2x THC bomb fem, 1x Himalayan kush (Organix) Grow journal

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Hilbert Effect, Sep 23, 2011.

1. When you transplant them into bigger pots, I would bury the stems right on the line where the very first round baby leaves are, leaving those leaves just sitting on top of the soil.

It will give your babies just that little bit of extra support and roots will grow in the buried part of the stem.

:bongin:

2. Thanks Geoff i really appreciate the advice. So far i am not seeing any roots poking out of the draining holes, but now i know exactly when ill xplant them. As soon as i see roots coming out of the drain holes i will transplant IMMEDIATELY! Ill post a picture of the pots i plan to use later.

3. hey man when u transplant get some rooting gel and rub on the stem up till the point your burying it, this always seems to work for me and never lost one yet :D

4. Not a bad idea at all, thank you. Ill most likely be doing that now ;)

5. Here is a picture with the hood lights on and on the left you can see the pots im going to use for xplant.

[​IMG]

6. so i decided i was sick of looking at these poor things with stems too long propped on sticks tied with twine, so i transplanted!

I did a lot of forum browsing and most people said that burying the stems does not usually cause stem rot, and a lot of growers have been doing this for years without rooting gel and everything goes fine every time. So i am going to test this out for myself.

I did not bury the plants up to the little oval seedling leafs but almost. The plants already looked happy the moment they got xplanted. I also figure, why wait for roots to show in drain holes, lets just get it over with!

Here are pictures of the babies (not so much babies anymore) In their new homes. The hood light is now on with the CFL, and of course my fan is still on oscillate. I also have a little baby heater down there as winter is slowly approaches.

I have to run to the store today to get some more gallons of distilled water :mad: i ran out!!!

And luckily i had JUST enough soil to fill all 3 pots :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so yeah, ill update in about a week. Unless something happens. I am wanting to top these plants, i just need to learn more about it, i was also thinking about LST'ing these babes, but i think i might do that next season.

7. ugh i hope the himalayan is a girl lol that would suck if she wasnt!

8. Looks like these need a drink my friend. When you repot make sure that you water the shit out of them (not so much so that they are sitting in water though) this will mean that they are encouraged to root into the new medium faster.

9. Yeah i ran out of my last gallon of distilled water after xplant so ill be getting more today

10. Any updates Hilbert?

11. sorry peeps, i have been really busy at my local OWS protest. (side note if you are interested in that pm me and ill send you a video we made while there)

Anyway heres some updated photos taken yesterday 10-17-11

First up Himalayan! Above view
    [​IMG]

Side view [​IMG]

This is THC B #1

Above view
    [​IMG]

Side view
    [​IMG]

And last but certainly not least THC B #2

Above
    [​IMG]

Side
    [​IMG]

They are doing really well, if you can't tell from the pics they are currently growing their 5th set of fan leaves.

The THC B's are having good side stem growth (in between main stalk) and are staying pretty small and bushy and thats exactly what i want.

The Himalayan is slightly taller than the two THC B's and its leaves are so much wider/fatter/thick, that truly is a weird looking plant in person lol

More updates coming probably after this weekend.

12. lol *can

looking good, you might want to start nutes if you haven't already...

13. Sorry for the hiatus people. Im not going to lie when i say that i got bored documenting the slow growth of the vegetation stage of growth :( so i stopped... Until now. I was waiting until they started the flowering stage to start this up again, and the time is now.

My ladies have been in the flowering stage for 11days, this is day 12.

The Thc bombs were feminized so i already knew they were going to be female but the great news is that the undetermined Himalayan Kush has revealed its sex to be a FEMALE! woot! so all 3 plants are females!!!

They are huge bushy plants at the moment, ill post pictures either tomorrow or the next day. the Thc Bomb number 1 was topped and is doing great! i hope you are all excited to see them :)

14. Hey Hilbert, good to have you back man - i thought you had fallen off the face of the earth!