2nd Grow Setup help - Upgraded to 8x8, add xtra 1000w? or x2 600w's? medium?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mr4tune, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hey all...

Sorry for the long post.

Just finished off the first grow in a 4x4 tent /w 1000w, no co2. 4 way LST'd, and topped once. Vegged for 45 days. 6 girls in 5gal soilless buckets. Dried finished weight of all strains was 20 oz and change.

For the second run, going with some better genetics to start the perpetual. (BCBD God Bud Fem). Purchasing an 8x8 tent for flower, turning the 4x4 into a veg room complete with DIY CFL light rack already fabricated. Which leads me to the lighting question(s) for the tent...

I have the 1000w /w air cooled hood, and was wondering if I should just add a 2nd 1000w, or x2 600w's. Ideally if I could go back in time I would have ordered the x2 600's right off the bat, but I didnt....

What would be the best lighting setup for this space? I have read all the arguements on the 1000w vs 600w, and how you can get the 600's closer, also aware of the lumen difference as well just want to know how to layout the 1000w and 600s together in an 8x8 space. Maybe i shouldnt have, but my canopy was sitting only 12" or so away from the hood with no burning, etc. on the last run.

I grew soilless first time round, good results after fixing the pH, but wondering if going with Coco in smart pots would get an increase in the yield (?)

Last but not least Ill be purchasing a co2 system with monitor, etc. to have rigged in by the time the girls get put into flower. Already have portable AC ready2go.

Originally wanted to use just the 1000w in the 8x8 and have lots of room to work around, plans changed, and ideally want to get the most out of this space while still having room to get around the girls for watering, etc. Trying to watch to power somewhat so x4 1000w are out of the question ;)

Thanks for the input GC! :smoke:

2. a 1000w with 2 600w sitting on each side is going to provide more light over more of an area than 2x1000w.

I'd go with 2 more 600w