3/4 plants under 600?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by GOONie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. What it do GC! Im in the transition of moving to my new place next month and im trying to finalize my grow room design so all I have to do is set it up when I get to my new place.

First of all I will be running a 600w digi in a supersun2 which is all located in a 4'x4' tent. I will be running a recirc DWC setup similar to rumple's BB and blazeoneup's DWC system and will implement a scrog once they reach the right height.

My queswtion is ... should I run 3 or 4 buckets in this room? 3 will definately fit easier and I wont have to rework the plumbing of my current setup(they are in a triangle configuration.)
    Will there be a noticable increase in yield?

My understanding is if I have the screen completely filled up(3 plants will take more time vegging with 4) then I should get about the same yield using either number of plants. My guess is that the size/nug ratio would be the only difference, with the 3 plants having bigger colas but less bud sites and vice versa with 4 plants.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out and sending some knowledge my way!

GOON

2. the answer is, whatever works for your situation dude. if you have your shit set up for 3 plants in a triangular configuration then run it that way. see what happens. you dont want to over crowd your buds. but if theres room, the more the plants the more the buds. the veg time will remain the same reguardless of how many plants you have. as long as the light is distributed evenly throughout the entire plant then there should be no difference in bud structure. .........

3. I run a 600w over 3-4 plants in hempy buckets in the same area and I average around 4oz dried/cured buds per plant...although I dont grow in a BB so maybe theres some difference in amount you would yield. I tend to rotate my plants every week or so to make sure they all get good coverage of light all the way around the plant.

4. #4 CannabisMaximus, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009

Finally!!...someone who isn't full of shit when it comes to how much DRY herb they harvest.

I am so sick of fuckin' goofs who are claiming they are getting 1lb. of DRY bud per plant, but can never provide pics. Hmmm

I am not gonna name names...but you know who you are.

5. yeah...hell I've got no one to impress. Im sure there are folks who avg more, Im always striving to get more like everyone else. I should be harvesting again in a couple of weeks, hopefully I get more...but if not its cool theres always next grow. After this cycle though Im bumping up to a 1000w to see the difference in what I get.

PS: CannabisMaximus I love that pic in you sig...looks like a hefty top. Thx for the rep also

6. If you do the three bucket grow, try to link them and fit in a controller bucket, it makes it a lot easier to add water, nutes, and check ph and tds. I'm doing a 5 bucket system with a sixth controller, with a small pump to recirculate via drip stakes.
    I've also just started some Hempy's ( thanks_numb_).....I'm really impressed so far. I am trying to get a perpetual harvest going and logistically, the RDWC is limiting.
    Good luck GOONie.........

7. Im guessing by perp u mean every 2-4 weeks.

I will be doing a perp but I will have plants finishing their veg cycle a few days after I harvest whats in the flower room so I have time to clean, etc. So my cycle will last alot longer.

I do have a controller and I am trying to figure out how to set it up while keeping my plants best centered in my room. Thats where the triangle idea comes into play. I can use only four 90* elbows along with my tubing and have them setup in a perfect triangle. My problem with running 4 is having the 4 buckets centered in the lights footprint and having the controller in the room also. Im kinda thinking it wont matter once I get screen filled up but Im uncertain about it right now.

Thanks for your help,

G

8. Does the controller have to be in the room? Could you plumb it through the wall and access it from the other side of the wall? If there isn't to drastic a temp change, that could be an option.
    Yeah, I'm going to do 5 at a time in my BB's and then 2 plants every 2 weeks in my Hempy's. In my state, I'm allowed 15 plants total, with 24 ozs dried, cured, so it's a task to try to keep within limits.

9. If I move the controller out of the room then I will have to build a table to but the buckets on inside the room so that the drain pipes are at the same level. Currently the drains are about 2-3" below the lowest opening in my tent. I may end up just building a table so that:
    a) I can move my controller out of the room and have 24/7 access to it
    b) I could design a scrog into the table which would be the easiest way to put that in
    c) Clean up my grow room and make the spacing inbetween the buckets even
    d) Put an overflow tray in my room
    e) Mountings for pumps/gauges
    f) Gives me something to do on my next day off!

Im stoned as fuck and I could probably think of another 2000 reasons to build one. I think thats gonna be my 1st project once I get my tent up. Just gotta figure out what all I wanna incorporate into it. Will definately post a build up if worthy!

10. Can I ask how big your space is? I'm looking to do the same thing and I have (2) 4 x4 x 8 spaces and my limit is 15 plants, could I put 7 plants under 1000watt hps in that small space; the lights are air cooled?

11. Sure...well I have changed the veg side a little since the post in sig...

The veg side is now 3x5x8 with a 400w MH and a T5 light for mothers. The Flowering section is 4x5x8 as of right now lit by a 600w HPS(but next run will be putting in a 1000w hps) all my lights are air cooled(except the T5). The space is a converted walkin closet, between the 2 rooms is around 3' of space to stand in the middle(can be cramped with multi people in there, but honestly only ones in it are me and the wife) I hope you can throw 7 under the 1000w cause most of the time I only grow out 3-4 plants, but I will bump that up at first with the 1000w'er in there to see what I can get out of it.

Good luck and if you want any more info on my set up drop me a line and Ill get back to you on it.

_numb_:smoke: