3 gallong smart or 5 gallon?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gregmagnu, Nov 26, 2012.

1. I have 2 bagseeds and a mazar kush growing right now i have 3 5 gallon smart pots. would 3 gallon be better?

2. Depends on your lighting but in general bigger roots are always better

3. It doesn't make a difference. Not in my room anyway. I have a nl x la in a gallon and a half of soil that's larger than the plant I have in a five gallon bucket. This I'd say is not the norm though. Usually more roots more fruits. But I have not noticed any difference between the threes and fives. Both can bring a qp under a six hps. I'm about to take a pic to show you. Be right back

4. Here's my sandstorm in a five gal smart pot.

Attached Files:

5. Now here's the nl x la in a gallon and a half. The sp I have to water twice as much

Attached Files:

6. Thanks for the info, i just picked up some 3 gallon smart pots. Il be transplanting my 3 plants which are 2 weeks from seed into the smart pots. Does the height of the pot matter? The smart pots seem to be pretty short.

7. go 5 gallon. its worth it

8. I really don't see the difference between the fives and threes. Actually I'm going with threes from now on because the plants are just as large. They produce just as much end product and the threes are cheaper to fill and save space. You will be watering a lot more with the sp though. Three and five no difference to me but a seven or a twenty would probably be where I'd see a difference. I don't transplant either I just pop the seed rt into the promix