2nd Grow - 250W MH/HPS Cabinet - Venus Fly Trap - Blue Widow - Bobs Your Uncle x 2

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PsypherE, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Made it to the hydro store today! Picked up 50L of hydroton, 98 rockwool starter cubes, 8 4" rockwool blocks, and a 12" x 22" humidity dome to put under my T5 24" x 4 bulb fixture! I added more hydroton to my flood table and the rest will sit for another month or so until its time to clone!

Peace and Love,

PyspherE

2. Started basic construction on my clone box. Just pieces of plywood at the moment but soon enough they will be put to use!

Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

Attached Files:

3. Hey GC!
    Update Time!!! I'm really happy with the growth i'm seeing in these plants. VFT and Bob's #1 are both doing exceptionally well! BW is also coming along quite well but Bob's #2 is not nearly as big and bushy. I have started foilar feeding them distilled water at random times about once a day. I changed the res today increasing the GH FloraNova Grow to 1030ppm and stoped the AN Voodoo Juice.

Blue Widow
    Week 4 - Blue Widow.jpg

Bob's Your Uncle #2
    Week 4 - Bob's #2.jpg

Bob's Your Uncle #1
    Week 4 - Bob's #1.jpg

Venus Fly Trap
    Week 4 - Venus Fly Trap.jpg

The Jungle
    Week 4 - The Jungle.jpg

I also started constructing my clone cab. The box is 30" X 18" x 30", and will have 2 x 8cm PC Case Fans as exhaust. It will house my 2' 4 Bulb 94W T5 fixture and humidity dome with starter cubes. I may also use it to veg, once my outdoor clones are in the ground, and then use my HID cabinet for strictly flowering... i have plans to go a bit bigger possibly but the money isn't around at the moment... Anyways my next step is to install the light traps and fans, then light proof the door, which i still need to find hinges and a locking mechanism for. Then install my light rails (to adjust the height of the light), followed by white paint and aluminum tape to finnish it off.

The basic box - dual exhaust ports and passive intake
    Clone Cab - Rough Assembley.jpg

Light Traps - painted the light trap areas black to eliminate any reflection out of the vents
    Clone Cab - Light Traps Painted.jpg

Also I have 4 seeds starting - 2 x Deep Grapefruit and 2 x California Hash Plant. So far 1 Deep Grapefruit has successfully sprouted and will soon be put in a soil/less mix sometime in the next week...

I also have plans to impliment a modular site ebb & flow system in my cabinet in the future. it will hold 4 - 1.2 gallon sites. it will also allow me to increase my growing height to well over 3 feet. I will also be cutting an old fishing net to use as a screen when i make the switch. Anyways thats my update! feel free to comment... i love feedback, good, bad, or otherwise... well bad in a constructive way...

Peace & Love,
    PyspherE

4. Did some more work on my clone box... installed the light traps/vent, put a rough coat of white on, ans started light proofing the door.
    Clone Cab - Basic Setup.jpg

I also started work on my modular site ebb and flow system. It will consist of a 20L resivoir with 3 x 4L flood sites. I assembled the main plumbing to and from the res and will hopefully have it ready tomoro.
    Modular Hydro - The Resivoir And Pump.jpg
    Modular Hydro - Painting The Containers.jpg

I also purchased a new fan and carbon filter for my HID cabinet as my airflow is less then desired as it is right now. I also have my eye on a 135W Blackstar LED that I am highly considering.

Anyways tomorrow i will be cutting a number of clones from my cabinet provided i get the clone box completed. And not long after that i hope to move them into my modular system.

As always i love hearing from you guys! feel free to leave a comment or ask a question!

Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

5. #25 PsypherE, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
    Hey Guys!!

Update Time! So BW has stretched alot and is now the tallest but both VFT and Bobs #1 are both much bushier, and overall larger. Bobs #2 is quite a bit smaller and is falling behind. These 4 plants will be gone by the end of the week and will be all be clones.

All The Ladies
    Week 5 - Its a Sea of Green.jpg

The Canopy
    Week 5 - The Canopy.jpg

The Branches
    Week 5 - Under the Canopy.jpg

Bobs #1
    Week 5 - Bob's #1.jpg

Bobs #2
    Week 5 - Bob's #2.jpg

Blue Widow (BW)
    Week 5 - Blue Widow.jpg

Venus Fly Trap (VFT)
    Week 5 - Venus Fly Trap.jpg

As well i have some seedlings ready to go into the upgraded hydro system. I have one California Hash Plant (CHP) and one Sweet Deep Grapefruit (SDG) in 4" rockwool cubes ready to go into the new system when i get it completed.

The Week Old Seedlings
    Week 1 - Hash Plant x 2 and Sweet Deep Grapefruit.jpg

I have done a considerable amount of work on my clone box and will hopefully have it ready tomorrow. it is pretty much fully painted and i may get around to aluminum taping the corners yet tonight. I need to pick up a timer and extension cord tomorrow and i should be ready for my cloning party. I still need to wire up my one 120mm fan still that will be used for circulation. Once complete i will veg out my second CHP in the box with all my clones and i am also thinking about starting a freebie fem Critical + AUTOMATIC seed to do in the cab as well

Anyways thats all for now. I hope to be back with pics of the complete clone box tomorrow and on Wed i will have an update for the new hydro setup in the cabinet. I have also bought a new inline fan and carbon filter as well as a Blackstar 135W LED Light. As always i'd love to hear from you guys!

Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

6. Quick update on the Clone/Veg Cab... I have a little electrical work to inside the box but other than that its complete now. The front/door of the cab still has to be taped and slightly touched up as well as attaching a handel and closing mechanisms.

Clone Cab - Painted and Taped.jpg

Clone Cab - Cab and Door Almost Complete.jpg

As Always, Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

7. The Grow is looking Bushy as Healthy. You have done a ton of work, GL on the grow Budday!

8. Hey there!! Time for another update!

I cut ALOT of clones tonight... well a good number, about 65... i cant remember off the top of my head. Anyways this left my 4 Plants very naked looking. I'm sure they're not going to appreciate it. That said i did need to do some trimming cause those plants were STRETCHING. The 4 plants were then put into 24hrs of dark before being switched to 12/12. I'm hoping they will bounce back from this torture. I was going to cut them down but have decided to do this extreme lolipop, almost bonsai like, grooming.

Look at all the space
    Week 5 Day 3 - The Naked Ladies.jpg

VFT Lolipopped
    Week 5 Day 3 - Venus Fly Trap Bonsai Lolipop.jpg

BW at switch to flower
    Week 5 Day 3 - Blue Widow.jpg

Bob's #1 at switch to flower
    Week 5 Day 3 - Bob's #1.jpg

Bob's #2 at switch to flower
    Week 5 Day 3 - Bob's #2.jpg

VFT at switch to flower
    Week 5 Day 3 - Venus Fly Trap.jpg

I also completed my clone box... more or less... i need to get new PC fans... i tried salvageing some from old computers but 2 are extremely loud so they need to be replaced. i also want to add a handel to the front and i need to add some sort of locking mechanism. Other than that it is completely light proofed and is currently in use housing my freshly cut clones. These will end up outdoors for the most part, i dont really want to loose my BW and VFT strains so i will keep one of each i think.

Inside The New Clone Box
    Outdoor Adventure - Week 0 - Fresh Clones.jpg

The Whole Box
    Clone Cab - Almost Complete - Loaded w Clones.jpg

The Box Closed With Light On Inside
    Clone Cab - Minor Details Left w Front On and Light On.jpg

Anyways, thats all for now, feel free to leave a comment!

Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

9. Hey there! Quick little update... I put the 4 large plants to flower tonight and changed the res. The new nute solution is running at 1120 ppm @ a pH of 5.8-6.0. They seem quite perky tonight after being mutilated yesterday. I was expecting them to be a little droopy today but to my surprise that wasnt the case. Also all the clones are looking good still, my new Blackstar LED will arrive soon as will my 4" inline fan and carbon filter! As well all the plumbing came for my hydro setup so i hope to finish it soon although it wont be installed for some time..

Anyways, Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

10. Great grow man , I bet your excited for the new LED.

when you clone in rock wool how do you move them to the bigger blocks?

11. Hey! Packages arrived today as expected!!:D But first i"ll address your question Highjack:

I use 3 different styles of rockwool cubes. ! use 1 1/2" singles which come wraped in a white paper/plastic covering, 12" x 22" Rockwool mats with 1" pre cut blocks, and 4" Rockwool Cubes.
    Rockwool - Three Sizes.jpg
    Rockwool - Different Blocks.jpg

I use the 1-1/2" blocks for germinating seeds usually. I soak them with distilled water and put them in a small humidity dome meant for peat pellet starters but i repurposed it (free is always good). I keep an 1/8" or less of water in the bottom of the tray and leave them under a small CFL.

[​IMG]

I use the mat of pre cut 1" cubes to root clones in. For clones i use a 12"x22" humidity dome with a nice and tall 10" dome. In the bottom of the tray i keep a ~1/4" layer of perlitewhich is soaked (if you can call it that) with distilled water. I then break off the desired number of cubes from the mat (usually chunks of 4-8 at a time) and soak them in distilled water. I then take a cutting with rooting hormone applied and place it in the hole (usually already in cubes at purchase). These chunks then simply sit on the perlite with the dome on under my 2' 4 bulb T5 HO fixture. About once a day I spray inside the dome with distilled water to ensure the humidity remains high.
    [​IMG]

Once roots start to emerge through the bottom of the smaller blocks they then go into the large cubes which come with a hole to fit the small cubes into(large cubes are soaked in very mild veg nute ~100ppm + AN VooDoo Juice before small cubes are transferred).
    Week 1 Day 4 - Hash Plant Large Cube.jpg
    Week 1 Day 4 - Hash Plant Saml Cube with Roots.jpg

And that is the longer version of how i get my plants into bigger cubes... all i probably had to say was the arge blockes come with holes for the smaller ones... but i like to give info and i didnt really go indepth about these steps in my posts.

Also I got my packages today! 135W LED, 4" Inline Fan, and 4" x 14" Long Carbon Filter
    New Stuff - LED Fan Carbon Filter.jpg

Anyways, I will get to work on some of this stuff tonight and if not tomorrow forsure.

Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

Attached Files:

12. New Light!!!
    New Light - Blackstar 135W LED.jpg

P & L,
    PyspherE

13. Nice setup. Definitely subbin.

14. Hey There!!!

Update on the cabinet... I made my temporary ventilation changes and installed my 4" carbon filter and inline fan. this runs 24/7 while my active intake only runs during lights on... I Also Pulled Bob's #2 out of the bed because of its stunted growth and i have put it in a small pot with some potting mix and placed it in the corner of the cabinet on top of the tray. I also made a bit of a mistake and left my digital timer on off so my plants went 4-5 days without being fed after a flush. This has cause a bit of a deficiencey but hopefully it will be corrected with the timer now on the proper setting providing the needed nutrients to correct the deficiency. nayways, here are the plants on day 5 of flower:

Blue Widow
    Day 5 Flower - Blue Widow.jpg

Venus Fly Trap
    Day 5 Flower - Venus Fly Trap.jpg

Bob's Your Uncle #1
    Day 5 Flower - Bob's #1.jpg

Bob's Your Uncle #2
    Day 5 Flower - Bob's #2.jpg

The Cabinet
    Day 5 Flower - LED Off.jpg
    Day 5 Flower - LED On.jpg

Well that is the update for now, enjoy, and feel free to leave advice/suggestions!!

I NEED a new camera, BAD!

Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

Unrelated Note: I decided to purchase a new guitar, it's a Kramer Assault T220 with Floyd Rose Bridge. So far i love it!! I also have a Epiphone Les Paul Studio , but here's my new little guitar setup with my Line 6 Spider 15 with MK II floor board and Kramer Assault:
    New Guitar.jpg

15. LED , badass , this is gonna be fun

16. :( Sad Update

Bob's #1 is a male... as this was my largest plant i means over 1/3 of my clones are also male so I am not to happy... this leaves me with approx 35 clones which are not doing that great so far as i neglected them for a bit to long and the rockwool got a little bit dry but i still have faith in some of them! With This bad news i started 2 more seeds. Critical + AUTO which i think i will keep in my veg box under the T5 and OG Kush which i think i will prep for outdoor and hopefully grab a clone off of for indoor (although i do have one more OG Kush seed, i just hate to waste it if i can clone).

BW is looking quite strong and is indeed a female as was expected from a fem seed. I trained it a little to even out the canopy a bit as it was a little taller than VFT. I hope I didn't do too much damage in the process. VFT is also doing well and is also showinfg the expected pistils. Bob's #2 is quite stunted but i have the room so why not see what happens. It is in a small 6" pot at the moment in potting mix which is sitting on top of the hydroton in the flood table. So far it is looking female but i can't really tell yet, there are no obvious pollen sacs yet so i am not to worried, but it is from the same smoke as Bob's #1 who was male so i am keeping a keen eye. Since Bob's #1 was male and i pulled it out of the flood table i now only have the 3 plants in flower, two of which are Ebb and Flow and one in potting mix.

I'm kinda pissed about the succes of my clones I do not think i will meet my expectaions... i had hoped to give a few out to some freinds but that is not looking as likely now. Hopefully i will have a few keepers and won't be dissapointed to much!

Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

17. Update Time!!

Bob's #2 is still behind, but i am pretty confident its a female so in the cabinet it stays. BW is looking really good! Very dense development at the meristem, with pistals starting to pop up eveywhere. I predict one nice dense bud from this plant, hopefully it works out! VFT is also looking strong. It has quite a few branches compared to the BW, and i am starting to see a little nute burn on the serrations and tips of the lower leaves. This prompted an additional 2L of fresh water being introduced to the resevoir. Also my clones are still hurting but i have faith that a good number will pull through. Also in my clone cab is a Cali Hash Plant and Sweet Deep Grapefruit which are both well on there way. As well i have an OG Kush and Critical + AUTO seeds germinating in the humidity dome.

Venus Fly Trap
    Week 2 Flower - Venus Fly Trap.jpg

Blue Widow
    Week 2 Flower - Blue Widow.jpg

Bob's #2
    Week 2 Flower - Bob's #2.jpg

Under The LED
    Week 2 Flower - LED On.jpg

The Canopy
    Week 2 Flower - LED Off.jpg

The Whole Cabinet
    Week 2 Flower - The Cabinet.jpg

Gettin' Ready for Outdoors
    Outdoor Adventure - Week 2 - Struggling Clones.jpg

As always, feel free to leave input. I love hearing from my fellow growers.

Peace & Love,
    PyspherE

18. Okay, i need help but its not to urgent, current living situation has fallen through and i will have nowhere for the 2 plants i have under my LED to finnish flowering (week 4 currently) so i am going to attempt to transplant into Pro-Mix BX, and then place them outdoors... with current suntimes, i'm pretty sure they will revert to veg but either way i will be happy. Here is the kicker, they currently run 12 hours at night, what is the best way to make the transfer to the outdoors? Transplant and time switch at once? or stager them a few days?

Any input is appreciated, and heres some pics of them end of Week 3 Flower

Week 3 Flower - Blue Widow.jpg

Week 3 Flower - Bob's #2.jpg

Week 3 Flower - Venus Fly Trap.jpg

Week 3 Flower - LED On.jpg

Peace and Love,
    PyspherE

19. If I were you I would ask SG1 on his old school growers advise thread. He knows a ton of shit , and I know hes been doing outdoor for 20+ years. He's on everyday and gets to the point. I wish I could help you more. I am almost positive he will have the BEST answer for your situation.

Looks great , sucks having to abandon it :( at least you can watch it grow outside if it lives. You might be better off grabbing a new clone and start it outside , might grow faster than trying to revert back to veg. I am not sure this is just a guess.