2ND. WEEK OF FLOWER...HELP I.D.ing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by danktank 420, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hello fellow tokers! This is my bag seed grow of 5 plants. As the header stated I am in my 2nd week of flower.

I think 2 out of 5 are males, but could use a second opinion before tossing them, thanks in advance!:D

I apologize for the quality of some of the pics as I was holding the loupe in one hand and the camera in the other...

pf1.jpg SUSPECTED FEMALE PLANT 1

pf1a.jpg SUSPECTED FEMALE PLANT 1

pf1b.jpg SUSPECTED FEMALE PLANT 1

pf2.jpg SUSPECTED FEMALE PLANT 2

pf3.jpg SUSPECTED FEMALE PLANT 2

pf3a.jpg SUSPECTED FEMALE PLANT 3

pm1.jpg SUSPECTED WTF DONT REMEMBER

pm1a.jpg SUSPECTED MALE PLANT

pm2.jpg SUSPECTED MALE PLANT

pm3.JPG SUSPECTED MALE PLANT

2. I am a relative newbie, but ive done a lot of reading and just sexed my plants a few weeks ago and agree with your prognosis.....pistils are clearly visible on female plant #1 and 2, indicating they are ladies. Unfortunately, those definite look like balls on the suspected males, so I agree with you there as well.....you could always give the males an extra 3-5 days just to make sure, but I suspect your diagnosis is bang on. :)

3. Also, to help with timing your flower down the road, I'd recommend that you start counting your time in flower from the time the plants show sex, ie. day 1 of flower would be when the females showed white hairs/pistils. In your case, there is an almost 2 week difference (depending on when the hairs popped) between your flip to 12/12 and when flowing actually starts. Until they show sex, the plants are technically still vegging and maturing.

Hope this helps! :)

4. YEAH BLASTER,
    that was my plan to wait another week and see how they look, thnx for the input.

5. [quote name='"ShovaBlaster"']Also, to help with timing your flower down the road, I'd recommend that you start counting your time in flower from the time the plants show sex, ie. day 1 of flower would be when the females showed white hairs/pistils. In your case, there is an almost 2 week difference (depending on when the hairs popped) between your flip to 12/12 and when flowing actually starts. Until they show sex, the plants are technically still vegging and maturing.

Hope this helps! :)[/quote]

Gotcha!

6. No worries dude, happy flowering and good luck! :)