2nd Grow, OG Kush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Potluck420, Apr 26, 2016.

1. On my first grow ( which is still going on with about 3 weeks left) I made a lot of mistakes resulting in stunted/unhealthy growth and a low yield. Its ok because from that i learned a lot through trial and error so i think its a good thing. This grow will be with just one plant, feminized OG Kush. It will be a little different for me this time around because my 1st grow was an autoflower and i plan on trying topping this time. i have the seed currently germinating, it just cracked and should be ready to plant tomorrow. some info on my setup and supplies:

strain- dinafem feminized og kush

grow space- custom fitted grow boxes

soil- fox farms ocean forrest with 70/30 soil to perlite ratio, added mike o'rizey granular as well

lighting- before final pot transfer 6 23 watt 6500k cfls, after transplant globalstar led light with additional support cfl lighting

nutrients- fox farms grow big, tiger bloom, big bloom. im gonna wait at least a month before i give any.

the small grow box in the pics thats what im starting off in then when i tranplant into a larger pot ill move it into the bigger box and change my lighting at that time too. im open to and welcome any advice :)

Attached Files:

2. Awesome. Looking forward to the rest of your grow

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haha I am too, I know more more now so it should go good

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. The taproot was showing good so I planted this morning. I started off in a slightly larger container than what's recommend but it'll be just fine, I had a few of those pots lying around so may as well use them. I'll update when she pops up[​IMG]

5. Subbed

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Potluck420, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    She hasn't popped up yet but I moved the pot into my other box with the quick one because it was 89 degrees in that small box. I'm not sure if it matters but I'd rather be safe and there's no point in wasting light power if she hasn't popped yet. I took out the pc fans to put into the big box so I'm gonna need to order some more, I need better ventilation anyway. [​IMG]

7. She sprouted above the soil today. I'm gonna keep a ziplock bag over the top for the next couple days to help keep the humidity up[​IMG]

8. Coming up nicely, moved lights a little closer cause she's starting to stretch a bit[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Adding another plant to this grow, I'm germinating a afghani reg seed right now. The og kush is gonna have a head start but it's no big deal. I have my fingers crossed now that it'll be female

10. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Sub'd I'm really curious is to how the outcome is because I was debating on running my dinafem og kush I got as a free bee but I went with the critical + instead.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I received the seed as a freebie too from herbies. I was also unsure about it because I always thought and planned on only growing autos but I figured I already had it so why not give it a shot

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yep same here not about the autos tho I have a few auto seeds I want to run tho. I had a few with my last grow but had to scrap everything for security.

14. That shit sucks dude when you gotta do that... My very first attempt I had to get rid of it because I was worried about the smell. What auto seeds do you got? There's sooo many I wanna try lol

15. Right now I got sour diesel haze (seedsman). Turbo bud (heavyweight). West coast og (fast buds) northern lights (nirvana and vision) ak49 (vision) and an auto ultimate (Dutch passion)

16. And with those northern lights I plan on doing a side by side grow on the growth taste smell high cause their pretty cheap and want to help get some info out there

17. Nice that sounds interesting to see how they both come out. You should do a journal for em, id check it out

18. I definitely will make a journal. maybe after my next grow cause that's gonna be a blue cheese from big buddah a Jekyll passion samsara and a bubblegum from th seeds

19. I was going to get some blue cheese seeds but was warned it had a VERY strong smell so it was a no go lol. My next batch will be Sweet Devil Cream Auto and Blueberry Bliss Auto. Omfg they look amazing haha

20. I planted the afghani today, once it sprouts I'm gonna let it stretch a little so it can catch up to the og kush