2nd Try at this address

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 420th Ave, Mar 10, 2015.

1. I've been growing for about 4 years now, and my business partner and I are currently in the process of severing the relationship to go out on our own. No bad blood or anything, it's just getting to be that time. Last year I started a grow here at my home and because of some non-cannabis-related legal issues as well as just other crap in life getting in the way, the grow ended up being a huge failure. I got hit with mites a couple of times, I had to be absent a couple of times and the plants got messed up each time (salt-locked and such, etc.) Well, time for a second try, and this time I'm going to keep a journal in order to keep better track of things. As of right now I'm in the middle of revamping where the plants will be, so for the time being they're just solo cupped under a T5. I'm starting everything in this grow so far from seed. I'm planning to take the first tops from each of the plants and clone them off and force flower to verify that they're female, as I don't really feel like waiting and wasting time, space, and nutrients on males. I haven't named some of the hybrids that I'll be growing yet, as I'm figuring that will be something that can get done once they've been harvested and sampled. Sadly, as the aforementioned legal issues have me on probation for the next year, I won't be able to sample, but I'm sure that it won't be too hard finding somebody to try them out.
    I planted the seeds in Fox Farm Ocean's Floor to start out with, though they'll end up getting transplanted into Growstones GS-3 Coconut Coir Mix once they're a bit bigger. I've done the soil to hydro transplant several times before with good results. It makes it quite a bit easier, especially while working on building the area where they'll end up, to only have to worry about water for the first couple of days. All of the water used has been run through a Hydro-Logic Stealth-RO200 reverse osmosis system and then brought to between 5.6 and 5.7 pH using General Hydroponics pH Up and Down. I'm checking the pH with a Hanna Instruments digital pH meter. Initial watering is done by hand, being poured in prior to the sprout breaking the top of the soil, then after that being misted on. I'm watering them 4 times per day, giving each of them 80 pumps out of the mister that I have (not enough to get runoff from the cups, but at the moment there's no way that the roots are reaching down far enough for that to matter). All of these seeds were planted on 3/6/2015 and today they just started to break through the topsoil. I planted 28, of which 21 have already broken through the soil. 
    So far the strains that I've started are as follows:
    Purple Chem (really good strain that I've gotten from a friend of mine, definitely a heavy couch-lock). The seed was the only seed that I found or heard about out of nearly a pound of it that my friends and I went through after its second harvest.
    South African Kwazulu
    Toe Bear OG (Phat Pheno)
    Kali Mist #4
    Super Senior x Goji OG
    Chocolate Kush x Fire Alien

Here's my day 3 pics. I'm going to try to keep daily pics going. 

Chocolate Kush x Fire Alien
    For some reason only 2 pics got sent over by my phone. There's actually 4 of these, and these ones are currently at 100% germination.
    C.KushxFA 3-9 1of2.JPG
    C.KushxFA 3-9 2of2.JPG

Kali Mist #4
    Yet another at 100% germination. This one there's actually pics of all 5 of the little ones.
    Kali 3-9 1of5.JPG
    Kali 3-9 2of5.JPG
    Kali 3-9 3of5.JPG
    Kali 3-9 4of5.JPG
    Kali 3-9 5of5.JPG

Purple Chem
    Also 100% germination, but I only had one of these seeds.
    PChem 3-9 1of1.JPG

South African Kwazulu
    So far only 3 of 7 of these have popped. Not sure what the deal is. I'm looking forward to seeing how these turn out, as this is the only landrace out of the crop. SAK is a 100% sativa landrace from South Africa.
    SAK 3-9 1of3.JPG
    SAK 3-9 2of3.JPG
    SAK 3-9 3of3.JPG

Toe Bear OG Phat Pheno
    So far only 25% germination rate from this strain, 1/4 having popped.
    TBOG 3-9 1of1.jpg

Super Senior x Goji OG
    6/7 of these little guys have popped, and some of them look super happy to be getting some light. SSGOG 3-9 1of6.JPG
    SSGOG 3-9 2of6.JPG
    SSGOG 3-9 3of6.JPG
    SSGOG 3-9 4of6.JPG
    SSGOG 3-9 5of6.JPG
    SSGOG 3-9 6of6.JPG

And this is the cannoli that I'm going to eat once I'm done making this post.
    IMG_0828.JPG

2. Krypto, my pot-plant-protecting pit/lab mix, felt neglected during the making of this post. He felt like posing for the camera so that I could show the world what a good boy he is. That, or he was eyeing my cannoli. Anyway, figured you guys might be dog lovers too.
    IMG_0829.JPG IMG_0830.JPG IMG_0831.JPG IMG_0832.JPG

3. Really excited for the SA land race. I'm thinking my next grow is gonna be an African land race as well. Good luck man!

4. I have a TON of these beans. If you want I can mail you some and you can try them out. So far they are decent for germination rate and are kind of weird in their growth patterns. They will kind of seen to rest for a few days and then they suddenly shoot up several inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum