2nd Grow Cannatonic Led 2x4 Coco

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by satxdrummer, Jan 11, 2015.

1.      Resin Seeds Cannatonic Strain, Roots Organics Soilless Media, Soul Synthetics Nutrients, in a 2x4 Tent with approximately 350 watts of actual LED (Mars Hydro, one 96x3w Reflector and one 100x3w White Old Style)

Soaked Seeds overnight, put in Rapid Rooters and put in humidity dome on 1/4. Popped on 1/7. Had a work emergency come up and had to leave for a couple days, so they didn't get put under light soon enough and got a bit leggy. Put under CFL on 1/10. Today 1/11 transferred in to small containers and buried about 2" of stem. Watered with RO brought up to 0.15 EC with General Organics Calmg+ and PH'd to 5.81. Have a gentle breeze blowing on them.

Any Questions, Comments, Advice or Opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

PS: Found this great, positive, indie rap artist called Surreal & The Sound Providers. Nice chill beats with some jazzy undertones and some good lyrics I can get behind. Check em out if you get the chances.  

Attached Files:

2. Plants are getting settled into their new containers, got em in the tent about 18" away from 96x3w Mars Reflector with the veg spectrum only on.  Fed 1/13 with water mixed at 2ml/gal CalMG and 3ml/gal SS Grow ph'd at 5.8. Fed today 1/15 with water mixed at 5ml/gal SS grow ph'd at 5.8.
    \n     Got my new 7 Stage RO unit in, puts out 50us-7ph water. MUCH better than the 1300us-8.4ph garbage that comes from my tap. I was initially going to bring the ec up to 200us with CalMg before mixing nutes as a base, but after doing some research and talking to Auroura I don't think it is necessary. Soul Synthetics has alot of Calcium, Magnesium and Iron and it doesn't look like I need to add more when giving a decent amount of nutes. I will add some when just giving straight water though.
    \n     Also, did some testing with my EC meter and figured out that as a quick and dirty estimate, 1ml of anything in the Soul Synthetics line will bring up EC about 75us in 1 gallon of water. In addition, did some calculations and when using RO water, their feed schedule will have me in the ballpark throughout the different grow stages EC wise, maybe just a touch high in the highest feeding parts. (Based on some recommendations for different EC levels I've seen on here)
    \n     Attached pics of my seedlings as of today, my new RO unit and my Closet full of grow goodies. Thanks for reading. 
    \n     PS: Heard this preety good Australian Metal band called Hunt The Haunted. Check em out if you like heavy stuff.

Attached Files:

3.      Girls are doing good and looking healthy so far. Continuing to feed at 5ml/SS Grow to a gallon of RO every other day. 

My PH meter is giving me some trouble. Doesn't seem to give an accurate reading, though it does calibrate. I'm storing with the electrode submerged in Atlas Scientific PH Storage solution. Im rising with RO and setting it in some RO water before I put it in my nute solution. I'll put it in feed water and it will go to say 6.4. It will fluctuate over a few minutes and doesn't seem to stabilize. Next feed ill do it and it will say 5.4 with the same nute solution in the same rations with the same water. not sure whats going on. Attached a pic of the meter and how i'm storing it. Kind of sketch cause I don't want to fuck with the ph of my feed water if my meter isn't reliable. 

Attached Files:

4. #4 satxdrummer, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
         Hello everyone, I've been researching some different techniques to use as the grow progresses. One called "Mainlining" or "Manifolding" has caught my eye. Its basically topping with some LST and Lollypopping. Will link to guide and video. Anybody have exerience with this grow style? Seems to be a good way to get nice solid colas without all the BS popcorn and airy stuff as well as bushing out to make better use of my tent and lights

***Debating on weather to do 4 mains or 8 mains in a 2x4 with 2 plants in 5 gallon smarts****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf6RD2029UY

vvvvv Written Guide vvvvv

http://www.growweedeasy.com/mainlining-nugbuckets

One of the main issues with my last grow, among other things, was that my yield was not where I wanted it to be. I got about 110 Grams off of about 340-350 actual LED watts. I didnt use any techniques, just vegged them about 3 weeks and flipped to 12/12. Had a nice main stem and some good side buds as well, but the side buds had alot of empty stem towards the bottom and there was alot of very leafy airy bud. I harvested about 5-7 days to soon which might have contributed.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I would love to hear an feedback, advice, ect

5. #5 satxdrummer, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    Looking good today.Switched over today to Week 1 Veg on the Soul Synthetics feed schedule that I inserted. Came out to 863us/EC with the RO water. Ph'd to 5.95. Overshot just a hair trying to bring it up to 5.8 but from what I understand you should never add more ph control to correct for adding to much and overshooting. Still feeding every other day. From what I understand you dont have to alternate straight water/feed very much with coco. Thanks for reading, would love some feedback.

IMAG0041.jpg soul-synthetics-feeding-schedule.jpg