with that. Hoping it may salvage your girl. Won't happen overnight, but you should see some kind of improvement in a few days if it's water..

The only other reason would be growing medium. If it's chocked full of nutrients, you could have a lockout due to too much shit in the soil..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. That's what my buddy said I had him come by tonight. I used regular tap water and put air pump in it and am getting out most the stuff in that over next 24 hours or so. I had a gallon of tap I put in air pump for two days and flushed one of them tonight going to be doing other 6 over next two days. He said its prob the 25% dose of grow big that made them lock up. He looked at my soil and said soil should be good for almost a month with the worm castings bat guano and all that. He also said not to use lemon juice as it has sugars that can get trapped in the soil. Also told me to raise my light to make them want to stretch a little. Thanks for all your input guys this is why I love this website much love guys appreciate it.