3-4 weeks sober

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by frankmilton, Dec 1, 2014.

1. I been alcohol free since 1996, THC free since 1997 and only started using cannabis again at the end of 2012. Alcohol caused me many problems. It's not how much you drink, it's what happens when you do drink. Does it cause you problems? I was a genetically engineered alcoholic too. It is a degenerative gene.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #22 LachaChiefRocka, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    I know this thread is long since dad But. I don’t know if you guys know what you found here, I am treating this like an amazing scientific discovery. You guys might not even want to hear this, but along time ago A man went to see his doctor, this was before alcoholism was really known, he told this doctor I have this compulsion where I can’t stop drinking, well everybody else has no problem putting down the bottle I just can’t seem to let it stop. The doctor tells him you know what I have the exact same problem, from then on they started meeting with each other frequently and talking about it, but they noticed in the time that they talked about it and related to each other hours would go by where they weren’t drinking, Then they found that thay would get through without drinking in the time that they didn’t see each other, it was something to do with supporting each other and relating to each other, That’s how AA was founded. It’s just a place where people share their fucked up stories vent about bullshit and respect each other , It gives a sense of community.
    It worked for me, I was on alcohol H, GHB, Coke and whatever else I could find for a solid 10 to 12 years, and I’m 29 years old. What you guys are doing now has kept me sober for about three years now, between that and counselling. I’ll support like what you guys are doing is super helpful, it has allowed me to love myself again as well as my life. I have a spinal injury, from coding my brain and ethanol and being an idiot, Trying to Flip myself off of a four story balcony into like 2 feet of snow and iceAt a party, I still drink for six years after that. I read it right at a grade 3 level due to my dyslexia, I have ADD to the point where I can’t organize two things,
    but today i’m going to University and getting A’s and B’s, something I would have never thought possible. Helping other people is what allows us to stay sober, and drugs and alcohol without Support is forever worsening, there’s always another rock bottom, they will torpedo my life every single time and take everything I have from me
    For the record I have known countless people in the program that’s still smoke cannabis, As long as one can moderated it’s just like any other medicine it helps people in so many ways , Nobody in the program should be medication shaming because these things work for people , And it is up to the user to determine whether it’s a problem. As long as people are waking up every day wanting to best themselves then there is no harm done. I grow cannabis and I take one hit every time I crop out, I do this because The experience is spiritual and uplifting, it puts things in perspective And opens my eyes up two things I’ve been ignorant to . Just thought I would throw that out there