3 finger leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CaraLynn, Apr 25, 2016.

1. My plants are 4 weeks old growing their 5th and 6th set of leaves. They all have 3 fingers. Except one plant, the first set of true leaves still has only one finger. Is this normal? They are seem healthy; growing a new set every couple of days.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sounds like an Indica dominant strain. Fewer leaf blades than Sativa strains.

3. like duck foot style leaves or just regular leaves with only 3 fingers?

If it's just regular leaves with 3 fingers then the plant is just not big enough, but will start growing 5 and 7 fingered leaves as it gets bigger.

If its the duckfoot leaves, then it's probably just genetic and will likely grow both regular multi fingered leaves and duckfoot leaves.

A few of the strains I am flowering out now are duckfoot varieties and they are still only growing 3 fingered leaves even 3 weeks into 12/12.

what I mean when I say duckfoot:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. i think both can be genetic... all the raspberry diesel clones when i went shopping were 3 finger plants, my 2 clones are 5-6 weeks in veg and are still 90% 3 fingered leafs...

could be a coincidence though haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. yeah im getting the same on 2 of my strains that are 3 weeks into 12/12

edit: and then there's one strain that is growing literally 1 fingered leaves. it's the weirdest pot plant ive ever grown, the leaves aren't even serrated. It might be weak genetics IDK I got the clones from another grower.

6. When a plant is reveged it sometimes will do weird leaf growth I've had them do it so maybe your plants came from a reveged plant.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not sure lol they are bag seeds. What age do the usually produce five fingers? Maybe they are still young and I am impatient lol

8. This is my first grow using bag seeds lol I figured WTH give it a try! Do they look ok for being 4 weeks? I germinated like 30 seeds only a dozen sprouted, bugs got a few before I put netting over it, I'm down to about 6 healthy ones but I got 40 more germinating. Not guaranteed to get a single female so I'm gonna keep at it till I have a couple healthy ladies!

9. Could be the photograph I would say they are pale looking.

10. Leaves are normal.

11. I took a clone from my ladies 21 days into flower and now that's she's in soil and reveged she's getting the exact same leaves. She's also getting single blades too.
    Here's a link Monsters in the back room

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yep. That was my last plant and honestly pissed me off so I tossed it. Doing the outdoor season anyway. Just upset me my uncle in law didn't tell me it was a week in a half into flower when he let me cut some clones.

Sade's outdoor Bigfoot territory grow

• Like Like x 1
  13. They take forever to root but all the pictures I see of a monster cropped plants they are huge a bushy. I had to take the cutting in flowering because I'm out of seeds and want to keep the show going.

14. They take forever to root but all the pictures I see of a monster cropped plants they are huge a bushy. I had to take the cutting in flowering because I'm out of seeds and want to keep the show going.