3 seeds in one pot.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RyannDanks, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Okay, well I had three seeds from a batch of W.S. and decided to throw them in a pot in my greenroom and test my luck with growing. To my suprise, they have all sprouted, although one is a little bigger than the rest. now that they are growing..

When should I transfer them into their own pots?
    How would I go about doing this without killing them/plant shock?

Thanks guys.:wave:

2. Well just like any other plants I'd do so when its not so delicate and before it's flowering/budding as to not shock it or risk stunting your precious cargo.

3. will the roots entangle and get all messed up and ruin the plants by then?

4. You will want to transfer those three seedlings into single pots/cups as soon as possible.
    And yes, the roots will entangle and go into shock if you do not separate them.
    How to go about removing those seedlings, im unsure.
    if you spaced them out enough, and they are in a rather large pot, and they're still under a week old, you might be able to just take a guess as to how deep their roots are (maybe stick your fingers an inch or two down??) and then just scoop one out at a time and move into pots.
    hope this helps, happy growing!
    -Art

5. I would say go out to the edge with your hands or a spade I'd use my hands as the spade is obviously sharper. Go deep under so as not to cut or rip any and slowly push up and see if you feel any roots at all if not keep searching to find each one and hope they did not tangle. If they did there is not much to be done without shocking the plant to remove all the dirt from the roots to untangle it you know what I mean so you may need to cut some loses, or shock the plant and hope for the best.

6. you need to seperate asap. Especially if 1 is male or the roots get tangled up.
    never want to do more than 1 seed per cup.

7. Alright guys I will try this.

8. a.s.a.p. in my opinion. The roots will tangle.

9. being male is irreverent at this time, considering they don't have pollen sacks.
    move into their own pots asap good luck with the grow!

Sorry about your loss..