3 Plants Flowering Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by PalmPrePerson, May 18, 2011.

1. #1 PalmPrePerson, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    Hi Everyone,

I need some help please. I have 3 clones that are 4 weeks into flowering. They started showing some signs of problems around 2.5 weeks ago, and I ignored them thinking they would go away. Instead they got worse. So I am here for help.

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Local Garden Center Top Soil ( Worked fine last grow )
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Cherry Bubba
    How old are the plants? They came off a mother plant which was 2 months old. They vegged for 6 weeks. Flowering for 4 weeks.
    What type of lights and how many watts? 4 T-5. 54W H.O. Each.
    How far from the lights? The tops are around 4 inches away. ( Grow tent )
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Bottled Water, Every 3 to 4 days.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? None to be honest.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 6.5 ish
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Temps are 75ish at night, 82 during lights on.
    What size pots? 3 Gallons
    Any bugs? Look real close. None that I know of.
    Any other pertinent info?

Info about them:
    Soil with Perlite
    Soil PH of 7
    Watering with water of a PH of 6.25 - 7.25
    Water them whenever they feel light. ( Thats about every 3 to 4 days )
    Indoor Grow, Tent

I did my first grow with no problems. Used the same set-up. Have problems this time....

The bottom leaves are the ones being affected. The tops seem fine with very little being affected, but its working its way up the plants.

They are green and healthy, then get brown tips, then turn lighter green / yellowish and very soft, then brown takes over and they crisp up. Throughout this process the stems turn from green to red.

I took a ton of pictures to show what I'm talking about and tried to get it in all the stages described above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please let me know what the problem is and how to fix it if possible. And also if I should cut off these affected leaves?

Thanks.

2. I'm having same issues. Anyone answer?

3. The pictures are nice but your info barely helps anyone including me try to help you.

You should try to take a look at the sticky's before posting.
    You should check out the link below and then edit your post.

When posting your sick plant questions.

4. Because you're meter says alkaline.
    The pH imbalance is locking out nutrients, most likely nitrogen.

5. Updated.

6. #6 MiMedical420, May 18, 2011
    Looks like possible over watering buy some flowering nutes even one bottle of liquid karma and one bottle of AV bloom

To add mag 1 tsp of Epsom salt per gallon of water all natural mag sup cheap efficient also dolomite lime ph balancer for soil 1 tbs per gallon of soil or 1 tsp per gallon of water

7. #7 Hecktorharris1, May 18, 2011
    I doubt its Nitrogen, also when your plant is flowering it needs less nitrogen. Sometimes plants lockout almost all of the nitrogen themselves. It looks more like a burn then a deficiency.

What are your nutrients are you using this is important to know.

When was the last time you flushed it?

Please remember that I'm also a fairly new grower.

8. I think your wrong, not to be rude or anything.

Nitrogen is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0-8.0. and its not locked out until around 4.0-5.5

Also like I said I'm still fairly new but I do study growing quite a bit and I have learned from ALL of my mistakes. :bongin:

9. #9 xDEBOYx, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Could go as low as 5.8

10. This is definitely a nutrient deficiency.. looks like a combination of Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K). Your nitrogen levels may also be a little low but you definitely should pick up some fertilizer with an NPK ratio like 10-20-20 or something on the heavier side of P and K, as your plants need less nitrogen during flowering.

11. if the top half of your plants look nice and green and healthy then u shud carry on, if the bottom leaves are falling off and some of the tips of the lower leaves are turning yellow or brown but the top looks nice and healthy then theres no point tryina perk up the less important leaves leaves. sum are gunna fall off anyway. if your still worried. try giving them half strength flowering solution (water soluble) theres a huge range and most of them work great. dont use mirical grow tho bad idea. hope this helps (if ive got the wrong end of the stick then sorry)

12. to be honest tho your plants look fine. there not gonna dye. marijuana is quite hardy as we all know