3-4 weeks sober

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by frankmilton, Dec 1, 2014.

1. first couple weeks were pretty much like living hell because of insomnia and tremendous amount of stress
    a lot of withdrawl symptoms have faded i would say
    still got minor depression and a bit of anxiety
    been exercising a lot and i guess its been helping
    im still very easily irritated though
    stress is constantly building up and i wish i can go back to smoking weed
    which is ironic because first couple weeks made me want to stay sober as long as i can because of all the withdrawl symptoms
    im gonna try to make it to april 20th and when i go back to smoking, im only gonna smoke once a week
    even if i dont make it to that date, im still gonna smoke once a week only
    fyi, was an all-day-everyday smoker for a few years.

2. why did you have to quit?

3. Shit when i quit for even a week it sucks.

4. I smoke all day every day as well, when I run out out hash and can't get I get the symptoms as you. But when I choose to stop, I don't have any issues, I just find something else to keep me pre occupied. I smoke about 10-15 joints a day. I've quit on my own with hash in my possession for a month and started again because I was happy that I didn't have any problems.

5. Get High don't be a little pussy

Name-calling doesn't float here. Please read the Forum Guidelines posted in every forum before posting again. - RMJL

6. Yeah. I didn't find it physically addicting really. (Lack of appetite, hard time sleeping).

The thing is, is thats how I was before I smoked weed. I used weed to offset those issues of mine.

Psychologically, im very weak. I think about weed every day, and am counting the days until I am off probation.

If this was me voluntarily quitting im sure it would be easier, but it isn't voluntary. I didn't want to quit, so obviously that makes it harder.

Good luck man. Ill smoke one for you in 29 days when I am out of the grips of the crazed rottweiler of a legal system that we have.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 As Above So Below, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
    Thought I was doing pretty good with it but I woke up today feeling like absolute crap. Made it to work for 7AM but I went home after a few minutes. 

I was hungover all day today, sweating, puking, etc. 

I do find that I have a hard time sleeping once I stop. Like tonight I'm just wide awake and I've been up for 12 hours already...

It's funny because when I was younger I would always rather smoke over drinking. Some stuff happened to where I couldn't smoke so I went to drinking... Now that I can smoke again for some reason my body prefers drinking, but my mind likes smoking more. When I drink I do really stupid shit and I'm a shell of my sober self, basically I hate myself and the things that I do when I drink but I still do it anyway... But today is a wake up call I hope for me, I've been down this road and it's only going to get worse for me.

So for me I am going on day # 1 

8. I know what you mean. When I was getting clean for probation I started drinking on a daily basis. I grew a tollerance, and was soon drinking 3/4 of a fifth almost a whole fifth a day.

Then I stopped it cold turkey. Now ill drink for 2 or 3 days after my drug test, because they test on random tuesdays and I can get clean in 4 days.

I usually do things I really regret doing when im drunk. Wheather it be: breaking shit, causing fights, passing out and having friends have to haul me inside, almost burning down the house because I was drunk and trying to start a fire in the stove and almost knocked the thing over, the result of me drinking is always bad.

I just hope that when im off probation I dont have an actuall alcohol problem. I also want to limit myself on the weed. I want to keep it to only something I do at night.

I have an extremely addictive personality so idk what will happen.

9. #9 As Above So Below, Dec 2, 2014

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I recently switched to liquor also which definitely doesn't help. I don't drink as much as you do in terms of quantity but I don't think I've been sober a day for 5 months, I think. 

The bold part is also just like me. Horrible decision making on both our parts lol. What's sad is that even after all the consequences I've faced, I still continue to drink and it still causes problems - definitely a sign that i need to stop.

I used to go out and drink and drive and smoke blunts and do really stupid stuff, wake up the next day not knowing how I made it back home :( 

I'm just like you, I have a very addicting personality. It doesn't matter what it is if I like something my personality just takes it to the extreme.

I hope it gets better for you man!

10. Depending on if your male or female, how much you weigh etc. That could be why I was drinking more than you. Its not a good place to be, I can say that much.

Theres a reason im on probation, and it involves alcohol. Even my friends tell me im a bad drunk, but I just say fuck it, knowing I will regret it the next day.

Are you not smoking weed either? When im off probation im gonna cut myself off alcohol except for very rare occasions. Alcoholism runs in my family on both sides, so im playing with fire. Im just gonna keep it to weed If I want an innebriant.

Good luck to you too. You will notice physical benefits of quitting after a few days, although psychologicaly its something that for me anyway, I struggle with daily.

11. #11 As Above So Below, Dec 2, 2014

I'm Male roughly 140 pounds. I've also lost about 10 pounds in the last few months because I'm sure you know alcohol kills your appetite once you take that first drink. I used to get the drunk munchies but that took away from my drunkenness so I stopped that real quick. When I was eating and drinking it wasn't as bad.

I can smoke weed now. I just finished my wax yesterday but drinking is my main enemy. I'm dry until Wednesday though :(

And my whole family are alcoholics also, so it runs in my family too. If you were to look at my entire family tree at least 75% of them were / are alcoholics or have at least had struggles with it.

I can honestly say that I never used to believe the gene thing and alcoholism - how it gets passed down through generations, I actually believe it now. 

My body craves alcohol unlike other people. I don't know if it happens to you but whenever I crack open a beer or any liquor, that first smell sets off something in my brain. That first smell/sip and something clicks in my brain, whereas a normal person would just smell shitty liquor, I can actually feel endorphin's being released, and it's sort of scary. I've seen my eyes dilate in the mirror after my first smell/sip. It's weird...

12. I definately know what you mean. Friends that I hang out with can't stand the taste of beer or hard a. I don't mind it one bit.

While they are making funny faces trying to sip down a beer, im over in the corner chugging mine.

After iv had my first drink, I want another, and another.

I also find I crave it really badly after a night of drinking. The first week or so after drinking it takes a lot of willpower not to go out and buy more. Thats why I was drinking daily for a while.

Hell the only reason I stopped was because of probation drug tests. Come to think of it, it is probably a good thing.

13. I'm very proud of you for staying sober. Hopefully you can go longer

14. I can't fall asleep with out weed it takes along time... So I just smoke one j for a good night sleep hehe ! :smoke:

15. #15 GobindU, Dec 2, 2014
    I'm sorry this happening to you. I have also had addiction issues, not so much with alcohol but with other downers such as that one that's starts with H. I crave it everyday and do relapse here and there. I have somewhat learned how to control my urges. I buy a G, which used to only last me a day (and was 60 bucks!, 60 dollars a day man, thanks god I don't have a habit anymore), but now lasts me 6-7 days. The last bag I picked up was about 2 weeks ago. What I do is use for those 6 or 7 days. By the time I finish that bag I'm usually already get dope sick. Shakes, sweats, chills and restlessness. Oh and diarrhea. However I know my withdrawals sympts are just going to get worse and worse so that is incentive enough for me to get off. I suffer for 2 or 3 days and then it's done. I then usually wait a month then buy another bag. It's the only way I can handle staying off for "long" periods.

Alcohol is just as bad IMO, honestly it's worse because it's more destructive and makes u do dumb things. But fortunately most if not all of it is psychological so you can stop if you truly try. Please do man.

Oh and you seem to know a lot about drugs but just FYI, alcohol doesn't effect endorphins but rather GABA receptors.

16. It's mostly placebo. I used to think I had withdrawl symptoms but then I went 3 days with out smoking because I was working so much and I didn't even realize it till 3 days later that I had no symptoms of withdrawl. Now I can quit anytime with no issues.

17. We will pray for you OP. We love you and care about you and think of you everyday.

18. I don't care much for drinking it always makes me sick. But quit for probation dude or you'll never get off and you can even get sent to jail. Its worth it, just smoke when you're free

19. #19 As Above So Below, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014

Yeah it's hard to quit but I just got some L lol. And then tomorrow or Thursday I'm getting a quarter :p Last night I didn't drink and I've been up for 29 hours now.. I sort of feel sleepy but not really =/ Been up since Sunday at noon.

I would have never guessed you had an H problem! From our conversations every now and then that really shocked me! H is one thing I will never try. I've smoked meth and it was so fucking awesome! But I like to sleep so after that first time I've never done it or have any intention of every doing it again. But I was drunk when I smoked it... So bad choice right there!

I hope you get off the H for good, I know a few people who are still shooting up to this day and you eventually just gotta let them be and move on. I've been around a lot of junkies in my time (never shot up though) and the horrors that go with it.... You're tougher than me I'll tell ya that!

I wasn't sure if it was endorphins, seratonin or dopamine that get's released but now that you mention it GABA is what I meant. When I read that it took me back to the DARE days, can't believe I remember that shit!

Day #2 is going good for me. Got some other stuff for the weekend and getting some bud in the next day or two... Overall I'm doing better. I got some of my appetite back and I felt amazing at work today even though I didn't sleep a wink at all. Even going without sleep for a night I still feel better than when I'm hungover... 

Sorry for the rant hahah.

And I would have made a new thread but I did a search and this was only a day old. I'll probably just use this as a sobriety thread unless I / someone else feels the need to make a new one.

20. nice man.  You will have a good weekend for sure, the L should help recalibrate your priorities and definitely helps substance abuse issues.  I wish I still had a connect, probably would have helped a lot.  

Weed will help as well.  Oh and as for the sleep it will be tough for a little while.  It took me about 3 weeks before I started getting proper sleep.  But man when i just get out of acute wd's especially after long term use, and manage to get some sleep, I have the most intense dreams.  That and everything becomes more vivid and less dulled.  Now that i think about it everything becomes more intense ha.  

It looks like you're doing well tho, and i feel as if you can get through this.