2nd grow - 2x4 tray - Purple Kush - 8 plants - hydro drip system

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mjboy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. not sure trying to let the babies on the shelf get ready, but here is my set up and the two big ones are ready. just wish i knew a way i could flower them now. having problems with pics will get em when i can

2. this is your second grow?

have you read anything about the lucas formula?

Its a fool proof feeding regiment, uses just floranova bloom mixed at levels based on light

cfl uses way lower ppm then HID

like 6-800 for cfl 1250 or so HID

Been using it for quite some time with excellent results in everything

3. havent tried the Lucas formula and not to familiar with it. I do plan to try other stiff but for now im just using regular nutrients and lighting.

the CFLs are ok for veg and to get them ready for the HPS im going to have waiting. And since it takes longer to flower ill be ok with the CFLs for the next harvest coming in since ill have 2 systems set up.

4. no this my first grow and because of the amount of plants, probably will not need to do this again for a while, should provide plenty of personal for me. at least for 6 months tho a year.
    havent heard anything on that formula, the system i am using is a 3-part system that is working great, probably wont change it. good luck with yours though.

5. heres an update - day 26 of Veg

here are some pics i have of the plants on day 26. Im going to be getting a lot more pics in since ..... thats right! today i got my 2nd system!

Eb & Flow - 3 x 3 tray - 1000 HPS air coolable reflector w ballast

I got it set up in about 45 minutes once we got everything together. Im going to be taking more pics tomorrow so you can get a better picture of how its going to end up. im missing the mylar and black tarp to seal the lights into my 2 sections. Right now i just have the 1 new setup with my 10 plants (hopefully all females) and will be waiting for the next 5 super silver and 5 of my purple widow i just ordered last week.

i moved all 10 plants today into the new system. i started to germinate my super silver haze today and plan to have it ready in a few days. i have two systems and plant to kick out 10 plants every harvest ( 2 months).

I was going to keep em in the 6 inch gordan cubes but i really need to go out tomorrow and get some rock pellets for a back up medium in the tray. the blocks arent letting the roots get much water .

let me know what you think

Attached Files:

6. day 27 - new pictures of the eb and flow set up

today im going to go buy my tarp to separate the sections. i dont have any plants just yet in my veg area so im vegging in the flower setup for now. once i get the planta little bigger and i can clone them ill change the times over.

but for now the girls are doing good and have been steady growing. For some reason i feel the 1000 hps will make them double in growth a day since moving from 6 cfl bulbs.

Attached Files:

7. lookin nice man. keep up the good work!

8. What day do you guys think i should flower?

9. Man nice grow. I see your going for a speedy harvest with top notch seeds.

I don't know much about speedy grows so I really have nothing to add. Just keep the pictures coming, I want to see those purple kush buds!

10. Thanks Brian , I check on the ladies today and found light burns on 3 of them. i guess i under estimated the 1000 hps i have on them. going to research what's the best distance and i get my tarp and rock pellets today. woo hooooo

11. What's up, man. Thanks for stopping by my new journal. Yours are looking very nice as well. How are the temps in the room with the 1000W HPS? Is it hard to keep the temps down or do you have a big enough fan that it's no problem? When I started my current grow I thought about using the ebb and flow method so I'll be checking in daily. Good luck man!

12. i have 2 fans in there so far. 1 Big one and 1 small. The light really heats up the garage. it was at 80 with the CFLs only , but now the area where the plants are have shot up to 89 and im trying everything to get it a little lower.

the E and flow is cool but Drip is better for veg all the way. im going to add my pelletes today so hopefully that makes a difference in how the water fills up. Currently My 20 Gal Res runs out of water since its a big 3 x 3 Box.

i wanted to use the eb and flow cause i plan to max out my area and light so i need all that water and if i was going to do drip i would have way to much clutter in the tray. so i went with this system. I plant to max it out to 12 - 15 plant if possible. right now im still with my 10 plant idea but i see its possible with my light. So i might go for it.

13. i have a small AC system with a frozen water bottle insert that i plant to use once im flowering but i might just have to go buy one of these. thanks for the tip

14. Day 28 - First big problem - light burns??? need some help here

OK guys , Checked on the girls today and guess what? the leaf burns are getting worse. I think my light was just to close. OR! the plants just couldnt go from 6 cfl 4ft bulbs to a 1000 HPS over night.

SO my next question is what do i do? I already lifted the light to about 36 inches (yes more than your suppose to) . i want to see if that will help the situation.

But im looking to hear from the experienced growers on this one. What else could this be? Or did i hit it on the nose with the light burn.

Keep in mind this started as soon as i moved em over to the hps setup.

also

here's a pic of my 2 super silver haze seeds that just sprouted. cant wait to get my Veg area going?

so what do you think?

Attached Files:

15. sill Day 28 - Hydrotons added to the tray

I bought a bag of trons to add to my tray to make it easier to feed my babys. here are the pics

my temp. is at 90 degrees most of the day time. I really need to get that lower

Attached Files:

16. #57 Mordecai, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
    Did you flush the rockwool prior to use?

Also, about flowering. I attatched a pic of a pot you can use to increase the potential size of your plant. You can leave the large rockwool cubes and put them into the pot with some hydroton. Make sure about a centimeter of the rockwool is under water when the system is full, that will ensure all of the roots get watered. If you switch to those pots you can veg for another few weeks.

Attached Files:

17. Hey i thought about that but i want to add a few more plants and im sure they wont fit with the pots in there taking up some of my space. plus the big cubes are big enough to hold the roots. and if not the tons will back it up. Thanks for the suggestion and i appreciate it.

oh and no i didnt flush them but i did today and i hope that will help. ( i was in a hurry when i got the setup so i totally forgot )

18. Do you mist you plants while the lights are on?? also a 1000 watt lamp should def be at least 24" from canopy if ya dont have any AC or something to cool the air. What are the room temps at the canopy?

19. looking good man.