Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

3-4 ounces w/coconut oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SuperSizedNugz, Mar 10, 2017.

1. I want to make a really strong batch of coconut oil. i have about 3-4 ounces of high quality trim. id prefer to use the crock pot. I know the oil wont cover all the material itself. i would add water and strain later, but i plan to use lecithin and i have also read that it binds to water and should be used with the oil itself. so should i do the water method, and once i separate it, re-melt and add the lecithin? how would you pro's go about it? i never get high off edibles unless i eat 2-3 times more than everyone else. so i want this as strong as i can get it.

2. I don't think you need to mess with water when you make this. Make sure you're decarbing, that's the most important step. Once you decarb the trim will be smaller and you can break it up and the oil will likely cover it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Let me clearify, i diddnt actually weigh it, but it will fill my crock pot up 75% full ATLEAST. i want to make 1 jar of some strong ass coconut oil. 1 jar wont fully cover half of what i want to put in. and i really dont want to turn it into bho, rather figure out a way to use it all with 1 jar of coconut oil for some really potant shit if possible.

4. Are you done yet op? Can I haves some boss?

5. I havent started yet. Really hoping to get some solid input. I want to use it all and make it really strong so i dont have to use much oil to feel the effect with my tolerence, but i dont want to waste alot. Tried a bowl trimmer for the first time, and it ate alot of bud so not only is there nice sugar trim, but theres alot of bud in it too. Really dont want to turn it into bho or hash and THEN start the cooking process, and i dont want it to come out crappy by using water as i seen mixed opinions on that. I just hate getting edibles and not feeling shit. When i buy hippie jerky, at 100mg, it takes me 2 or 3 packs to feel anything. local edibles me or my buddy make, same thing, i have to eat a bunch and i hate brownies or anything sweet (weird right?)... so i want a 1 bite knock out. brownie bites or some shit lol. Id like to have a supply of some strong coconut oil on hand all the time so i can just add it to whatever in small amounts. problem is, im not seeing a way to do this without adding water, or concentrating the trim first. Im afraid if i just use 2 ounces to 1 cup, it wont be strong enough and ill have to keep eating and eating to feel a tiny effect.

• Like Like x 2
  6. i say do like a 1:2 proportions weed to coconut oil. 3 ounces off trimm to 6 ounces of oil. You could even probably reduce that more. I used to put 28 grams of bud into about 10 grams of coconut oil. Needless to say on gram of that shit would kill somone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Man ur tolerance must be really high. I use 2.5 oz of quality trim that I've ground in a coffee grinder and decarbed for my oils and butters for 32 oz. I love sweets and my cookies are usually 1 and done or 2 the through... but take an hour to kick in and last for almost a day and a half.... I switched to making canna caps with the oil instead so I can lay off the cookie carbs. 2 of those and I'm good. Again takes time to hit. How long would you let ur oil cook in the cooker? I give mine a full night and day. I do use lecithin but I don't do anything with water. Just a really good strain.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Its shitty man. I take a few hits off a bowl and i feel it. small dab and feel it. edibles, i have to go crazy. it sucks lol. Id let mine go atleast 12 hours. Probably closer to 24 like you. throw it in during the day, let it go til morning. I guess im going to experiment and just go by how much its saturated, see how much i can throw in without adding water. Ill get started on it tomorrow or sunday. might just throw some BHO or kief in for good measure, even though i was trying to use just trim and cut up nugs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You dont think 3 grams of oil into a few caps will destroy you? I usually do that to people that like to say edibles arent working. Not that im saying you are one of them. Im just saying thats over 25000mg of thc i can not see that not getting you lifted. Plus its rather cheap to do.

10. Too make coconut oil its best to get a big pot for boiling fill it half way with water toss the weed and a good amount of coconut oil inside let it boil for how ever long you please. After its done toss it in the fridge to cool it down strain off the coconut oil from the top once its cold and reheat to oil on the stove to cook off the excess water but dont heat it too much or you'll destroy the THC and strain the final product of any leftovers. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

11. im sure it will. i need about 500mg to start feeling it from what ive noticed. Most of the edibles i buy are 100.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ive read that water makes the coconut oil go rancid faster. I want to make a large strong batch and keep it on hand. also, lecithin bonds to water too. do you use lecithin or store it for a month or 2?

13. When I get home to Jorge Cervantes book ill post the exact directions he uses.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. i feel you im the same way i dont understand how people get high off 100mg

• Like Like x 1